SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:45 AM
nforbesrc99 is offline
Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
nforbesrc99's Avatar
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
283 Posts
Decided. Getting a 8FG after a 300x. Using the 7s for BNF stuff , helis, and cheaper foamies and smaller planes that I just want to use ORANGERXes in. I really like my 7s, but I honestly think that I need something a bit more trustworthy for larger warbirds and gliders.
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:02 AM
Park_aviator is offline
Find More Posts by Park_aviator
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
howd you get all that money?
I'm not really sure... lol



Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Decided. Getting a 8FG after a 300x. Using the 7s for BNF stuff , helis, and cheaper foamies and smaller planes that I just want to use ORANGERXes in. I really like my 7s, but I honestly think that I need something a bit more trustworthy for larger warbirds and gliders.
No offense, but what's untrustworthy about your 7s? I have a friend who flew 50cc birds on a 7s... why upgrade if you don't have to? Have you had any problems with the 7s?
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:09 AM
cale10 is offline
Find More Posts by cale10
3dizzle 4 lyfe
cale10's Avatar
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
I'm not really sure... lol





No offense, but what's untrustworthy about your 7s? I have a friend who flew 50cc birds on a 7s... why upgrade if you don't have to? Have you had any problems with the 7s?
i tell you what dont get a dx6i. IT SUCKS! its deleted my models memory before but kept the name and trims? and it has glitched before.
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:11 AM
nforbesrc99 is offline
Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
nforbesrc99's Avatar
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
I'm not really sure... lol





No offense, but what's untrustworthy about your 7s? I have a friend who flew 50cc birds on a 7s... why upgrade if you don't have to? Have you had any problems with the 7s?
Well, if the 8FG has a LG sequencer than I'll most likely take it. I have also been looking at the DX18 for the LG sequencer. I want to be able to program what retract comes up first and how long the delay before the gears close is and stuff like that.
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:21 AM
Park_aviator is offline
Find More Posts by Park_aviator
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Well, if the 8FG has a LG sequencer than I'll most likely take it. I have also been looking at the DX18 for the LG sequencer. I want to be able to program what retract comes up first and how long the delay before the gears close is and stuff like that.
The 8FG doesnt have a LG Sequencer. Why get a DX18? lol. bro, just use a seperate sequencer! the DX18 is really only necesary if you're flying 3-4k models
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:48 AM
dskuro95 is offline
Find More Posts by dskuro95
Team Redwing RC
dskuro95's Avatar
United States, NJ, Blairstown
Joined May 2012
456 Posts
Even though the 8fg doesn't have a LG sequencer you can almost set it up like one. Since you have the sliders, and the dials you can set them up differently. If you want to use the sliders, make the left one bring down the back 2 gears while the right brings down the nose. Its easy to do. Also I am pretty sure you can set it so that this way they do not go down right away and you have to move a little bit through the slider before it starts to go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
The 8FG doesnt have a LG Sequencer. Why get a DX18? lol. bro, just use a seperate sequencer! the DX18 is really only necesary if you're flying 3-4k models
dskuro95 is offline Find More Posts by dskuro95
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:33 PM
nforbesrc99 is offline
Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
nforbesrc99's Avatar
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dskuro95 View Post
Even though the 8fg doesn't have a LG sequencer you can almost set it up like one. Since you have the sliders, and the dials you can set them up differently. If you want to use the sliders, make the left one bring down the back 2 gears while the right brings down the nose. Its easy to do. Also I am pretty sure you can set it so that this way they do not go down right away and you have to move a little bit through the slider before it starts to go down.
Lol I don't want to focus on sliding and flipping all that stuff when I'm trying to he altitude
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:34 PM
nforbesrc99 is offline
Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
nforbesrc99's Avatar
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
283 Posts
Hmm. Maybe I'll ask for a 8FG or just ask for cash toget a 8FG for the b-day.
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:34 PM
dskuro95 is offline
Find More Posts by dskuro95
Team Redwing RC
dskuro95's Avatar
United States, NJ, Blairstown
Joined May 2012
456 Posts
Aren't you going to have to flip a switch though?
dskuro95 is offline Find More Posts by dskuro95
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:46 PM
zmonster97 is online now
Find More Posts by zmonster97
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,017 Posts
Honestly, Nick, I agree with Chad! What's untrustworthy about your dx7s? It's fine. You are not going to notice a big difference switching to an 8fg if any at all. If you really want to switch though, go right ahead. I just don't see a reason.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:48 PM
Park_aviator is offline
Find More Posts by Park_aviator
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Honestly, Nick, I agree with Chad! What's untrustworthy about your dx7s? It's fine. You are not going to notice a big difference switching to an 8fg if any at all. If you really want to switch though, go right ahead. I just don't see a reason.
Yeah, It's a waste of money. Your 7s is fine Nick.
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:49 PM
dskuro95 is offline
Find More Posts by dskuro95
Team Redwing RC
dskuro95's Avatar
United States, NJ, Blairstown
Joined May 2012
456 Posts
Yes I agree too. A 7s is fine. If you ever do switch it is a nice radio.
dskuro95 is offline Find More Posts by dskuro95
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:50 PM
microflitedude is offline
Find More Posts by microflitedude
RCG -Minus Member
microflitedude's Avatar
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,449 Posts
I think the Dx6i is great.

(dons flamesuit)

Of course the 7s as well.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:59 PM
nforbesrc99 is offline
Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
nforbesrc99's Avatar
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
283 Posts
K thx ! I think was mostly jealous. I want to try futaba tho.
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:00 PM
dskuro95 is offline
Find More Posts by dskuro95
Team Redwing RC
dskuro95's Avatar
United States, NJ, Blairstown
Joined May 2012
456 Posts
Futaba is great.
dskuro95 is offline Find More Posts by dskuro95


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion GENERAL CHIT CHAT - advice, videos, cool stuff, new toys, reports, articles, ideas AussieJarred Dynamic Soaring 872 May 15, 2015 01:24 AM
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Mig 15 DF Owners Thread NitroCharged Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 5519 Apr 05, 2015 07:13 PM
Contest Chit Chat Thread With one Rule: You must reply to poster above you and be relevant! HoaRC Chit Chat 25 Aug 08, 2013 01:48 AM
Discussion General Chit Chat...... Keenan smith RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 38 May 28, 2012 05:03 PM