HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:44 PM
Unregistered User
helipilot23's Avatar
Joined Oct 2012
382 Posts
Thanks gtg
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:05 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NY, Mamaroneck
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
Why isn't anyone posting anything? Oh and Happy first day of break
Jboyyy is offline Find More Posts by Jboyyy
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:09 PM
license to fly!
zebtqb's Avatar
United States, NH, Bartlett
Joined Mar 2012
278 Posts
ioasfmvoindfivbondflnbigtdfv
zebtqb is offline Find More Posts by zebtqb
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:13 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
DJO's Avatar
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,614 Posts
Binary 900 DLG maiden today. First 5 or so launches went great, then the next one the elevator servo came loose inside and it went straight up, and then straight down back at me. I had to dive out of the way milliseconds before it slammed head first directly into the tar. End of the carbon fiber tube snapped, tail came off, nose is all beat up not sure if I'll fix it or not.

RadJet with the 30A ESC and 6x5.5 prop is AMAZING and SUPER FAST..

Hopefully tomorrow I'll bring the Edge out there as well...



Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: How to Choose an R/C Radio [HQ]
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:30 PM
license to fly!
zebtqb's Avatar
United States, NH, Bartlett
Joined Mar 2012
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Binary 900 DLG maiden today. First 5 or so launches went great, then the next one the elevator servo came loose inside and it went straight up, and then straight down back at me. I had to dive out of the way milliseconds before it slammed head first directly into the tar. End of the carbon fiber tube snapped, tail came off, nose is all beat up not sure if I'll fix it or not.

RadJet with the 30A ESC and 6x5.5 prop is AMAZING and SUPER FAST..

Hopefully tomorrow I'll bring the Edge out there as well...



Dan
that sucks.
zebtqb is offline Find More Posts by zebtqb
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:35 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
DJO's Avatar
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebtqb View Post
that sucks.
Honestly, I hardly even blinked an eye. It wasn't really that much fun. The thrill of DLG is gone for me... My last Binary 900 was a lot more fun than this, maybe just because I was flying in my backyard though... but I'm not really interested in DLG anymore, it was a lot more fun a while ago. But now it's super boring.

I'd guess the RadJet hit 80 MPH, easily. That thing was FAAAAAST!!!! I hardly set up low rates as well. Very touchy, lots of fun!

The 8FG works well also



Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: How to Choose an R/C Radio [HQ]
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:44 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Well, I guess thats it for dlg being the most addictive part of the hobby! At least for you.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:46 PM
license to fly!
zebtqb's Avatar
United States, NH, Bartlett
Joined Mar 2012
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Honestly, I hardly even blinked an eye. It wasn't really that much fun. The thrill of DLG is gone for me... My last Binary 900 was a lot more fun than this, maybe just because I was flying in my backyard though... but I'm not really interested in DLG anymore, it was a lot more fun a while ago. But now it's super boring.

I'd guess the RadJet hit 80 MPH, easily. That thing was FAAAAAST!!!! I hardly set up low rates as well. Very touchy, lots of fun!

The 8FG works well also



Dan
can you send me one of the DLGs your getting? if your not going to use one haha
zebtqb is offline Find More Posts by zebtqb
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:46 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
DJO's Avatar
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Well, I guess thats it for dlg being the most addictive part of the hobby! At least for you.
It still is though... You need to try it!
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: How to Choose an R/C Radio [HQ]
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:55 PM
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
AD.'s Avatar
London, UK
Joined Jul 2009
236 Posts
Charged all of my batteries today, hoping to go flying for the first time in a while on Monday.
AD. is offline Find More Posts by AD.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:55 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
It still is though... You need to try it!
I'll pass! I'm content with 3d flying right now!
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:58 PM
license to fly!
zebtqb's Avatar
United States, NH, Bartlett
Joined Mar 2012
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
It still is though... You need to try it!
im going to try it but i need a DLG.
zebtqb is offline Find More Posts by zebtqb
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:24 PM
No place like cloud base......
SuperBarlow's Avatar
United States, VT
Joined Aug 2012
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebtqb View Post
can you send me one of the DLGs your getting? if your not going to use one haha
I'm having a need for a DLG too- I'll pay postage
SuperBarlow is offline Find More Posts by SuperBarlow
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:35 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
DJO's Avatar
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,614 Posts
Guys, they haven't even come yet. I highly doubt that they're coming, it's been a solid 2 months now and a full month without communication at all. I probably didn't like it because it was snowy and no lift! But IDK, we'll see. In the future I hope to get the Binary 900 back up in the air... hopefully soon, I was launching it high! Videos to come, of course



Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: How to Choose an R/C Radio [HQ]
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:36 PM
No place like cloud base......
SuperBarlow's Avatar
United States, VT
Joined Aug 2012
445 Posts
What's a good online store in the USA other than HK? I haven't found any yet.
SuperBarlow is offline Find More Posts by SuperBarlow
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion GENERAL CHIT CHAT - advice, videos, cool stuff, new toys, reports, articles, ideas AussieJarred Dynamic Soaring 761 Dec 16, 2014 04:45 AM
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Mig 15 DF Owners Thread NitroCharged Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 5492 Aug 30, 2014 07:08 PM
Contest Chit Chat Thread With one Rule: You must reply to poster above you and be relevant! HoaRC Chit Chat 25 Aug 08, 2013 02:48 AM
Discussion General Chit Chat...... Keenan smith RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 38 May 28, 2012 06:03 PM