HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:57 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
nforbesrc99's Avatar
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
what was the goof up before? i cant remember.
They said it had retracts and a 2200man 3s and flaps and a 960kv brushless outrunner
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:58 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
cale10's Avatar
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
They said it had retracts and a 2200man 3s and flaps and a 960kv brushless outrunner
oh ok now i remember
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:59 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
nforbesrc99's Avatar
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
262 Posts
guys....

now im determined on one of the other...

130x or 300x?
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:01 PM
It'll be fineee...
RCgirl383's Avatar
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
pretty much done! Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358287304.303683.jpg
Views: 35
Size: 110.7 KB
Description:
RCgirl383 is offline Find More Posts by RCgirl383
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:04 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
nforbesrc99's Avatar
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
pretty much done! Attachment 5451764
Im so jealous you guys can fly 3D.... its me dream to be like joe smith or alex or cale or zmonster my parents dont like it so apparently im not allowed to do it... so i might try to learn 3D helis, but 3D planes are a no-no for me

EDIT: Just thinkin, if i were to buy a 47" Extra SHP airframe, would my Solar servos (HS65MG) an a 103 omega work? if i does, might have found my next plane
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Last edited by nforbesrc99; Jan 15, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:15 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
DJO's Avatar
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Im so jealous you guys can fly 3D.... its me dream to be like joe smith or alex or cale or zmonster my parents dont like it so apparently im not allowed to do it... so i might try to learn 3D helis, but 3D planes are a no-no for me
For one, RCGirl has a lot of other options. If you could set up a larger 3DHS plane with the *BEST* setup possible, 3D flying is EASY. She just asks her dad, and he provides which I'm not saying it's a bad thing - there are worse hobbies out there, and this one keeps you out of trouble and it's FUN... but flying 3D is tough on a budget like you and me because you can't afford all the little things...

And balsa 3D planes fly better than foam ones BTW (most of the time)

Who cares what your parents think? You think my parents like everything I do or I've bought? Nope. But it's my cash so they can't stop me

Why not just repair the 40'' EPP Edge? It shouldn't take much to get back in the air.



Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: WASP 280 Mini Quad
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:49 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
If any of you guys want to get into 3d, I think this might be the perfect plane!

http://parkzone.com/Products/Default...ProdID=PKZ6580

It is a bit expensive, but you will probably be able to get it cheaper here when they add it to their website (when you add it to your cart) and then I have a coupon code for there. If you want it pm me.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:51 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
DJO's Avatar
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,563 Posts
I saw that one. I'm pretty sure a $150 foamie can do the same thing, if not better but it is always an option.



Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: WASP 280 Mini Quad
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:55 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
I saw that one. I'm pretty sure a $150 foamie can do the same thing, if not better but it is always an option.



Dan
Yeah, I don't know. Maybe.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:58 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
DJO's Avatar
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Yeah, I don't know. Maybe.
Once some people get more reviews out we'll see how it really is.

I hope I can get out and fly tomorrow. Can't wait to get the RadJet in the air again...

And the Edge, with its longer throws now (rudder and elevator only)

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: WASP 280 Mini Quad
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:03 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Once some people get more reviews out we'll see how it really is.

I hope I can get out and fly tomorrow. Can't wait to get the RadJet in the air again...

And the Edge, with its longer throws now (rudder and elevator only)

Dan
Yeah, it looks neat but I don't think I'll buy one.

Have fun if you go fly!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, one of my club members made a couple 48" combat wings out of epp foam (he got them cut) and is going to give me one! I just need to get the electronics! Then I would have the mini popwing, assassin, and this 48" combat wing for combat!

You guys should try combat! It's so much fun!
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:05 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
Felt_ripper 23's Avatar
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
For one, RCGirl has a lot of other options. If you could set up a larger 3DHS plane with the *BEST* setup possible, 3D flying is EASY. She just asks her dad, and he provides which I'm not saying it's a bad thing - there are worse hobbies out there, and this one keeps you out of trouble and it's FUN... but flying 3D is tough on a budget like you and me because you can't afford all the little things...

And balsa 3D planes fly better than foam ones BTW (most of the time)

Who cares what your parents think? You think my parents like everything I do or I've bought? Nope. But it's my cash so they can't stop me

Why not just repair the 40'' EPP Edge? It shouldn't take much to get back in the air.



Dan
Damn Once I asked my dad for a plane...He just laughed...not the reaction I wanted

well, I least I have the right to yell: HAHAHAHAH YOU'RE SPOILED

Hah just playin around
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:05 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
DJO's Avatar
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Yeah, it looks neat but I don't think I'll buy one.

Have fun if you go fly!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, one of my club members made a couple 48" combat wings out of epp foam (he got them cut) and is going to give me one! I just need to get the electronics! Then I would have the mini popwing, assassin, and this 48" combat wing for combat!

You guys should try combat! It's so much fun!
I'll have fun, no worries on that one. However... it depends how much it snows too!

Sweet! I'd love to try combat but IDK, I'm still not a part of a club. LOL... but I met a guy that was part of a local club, down while I was flying at the school and he came there to fly his Edge QQ. Cool plane... I didn't get to see it fly, it was too windy for it. But he was impressed by how well I flew my 3DHS 41'' Edge.

Maybe I'll join a club this summer! ...or not, IDK

Eventually I want to build one of those huge CrashTestHobby flying wings... awesome



Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: WASP 280 Mini Quad
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:07 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
Felt_ripper 23's Avatar
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
If any of you guys want to get into 3d, I think this might be the perfect plane!

http://parkzone.com/Products/Default...ProdID=PKZ6580

It is a bit expensive, but you will probably be able to get it cheaper here when they add it to their website (when you add it to your cart) and then I have a coupon code for there. If you want it pm me.
Hey, Is that new? Bro, I think I just found my next plane
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:08 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
DJO's Avatar
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felt_ripper 23 View Post
Hey, Is that new? Bro, I think I just found my next plane
Like I said though... you can get a similar, same, or even better 3D foamie for 1/2 the cost of that. I'd wait for some reviews to come out...

$300 is nearly a 51'' Slick. Alex told me you can build one for $350. And that's a LOT more plane than this new ParkZone one.



Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: WASP 280 Mini Quad
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion GENERAL CHIT CHAT - advice, videos, cool stuff, new toys, reports, articles, ideas AussieJarred Dynamic Soaring 747 Oct 07, 2014 06:11 AM
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Mig 15 DF Owners Thread NitroCharged Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 5492 Aug 30, 2014 06:08 PM
Contest Chit Chat Thread With one Rule: You must reply to poster above you and be relevant! HoaRC Chit Chat 25 Aug 08, 2013 01:48 AM
Discussion General Chit Chat...... Keenan smith RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 38 May 28, 2012 05:03 PM