Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:45 AM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
163 Posts
Decided. Getting a 8FG after a 300x. Using the 7s for BNF stuff , helis, and cheaper foamies and smaller planes that I just want to use ORANGERXes in. I really like my 7s, but I honestly think that I need something a bit more trustworthy for larger warbirds and gliders.
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:02 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
howd you get all that money?
I'm not really sure... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Decided. Getting a 8FG after a 300x. Using the 7s for BNF stuff , helis, and cheaper foamies and smaller planes that I just want to use ORANGERXes in. I really like my 7s, but I honestly think that I need something a bit more trustworthy for larger warbirds and gliders.
No offense, but what's untrustworthy about your 7s? I have a friend who flew 50cc birds on a 7s... why upgrade if you don't have to? Have you had any problems with the 7s?
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:09 AM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post

No offense, but what's untrustworthy about your 7s? I have a friend who flew 50cc birds on a 7s... why upgrade if you don't have to? Have you had any problems with the 7s?
i tell you what dont get a dx6i. IT SUCKS! its deleted my models memory before but kept the name and trims? and it has glitched before.
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:11 AM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
163 Posts
Quote:

Well, if the 8FG has a LG sequencer than I'll most likely take it. I have also been looking at the DX18 for the LG sequencer. I want to be able to program what retract comes up first and how long the delay before the gears close is and stuff like that.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:21 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Well, if the 8FG has a LG sequencer than I'll most likely take it. I have also been looking at the DX18 for the LG sequencer. I want to be able to program what retract comes up first and how long the delay before the gears close is and stuff like that.
The 8FG doesnt have a LG Sequencer. Why get a DX18? lol. bro, just use a seperate sequencer! the DX18 is really only necesary if you're flying 3-4k models
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:48 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels
United States, NJ, Blairstown
Joined May 2012
409 Posts
Even though the 8fg doesn't have a LG sequencer you can almost set it up like one. Since you have the sliders, and the dials you can set them up differently. If you want to use the sliders, make the left one bring down the back 2 gears while the right brings down the nose. Its easy to do. Also I am pretty sure you can set it so that this way they do not go down right away and you have to move a little bit through the slider before it starts to go down.

Quote:
The 8FG doesnt have a LG Sequencer. Why get a DX18? lol. bro, just use a seperate sequencer! the DX18 is really only necesary if you're flying 3-4k models
dskuro95 is offline Find More Posts by dskuro95
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:33 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dskuro95 View Post
Even though the 8fg doesn't have a LG sequencer you can almost set it up like one. Since you have the sliders, and the dials you can set them up differently. If you want to use the sliders, make the left one bring down the back 2 gears while the right brings down the nose. Its easy to do. Also I am pretty sure you can set it so that this way they do not go down right away and you have to move a little bit through the slider before it starts to go down.
Lol I don't want to focus on sliding and flipping all that stuff when I'm trying to he altitude
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:34 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
163 Posts
Hmm. Maybe I'll ask for a 8FG or just ask for cash toget a 8FG for the b-day.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:34 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels
Joined May 2012
409 Posts
Aren't you going to have to flip a switch though?
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:46 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Honestly, Nick, I agree with Chad! What's untrustworthy about your dx7s? It's fine. You are not going to notice a big difference switching to an 8fg if any at all. If you really want to switch though, go right ahead. I just don't see a reason.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:48 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Honestly, Nick, I agree with Chad! What's untrustworthy about your dx7s? It's fine. You are not going to notice a big difference switching to an 8fg if any at all. If you really want to switch though, go right ahead. I just don't see a reason.
Yeah, It's a waste of money. Your 7s is fine Nick.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:49 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels
Joined May 2012
409 Posts
Yes I agree too. A 7s is fine. If you ever do switch it is a nice radio.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:50 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
I think the Dx6i is great.

(dons flamesuit)

Of course the 7s as well.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:59 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
163 Posts
K thx ! I think was mostly jealous. I want to try futaba tho.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:00 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels
Joined May 2012
409 Posts
Futaba is great.
Closed Thread