HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:08 PM
The Luftwaffle
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Alright well good luck, it's going to be tough learning FPV in a cramped environment. But it is your choice of course! Have fun! And get your HAM license as well.

Dan
I didn't say I was gonna learn in the forest...
I plane on keeping it low to the ground at my RC field, at least to start. Probably just stick ezerything on my PZ corsair and fly that for a while. Once I know what I am doing, I will move to a more dedicated fpv plane, and then on to the tricopter. And I am then, after much practice at the field, fly the tricopter, and only the tricopter, in my neiborhood, which is in a forest. It isn't so much of a neiborhood as it is two dirt roads and a few houses. I will fly down the roads and between trees. As for my dedicated FPV plane, I will launch and land it from the main street in the neiborhood, which is wide enough for the trees to not block the plane on the way up.I will only fly over the trees with the airplane, not between them.
I do plan on getteing a HAM license before I do any flying as well.
Waffleman is offline Find More Posts by Waffleman
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:10 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
261 Posts
Quote:
Z - you fly pinch, right?
Well. This is interesting, I just switched to pinch today! Feels more precise and smoother I like it a lot
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:12 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleman View Post
I didn't say I was gonna learn in the forest...
I plane on keeping it low to the ground at my RC field, at least to start. Probably just stick ezerything on my PZ corsair and fly that for a while. Once I know what I am doing, I will move to a more dedicated fpv plane, and then on to the tricopter. And I am then, after much practice at the field, fly the tricopter, and only the tricopter, in my neiborhood, which is in a forest. It isn't so much of a neiborhood as it is two dirt roads and a few houses. I will fly down the roads and between trees. As for my dedicated FPV plane, I will launch and land it from the main street in the neiborhood, which is wide enough for the trees to not block the plane on the way up.I will only fly over the trees with the airplane, not between them.
I do plan on getteing a HAM license before I do any flying as well.
Alright sounds great! But FWIW you won't be getting good reception at all around your neighborhood...

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: WASP 280 Mini Quad
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:41 PM
Who dares, wins
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jun 2012
686 Posts
Hey, DJO, what was that about a cheap FPV system?...
addictedtoplanes is offline Find More Posts by addictedtoplanes
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:07 PM
The Luftwaffle
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,208 Posts
whew Im tired now.....
I decided to fly my tricopter around the nieborhood. However, the niebors dog decided that my tricopter looked awfull tasty, so he started chasing it. I flew up and down the street, with the dog chasing and jumping and barking behind it. However, my battery gave out and I had to land. The dog almost tried to pick it up and run off, but I grabbed the tricopterand ran. After I made it back home the dog gave up and went back...
Waffleman is offline Find More Posts by Waffleman
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:11 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Quote:
Z - you fly pinch, right?
Well, I used to fly all thumbs, but recently switched to pinch on the left stick and thumb on the right stick. Why? I don't know!
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:17 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtoplanes View Post
Hey, DJO, what was that about a cheap FPV system?...
I build FPV setups for people, and I was offering to build a setup... if you want one let me know, we can work out the details.

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:23 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels
United States, NJ, Blairstown
Joined May 2012
411 Posts
Anyone need 59" AJ Slick in red scheme parts I have
Landing gear
Wheel Pants
Wing tube
Left wing (undamaged)
Right wing (damaged)
rudder
Horizontal stabilizer and elevators
dskuro95 is offline Find More Posts by dskuro95
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:31 PM
Who dares, wins
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jun 2012
686 Posts
My new years resolution:
Finish hotwire cutter
build and sell wings
finish the CL-415
Finish the Bf110
Repair the P-40
Build the lite stryker
Don't build or buy anything else until August 24(my birthday) I probably won't succeed LOL
addictedtoplanes is offline Find More Posts by addictedtoplanes
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:42 PM
No place like cloud base......
United States, VT
Joined Aug 2012
438 Posts
You realize that it's february right?
SuperBarlow is online now Find More Posts by SuperBarlow
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:43 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,563 Posts
Yeah I'm going to be buying lots of stuff over the summer as well.... why limit yourself? If you have a way to make cash, spend it on stuff that you'll have fun with!

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:45 PM
No place like cloud base......
United States, VT
Joined Aug 2012
438 Posts
I've decided that after I buy anything over $50, I'll wait a month before buying anything else. But waiting a whole summer without anything to build? That is torture.
SuperBarlow is online now Find More Posts by SuperBarlow
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:45 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels
Joined May 2012
411 Posts
Just trying to sell some stuff I don't use or need.

Would anyone be interested in a 1/16 Traxxas E-Revo? I have 2 lipos for it, and a nimh battery. I have the original charger for the nimh battery. It is 2.4 and I have the 2.4 transmitter as well. The car is beat up(which basher isn't?) but still drives great. I also have some spare parts(I think the A-arms.) The body mounts are upgraded to J-tec red aluminum ones. I also have a J-Tec wheelie bar that is aluminum as well. For some reason the car kind of make a clacking noise when going fast in reverse and sometimes in drive but it still drives great. (I think it is the plastic gears not staying locked in). I am going to ask $250 or best offer for it. I also have the manual as well.
I can take pictures upon request and text them too you(PM me for my number) because my computer doesn't like to upload pictures.

Also a E-flite Blade MSR $80 shipped?
And the AJ Slick parts I listed already
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:47 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,563 Posts
Post this stuff in the classifieds, not here. Based on what we've said about the mini revo I don't think many in this thread are interested...

You can post that on the Traxxas Forums as well.

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:49 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels
Joined May 2012
411 Posts
I did post it in the classifieds. Just figured I would post it to make it direct for the kids to see first. and get first dibs.
Closed Thread