HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:38 AM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,632 Posts
Yep!!!!
Really excited!
I modded my 7C to accept a 3S 2200 Lipo in it
I get 10-11 hrs of run time instead of 3!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:27 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Nice. What was the original mah?
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
I have it 5th oh well! I'm excited. I just got in some end of summer flights, and I'll be heading to school in 15 mins.
So do I............ I posted that this morning.......
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:41 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
I hate myself PM from Joe- "Be careful about the info that you are posting. If you are not 100% sure that your answer is correct, then please let someone else take a shot at answering the question. This is a major problem with online forums, innaccurate information being posted. 

It is great to see you are soo involved with the forums, I just don't want to see you get yourself in trouble because someone plugs 16 cells into an esc and it catches fire. 

Take care,
Joe"
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:43 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,632 Posts
It was 600mah
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:48 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
I hate myself PM from Joe- "Be careful about the info that you are posting. If you are not 100% sure that your answer is correct, then please let someone else take a shot at answering the question. This is a major problem with online forums, innaccurate information being posted. 

It is great to see you are soo involved with the forums, I just don't want to see you get yourself in trouble because someone plugs 16 cells into an esc and it catches fire. 

Take care,
Joe"
Was that Joe Smith?
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Yeah
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,632 Posts
Quote:
Yeah
Its okay, thats happened to me before too.
I just read the advice, not give the advice now.
When I'm old I'll have read it all then I can repeat it again
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:05 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,410 Posts
Cullen, don't feel too bad. I went and found your post in the thread and it's obviously just an honest mistake.

That said, power systems are one of the places where it's really, really, really best to only give advice if you're absolutely dead-sure of what you're talking about. I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything, but Joe's right: If someone takes your advice and destroys their ESC, motor, battery, and/or model, where does that leave you?

But hey, that's why it's nice that there are folks like him around The forum setting invites a lot of bad info, but it also ensures a good crop of people who really know the stuff and can correct minor errors as they happen.

Actually, you'd be surprised by the number of supposed "experts" who also post incorrect information. Just a little bit ago I had to correct a longtime power system authority who posted some very, very bad information about electrical power in motors.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Ok. that makes me feel a little better. Its just a bit depressing to be scolded by someone you hold in extremely high esteem.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:25 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,410 Posts
Well, maybe, but he DID do it in a PM versus publicly, and he couldn't have possibly been more gentle about it
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:26 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
Cullen, this is what I've been trying to tell you all along! Sorry about the whole Joe business, but the whole point is that when you post too much, you forget what your posts mean to other people, or you post just to post and not because you've actually had experience with the item.

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Montreal and New Hampshire 2014
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Yes, and there was a hidden "chill out" in the "its great to see you are so involved in the forum"
Dan- I have been trying and trying so hard lately to give good advice. Go look in the thread I posted in in electric flight, and tell me again that I am posting for the heck of posting. The thread are called "whic CA glue to get", and "I want to fly!"
Last edited by RCAddict16; Aug 27, 2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:04 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,725 Posts
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:10 PM
Team 3DHS
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,418 Posts
Quote:
Ok. that makes me feel a little better. Its just a bit depressing to be scolded by someone you hold in extremely high esteem.
I am sorry that you took my PM the wrong way. I was honestly looking out for you in hopes of keeping you from getting yourself in a nasty situation. I thought that I worded very kindly and I did do it privately so that it would stay between us but for some reason you decided to make it all public.

I know that you made an honest mistake and didn't mean to post inaccurate information but if someone plugs 16 cells into an esc it will catch fire and they could get seriously burned. I don't want you to have to deal with something like so I thought I would shoot you some friendly advice.

Again, I am sorry that you took it the wrong way.
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread