HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:54 AM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
861 Posts
im so happy. my graphics/technology studies teacher just gave me the go ahead to use the 3d printer and all the cnc machines to make a plane/s if i get his rc p47 up. the printer is awesome and ive already got ideas worked out. just need to learn to use cad program. his plane was given as a gift and is the hk p47 with retracts and nav lights.
scrub monkey is offline Find More Posts by scrub monkey
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:19 AM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonafriedman View Post
Same. Unless stuff gets donated to me.
Sometimes having to fund it yourself is good though, that way you're not dependent on your parents or anything to give you cash.

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CustomFPVSetups.com
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:52 AM
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
London, UK
Joined Jul 2009
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Sometimes having to fund it yourself is good though, that way you're not dependent on your parents or anything to give you cash.

Dan
Disagree, means your broke when you want to go out.
AD. is offline Find More Posts by AD.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:23 AM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
264 Posts
Quote:

Dan
+1! I know I'm getting the 300x like in 2 weeks or so. Than I think I'm gonna try to sell my dynam 60a, the AR6115e RX for a bit more cash towards the 42" slick
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:27 AM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
You guys know if there's any events in Canada like Nall?
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:37 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels
United States, NJ, Blairstown
Joined May 2012
415 Posts
CAD is really easy to learn. I learned it in about 2 weeks by myself, and then when I got to class I was ahead of everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrub monkey View Post
im so happy. my graphics/technology studies teacher just gave me the go ahead to use the 3d printer and all the cnc machines to make a plane/s if i get his rc p47 up. the printer is awesome and ive already got ideas worked out. just need to learn to use cad program. his plane was given as a gift and is the hk p47 with retracts and nav lights.
dskuro95 is offline Find More Posts by dskuro95
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:41 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels
United States, NJ, Blairstown
Joined May 2012
415 Posts
Ya I realized that. A lot of parents don't like to help fund there kids stuff. My dad usually pays 95% of the cost and then I pick up the rest. I pay for an accessories I want. This includes:
pin and flag switch
vinyl
light kits
aluminum arms
better tires
transmitter

He has so many 2.4 receivers that he just allows me to use them(45% orange, 55% real.) I am very appreciative of my dad for really helping me out. I think it is because he is into the hobby just as much as me. That and the fact i get a lot of free stuff at the field.

But lately I have had to pay for my own airframes and everything. The last 2 I recently bought was a used 70" Slick(fantasy blue). I still got a deal on it for everything butt he receiver on it for $750. Hacker A50-12L, Hitec 7985MG, Castle HV80, Castle Pro BEC 20 AMP, 2 6S 5000 LiPo's, Extreme Flight spinner, APC 19x8(switched it to a 19x10).
Then also a while back I got a 42" Slick for $20 bucks RTF. Before I got it I knew it was beat to hell, so it was gonna be my beater plane. I flew the *%#@ out of it, not even joking I put 1000 flights on it in 3 months. It was time for it to go. All the joints were constantly coming apart, etc., etc. So I just bought a new one. Used all the same equipment.

My thing is, try and blow your money on small stuff(unless you need it to finish a project). Get all neccesary equipmen, fly it, than work on accessories.

Quote:
Same. It's up to me to get the cash

Dan
dskuro95 is offline Find More Posts by dskuro95
Last edited by dskuro95; Feb 14, 2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:40 AM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki View Post
There is nothing like the 'Nall.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:49 AM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrub monkey View Post
Uh-oh...does he know how to fly?
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:51 AM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Yeah. In the beginning believe me I only had 1 flyable plane at a time, if that even.

Yet, you just spent $200 on RF6.5. This is exactly what I'm talking about...

Dan
I feel you bro
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:52 AM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude View Post
there is nothing like the 'nall.
+1 xD
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:44 AM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
Dang guys, just be happy with what you have! Seems to me you will never be happy. Not if you always want the latest and greatest with a passion. !

I'm coming from your position - less than half my small fleet is airworthy, which is funded by me. I'm slowly finding/buying parts to get them flying again.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:51 AM
No place like cloud base......
United States, VT
Joined Aug 2012
444 Posts
The key to happiness in anything (including RC) is not having what you want but wanting what you have. Just remember how lucky you are to be able to fly.
SuperBarlow is offline Find More Posts by SuperBarlow
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:01 PM
Who dares, wins
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jun 2012
699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki View Post
No, but in our area, there is the annual KW scale rally. You need MAAC and your club wings to fly at it.
addictedtoplanes is offline Find More Posts by addictedtoplanes
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:05 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtoplanes View Post
No, but in our area, there is the annual KW scale rally. You need MAAC and your club wings to fly at it.
sweet! I think you mentioned that to me before. looks neat! do you go to it? maybe I will go this summer cause I plan on joining a club anyway and I'll have a scale plane.
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Closed Thread