SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by alpinemike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:46 AM
Finally made a maiden flight!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2008
369 Posts
Discussion
Ahhhh silver paint...

Well I gave in to my urges and shot the fuselage. I shot it out of order too. But the real trouble is in the paint. This is Fred Myer HD aluminum. it actually looks fantastic if you shoot a perfectly smooth surface. But, on this foamy I find it to be really unforgiving. Every little imperfection is extremely amplified..

If I really wanted too I suppose one could float a heavy coat of filler, primer and sand it for weeks to a perfectly smooth finish. Then etch the panel lines back in.... But in my opinion that would be wayyyyy too much!

I'll wait till tomorrow and see if my impression hasn't changed. But I think I will be coating over this with plain old metallic silver....
alpinemike is offline Find More Posts by alpinemike
to remove ads between posts