SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:15 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonafriedman View Post
Thanks Dan! And yeah haha it is the only one you get excercise unless you go sloping, then you have to hike up and down some pretty big hills.
Oh and i will personally come and hurt you if you go fly with 700 feet of range. Haha but seriously you will need the extra range
Yeah thanks. You get exercise going sloping as well just like you said... your statement contradicts itself LOL!

And yup. I mean, when you spec out with a thermal... that's easily 1200 feet away, no?

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Montreal and New Hampshire 2014
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:15 PM
license to fly!
United States, NH, Bartlett
Joined Mar 2012
277 Posts
Quote:
Super mini has ailerons: so its worth the extra $30 or whatever it is. The ailerons are really clean and make aerobatics much better. Let me know if you get one.
Lately i have noticed a lot of interest in dlg on this thread: thats awesome. There are hardly any young people into the sport. Once all of you interested upgrade to a 1.5 meter dlg, we might see each other at contests. Just do one thing for yourself: dont tip strike on launch!
i am going to get a dlg sometime this summer and it will probably be the super mini topsky but the servos are way to much $ lol
zebtqb is offline Find More Posts by zebtqb
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:17 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebtqb View Post
i am going to get a dlg sometime this summer and it will probably be the super mini topsky but the servos are way to much $ lol
You don't have to spend that much on a servo LOL guys, just get HXT500s or something. But I guess it depends. The fuse does get cramped fast, mine will be packed once I put in a RX and BEC...

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:17 PM
license to fly!
Joined Mar 2012
277 Posts
would this work in the super mini topsky? http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.p...&product_id=92
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:18 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
Looks small enough to me...

An out-of-case OrangeRX might fit in there as well!

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:18 PM
license to fly!
Joined Mar 2012
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
You don't have to spend that much on a servo LOL guys, just get HXT500s or something. But I guess it depends. The fuse does get cramped fast, mine will be packed once I put in a RX and BEC...

Dan
yea i just don't know what will fit in it yet.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:20 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
So buy the airframe first, then pick the servos and battery. I got really lucky guessing what battery would fit fine, and servo as well. But that's only because I had had the airframe before and knew the basic specs on it.

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:22 PM
license to fly!
Joined Mar 2012
277 Posts
Quote:
So buy the airframe first, then pick the servos and battery. I got really lucky guessing what battery would fit fine, and servo as well. But that's only because I had had the airframe before and knew the basic specs on it.

Dan
thats probably what i will do.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:27 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,441 Posts
Had an awesome time at the field today. Put 3 packs through the beaver, several tanks through the Cox Cub, and caught up with some friends. Two guys had their turbine jets out as well.

It's good to be flying again.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:37 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,681 Posts
Or you just look at suggested electronics. With a dlg i can fit a 7 channel receiver, 330 mah 2s lipo, voltage regulator, 2 servos in a tray, and lead weight. You just have to be efficient with where you put stuff. Lead weight and battery at front, then rx, then servo tray usually works well.
jasonafriedman is offline Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:39 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
Quote:
Or you just look at suggested electronics. With a dlg i can fit a 7 channel receiver, 330 mah 2s lipo, voltage regulator, 2 servos in a tray, and lead weight. You just have to be efficient with where you put stuff. Lead weight and battery at front, then rx, then servo tray usually works well.
Yeah but that's a1.5m one as well. How large are the pods for those DLGs (normally)? For my Binary I've got the battery up front, then the servo, and then I'm going to put the RX in the back, because the servo wires are a little bit short...

All I have to do is make sure that the control rod for the servo in the pod for the elevator isn't interfered by the RX or wires.

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:43 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,681 Posts
Quote:
Yeah but that's a1.5m one as well. How large are the pods for those DLGs (normally)? For my Binary I've got the battery up front, then the servo, and then I'm going to put the RX in the back, because the servo wires are a little bit short...

All I have to do is make sure that the control rod for the servo in the pod for the elevator isn't interfered by the RX or wires.

Dan
I can take a pic of my topsky pod. I know for the mini topsky everything fits inside the pod ( 2 servos, battery, reg, receiver, weight)
jasonafriedman is offline Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:44 PM
license to fly!
Joined Mar 2012
277 Posts
Quote:
im probably going to use a 4.8v 300mah nimh pack
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:53 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebtqb View Post
im probably going to use a 4.8v 300mah nimh pack
Why NiMH?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:55 PM
license to fly!
Joined Mar 2012
277 Posts
Quote:
Why NiMH?
cheaper then a lipo and a VR and about the same weight.
Closed Thread