HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:59 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Nice pics cdee. Love the last one, looks like the torque has just got hold of it with that aileron deflection.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:03 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Nice pics cdee. Love the last one, looks like the torque has just got hold of it with that aileron deflection.
Thanks Aviefly... got a new camera about two weeks ago, still trying to get it figured out, many of the pics today were over exposed, found the setting to adjust for that once I got home!
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:45 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,678 Posts
Gotta say, this thing is a lot of fun. Just got back in after running my 4 packs through it. Have to get a few more packs for this thing. Ido you did really well on this and thanks cdee for all the help in this thread.
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:15 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
Gotta say, this thing is a lot of fun. Just got back in after running my 4 packs through it. Have to get a few more packs for this thing. Ido you did really well on this and thanks cdee for all the help in this thread.
Glad you like the thread, it has been a ton of fun... I got 10 more packs last week in preparation for flying my 44" to 48" models a little more...
cdee
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:26 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,693 Posts
Cdee,

I have made a series of slight mods to stiffen the elevator and fuselage and flew them under the lights last night. Snaps, torque rolls and higher G maneuvers seem to be much improved...not that they were bad to begin with...just better now. Will test today in some wind as soon as the rain dissipates. Will post pics later.
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Last edited by KE Spin; Aug 27, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:57 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE Spin View Post
Cdee,

I have made a series of slight mods to stiffen the elevator and fuselage and flew them under the lights last night. Snaps, torque rolls and higher G maneuvers seem to be much improved...not that they were bad to begin with...just better now. Will test today in some wind as soon as the rain dissipates. Will post pics later.
Cool... post the pics when you have a chance. I hope to get some more stick time on mine today and tomorrow as well, very fun plane to "fly" around!
cdee
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:00 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,693 Posts
Ok, here are the pics of the recent mods. Nothing earth shattering...but a marked increase in stiffness that improves precision and stability in 3d maneuvers. Snaps are snappier, ke spins are even better and hovering and descending torque rolls are much easier to control.

I found that the under extreme manuevers, the carbon fiber rods tended to release at the nose and tail of the airframe. Zip ties seemed to resolve the issue. The elevator had some flex that inhibited extreme moves at higher speeds and in windy conditions. The imbedded carbon fiber seemed to fix this. The Extra 330 was already a good plane but just came completely alive with these simple mods.

I flew the 330 this weekend at the club and a couple guys were interested in buying the plane to practice and enhance their 3d skills. However, they balked at the lack of high-g maneuvers and some of the flex in the plane. I took one of same the guys over to the local parking lot to show him how it flies now...he liked it before but his reaction was priceless, when I did a fast rotation descending torque roll to tail touch from 20 feet.......he kinda just hung his head. I think he thought that he could never do such a manuever. Just not true...it is even easier to fly now.

My final answer: This is hands down the best foamy that I have ever flown. Just totally stoked.

I just ordered the 1100kv motor from Twisted Hobbys. If my current 280 watt motor is good then a new 350 watt motor (for the same weight must be better). As I have stated previously, I fly in windy conditions and came away from the intial flights really liking the Extra but had concerns over windy flying. With these mods in place I believe that precise handling in windy conditions is assured.

I have one more improvement in the works. More on that later.
Last edited by KE Spin; Aug 27, 2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:43 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,713 Posts
KE Spin...

thanks for posting the pics... they are worth a thousand words! Sounds like you are having a blast with your 330SC... I know I sure am!
cdee
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:27 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Nice build thread cdee subbed ! also cos i love boxers he is a beauty mate !
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:13 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
Nice build thread cdee subbed ! also cos i love boxers he is a beauty mate !
Glad you like the thread... it was a lot of fun to do, and it is a great plane.

Ryder... he was not real happy with me during the build... he insists on always being at my side and would have preferred that it been in bed! If you look close there are other pictures that he is in. I have two, the little girl is a couch potato though, so she would rather hang in the living room....
cdee
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:58 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
I've got a dog and two cats, one of the cats insists on draping himself across my shoulder when I'm trying to build in the shed. A bit of cat fur works wonders for that extra bit of bond strength in you glue joints Still, it could be worse, it could be the Rhodesian Ridgeback
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:13 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
I've got a dog and two cats, one of the cats insists on draping himself across my shoulder when I'm trying to build in the shed. A bit of cat fur works wonders for that extra bit of bond strength in you glue joints Still, it could be worse, it could be the Rhodesian Ridgeback
yea... three kittys here, they are not allowed in the "back room"... lol..!!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:05 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,693 Posts
See vid below. Windy and bumpy but still came out ok. Will shoot another in a day or so in calmer evening weather.

Telink Extra 330: Winds 9 - 13 mph.
KE and his Telink (4 min 39 sec)
Last edited by KE Spin; Aug 29, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:09 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,713 Posts
KE Spin... Nice video, throwing the 330 around!!
cdee
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:13 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE Spin View Post
See vid below. Windy and bumpy but still came out ok. Will shoot another in a day or so in calmer evening weather.

Telink Extra 330: Winds 9 - 13 mph.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuRe_...PGACoMlD_t-pog
Nice
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er