HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:57 PM
license to fly!
United States, NH, Bartlett
Joined Mar 2012
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleman View Post
Before you start trying to do anything on the website, try making a name for yourelf on other popular websites for RC. youtube is a good one. So is RCG. Once you build up enough interest in yourself and whatever you decide to do that will be unique, then you can start selling from the website.
yeah i agree with that cause i wouldn't be able to sell anything by just posting it on that website. when i have a plane design i will probably make a thread on RCG about it.
zebtqb is offline Find More Posts by zebtqb
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:01 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,260 Posts
RCG,RCU,FG,Youtube, anything else you can think of were people might see it. Try to get an ad in a magazine like Model Aviation. There are two sides to being succesfull. Having a good product, and having good advertising. once you get you first production run, send one to one of the big rc names on youtube to review (RCmodelreviews, flighttest, etc) so people see your product in a popular video. Nobody will ever buy if they don't find it first.

BTW - what kind of planes do you plan on making?
LowlyElevated is offline Find More Posts by LowlyElevated
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:08 PM
license to fly!
Joined Mar 2012
278 Posts
Quote:
RCG,RCU,FG,Youtube, anything else you can think of were people might see it. Try to get an ad in a magazine like Model Aviation. There are two sides to being succesfull. Having a good product, and having good advertising. once you get you first production run, send one to one of the big rc names on youtube to review (RCmodelreviews, flighttest, etc) so people see your product in a popular video. Nobody will ever buy if they don't find it first.

BTW - what kind of planes do you plan on making?
im just thinking of making foamboard planes nothing that big..yet.. haha
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:10 PM
brandon,fl
Joined Dec 2010
102 Posts
got a new simulator today for cars, its called vrc pro.. about the only good rc racing sim out there. here is just a little video I found on youtube. it was 46 bucks for a three month version, and the usb adapter was like 35 plus shipping. it plugs right in to your own rx ill be using my airtronics m11x once the adaptor gets here. ill let you know how it turns out.
Pro4, VRC Pro - Mike's Hobby Shop, August 12, 2012 (5 min 45 sec)
hunhunter is offline Find More Posts by hunhunter
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:10 PM
license to fly!
Joined Mar 2012
278 Posts
it's really anoying how so many people post more then once in the free giveaways. there is one guy that posted like 30 times. people like that are going to make free giveaways go away forever.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:12 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebtqb View Post
it's really anoying how so many people post more then once in the free giveaways. there is one guy that posted like 30 times. people like that are going to make free giveaways go away forever.
Posting more than once doesn't help your chances anyways. I already asked anixs about it.

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: How to Choose an R/C Radio [HQ]
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:14 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
Joined Sep 2012
1,260 Posts
Quote:
im just thinking of making foamboard planes nothing that big..yet.. haha
Well. I guess you gotta start somewhere.
What will make your foamboard planes better than a twisted hobbies model or a fancyfoam model? Because if there is nothing better/different with yours than those, your planes will just be another foamboard plane. You gotta make something better, like, say, a twin engine 3d plane or a fast foamboard propjet that can also slow down and huck like a regular profile foamie.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:14 PM
license to fly!
Joined Mar 2012
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Posting more than once doesn't help your chances anyways. I already asked anixs about it.

Dan
good.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:15 PM
license to fly!
Joined Mar 2012
278 Posts
Quote:
What will make your foamboard planes better than a twisted hobbies model or a fancyfoam model? Because if there is nothing better/different with yours than those, your planes will just be another foamboard plane. You gotta make something better, like, say, a twin engine 3d plane or a fast foamboard propjet that can also slow down and huck like a regular profile foamie.
i was thinking more trainer or slope glider to start and then maybe some 3D stuff when i get better at building planes.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:16 PM
brandon,fl
Joined Dec 2010
102 Posts
Quote:
price is a huge factor in that also..
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:18 PM
license to fly!
Joined Mar 2012
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunhunter View Post
price is a huge factor in that also..
yeah even if i don't make planes as good as twistedhobbys wich i probably wont they will be a lot cheaper.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:18 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
Joined Sep 2012
1,260 Posts
Quote:
I hate people like that. Trying to ruin everybody elses chance to win the givaway.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:20 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
Joined Sep 2012
1,260 Posts
Quote:
yeah even if i don't make planes as good as twistedhobbys wich i probably wont they will be a lot cheaper.
cheap is good. Those foamy kits are usually hugely marked up and are not really worth the price.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:23 PM
brandon,fl
Joined Dec 2010
102 Posts
gotta pay to play
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:25 PM
license to fly!
Joined Mar 2012
278 Posts
Quote:
cheap is good. Those foamy kits are usually hugely marked up and are not really worth the price.
yeah i could sell my kits for just over how much it costs to make, that's how anything i make would sell haha
Closed Thread