HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:34 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
DJO's Avatar
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Here's my 4th flight on my Parkzone VisionAire! I started to get a better feel for it a few batteries later, so I'll get a better video later! Watch in hd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo0wv0UfkTU
Nice!!!
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Montreal and New Hampshire 2014
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:40 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Nice!!!
Thanks!
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:41 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbySky View Post
That opteryx is looking fine. I might have to get one, I've been looking for a dlg that I can fly in my park
How big is your park? If its not surrounded by tall trees, try to get a 1.5 meter dlg. The flight performance is much better than a mini dlg.
jasonafriedman is offline Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:54 PM
license to fly!
zebtqb's Avatar
United States, NH, Bartlett
Joined Mar 2012
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonafriedman View Post
How big is your park? If its not surrounded by tall trees, try to get a 1.5 meter dlg. The flight performance is much better than a mini dlg.
+1 im getting the alula evo for sloping and just throwing around at the field
zebtqb is online now Find More Posts by zebtqb
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:56 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
cale10's Avatar
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebtqb View Post
+1 im getting the alula evo for sloping and just throwing around at the field
lol get it THROWING AROUND LOL! i see what you did there!
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:13 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,681 Posts
Or you can get a bee for sloping, they are so durable! Trees, no problem. Big boulder at 30mph, not a scratch
jasonafriedman is offline Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:19 PM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,640 Posts
Happy birthday!!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:20 PM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,640 Posts
Going to get a RC brishless sled. 50mph, wheelies
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:12 AM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Feb 2012
120 Posts
Yeah, but my park actually is completely surrounded by trees which is why that small dlg is so appealing.
NYbySky is offline Find More Posts by NYbySky
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:53 AM
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
AD.'s Avatar
London, UK
Joined Jul 2009
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbySky View Post
Yeah, but my park actually is completely surrounded by trees which is why that small dlg is so appealing.
Haven't you got a club near you?
AD. is offline Find More Posts by AD.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:04 AM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
acetech09's Avatar
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD. View Post
Haven't you got a club near you?
Bwahahahhaaaaaaaaa

AHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA

Anybody who expects an AMA-chartered club to allow you to go out onto the field and throw a plane around is absolutely nuts.


At my club, (which I don't fly at anymore, mostly for this reason), you're not allowed to step on the runway or in the field except to retrieve a crashed plane. Ever. Even if you're the only one there. I nearly got kicked out of the club for walking out onto the field to throw my radian, I was the only one flying but the grumpy old guys that come out every morning (We call 'em the Peanut Gallery) made a huge fuss over it.
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:11 AM
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
AD.'s Avatar
London, UK
Joined Jul 2009
236 Posts
Lol, I see things are quite different for you guys then.

We have a rule about not carrying transmitters onto the field when retrieving, but you can hand launch if you let the other flying know and they go up to keep you safe.
AD. is offline Find More Posts by AD.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:38 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels
dskuro95's Avatar
United States, NJ, Blairstown
Joined May 2012
411 Posts
That is crap. I have a really laid back club. We have a peanut gallery too but they encoruage me to do even more stupid crap then I already do with 3D. They are nuts but I love em. There is that certain group noone likes but they are rarely there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetech09 View Post
Bwahahahhaaaaaaaaa

AHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA

Anybody who expects an AMA-chartered club to allow you to go out onto the field and throw a plane around is absolutely nuts.


At my club, (which I don't fly at anymore, mostly for this reason), you're not allowed to step on the runway or in the field except to retrieve a crashed plane. Ever. Even if you're the only one there. I nearly got kicked out of the club for walking out onto the field to throw my radian, I was the only one flying but the grumpy old guys that come out every morning (We call 'em the Peanut Gallery) made a huge fuss over it.
dskuro95 is offline Find More Posts by dskuro95
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:06 PM
Unregistered User
helipilot23's Avatar
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
I haven't been to my feild yet. Only the meeting. I assume the people are nice because I met some at the hobby shop. Also, I'm pretty sure Chad ain't a cranky old man.
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:10 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helipilot23 View Post
I haven't been to my feild yet. Only the meeting. I assume the people are nice because I met some at the hobby shop. Also, I'm pretty sure Chad ain't a cranky old man.
I fly 3d brah
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion GENERAL CHIT CHAT - advice, videos, cool stuff, new toys, reports, articles, ideas AussieJarred Dynamic Soaring 735 Today 02:24 AM
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Mig 15 DF Owners Thread NitroCharged Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 5492 Aug 30, 2014 06:08 PM
Contest Chit Chat Thread With one Rule: You must reply to poster above you and be relevant! HoaRC Chit Chat 25 Aug 08, 2013 01:48 AM
Discussion General Chit Chat...... Keenan smith RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 38 May 28, 2012 05:03 PM