HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:41 AM
license to fly!
zebtqb's Avatar
United States, NH, Bartlett
Joined Mar 2012
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
I'm so unsure...whether to get the 87 or the 91...
91
zebtqb is online now Find More Posts by zebtqb
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:56 AM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
acetech09's Avatar
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,505 Posts
100.
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:12 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
nforbesrc99's Avatar
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
126" Slick in blue.

Or wait for 3DHS' new 91" Edge
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:19 PM
It'll be fineee...
RCgirl383's Avatar
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
126" Slick in blue.

Or wait for 3DHS' new 91" Edge
yes! wait for the 3dhs 91!! that thing looks awesome!!
RCgirl383 is offline Find More Posts by RCgirl383
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:26 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Jeremy Kamutzki's Avatar
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
hey guys, I have another question about monetization. i included a couple screenshots of what it looks like, but basically I have over 1000 monetizable views (I know that doesn't mean I get money) and I have $0.00 It also shows no data under the estimated earning or ad performance sections. Should it show data even if I have 0 estimated earnings? And my friend clicked on some ads for me just to see if anything would happen (I think he clicked 4 or so) and Nothing did happen.
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:14 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
DJO's Avatar
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,527 Posts
Go to "ad performance"
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Home Run Derby & Aerial Shots
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:27 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Jeremy Kamutzki's Avatar
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Go to "ad performance"
first image is of ad performance and there's no data
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:31 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
DJO's Avatar
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,527 Posts
How about Estimated Earnings? The earnings show up more on Adsense, not YouTube. Go there to see how much you've made.



Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Home Run Derby & Aerial Shots
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:50 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Jeremy Kamutzki's Avatar
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
How about Estimated Earnings? The earnings show up more on Adsense, not YouTube. Go there to see how much you've made.



Dan
not seeing anything on adsense either... should i disable monetization on my account and then re enable it and link it to my adsense?
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:53 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Jeremy Kamutzki's Avatar
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Do you guys think I should have a separate BEC for my 56" clipped wing cub that I'm planning on building? I'm thinking turnigy G32 brushless outrunner, 50-60A ESC (turnigy plush, red brick or blue series... which is better?) and a 3 or 5A UBEC. Does that sound reasonable? Oh, and a 3300 mah 4s nanotech LiPo
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:02 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
nforbesrc99's Avatar
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki View Post
Do you guys think I should have a separate BEC for my 56" clipped wing cub that I'm planning on building? I'm thinking turnigy G32 brushless outrunner, 50-60A ESC (turnigy plush, red brick or blue series... which is better?) and a 3 or 5A UBEC. Does that sound reasonable? Oh, and a 3300 mah 4s nanotech LiPo
My only question is... How many servos? If u have 4-6 servos, you should be fine with the internal BEC, and if if it has 7+ go with a separate BEC (my mustang, for example, with 11 servos!)

I recommend using the Dynam 60a
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dye-1015-60a-esc.html
Has a built in 3amp ESC and it really cheap.

With your setup (Turnigy G32, Dynam 60a ESC, 3300mah 4s (get at least 30c) USE A 12x8!!! NOT THE 14x10!!! The 14x10 is for 3s setups! You should definitely use a 60a ESC! The 50a is for a 3s setup!

I own 3 Dynam ESC's and all have has absouletly no problems whatsoever.
One 30a
One 40a
And one 50a
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:14 PM
It'll be fineee...
RCgirl383's Avatar
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki View Post
hey guys, I have another question about monetization. i included a couple screenshots of what it looks like, but basically I have over 1000 monetizable views (I know that doesn't mean I get money) and I have $0.00 It also shows no data under the estimated earning or ad performance sections. Should it show data even if I have 0 estimated earnings? And my friend clicked on some ads for me just to see if anything would happen (I think he clicked 4 or so) and Nothing did happen.
go to www.google.com/adsense and sign in. post a pic of the screen tht comes up
RCgirl383 is offline Find More Posts by RCgirl383
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:23 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
My only question is... How many servos? If u have 4-6 servos, you should be fine with the internal BEC, and if if it has 7+ go with a separate BEC (my mustang, for example, with 11 servos!)

I recommend using the Dynam 60a
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dye-1015-60a-esc.html
Has a built in 3amp ESC and it really cheap.

With your setup (Turnigy G32, Dynam 60a ESC, 3300mah 4s (get at least 30c) USE A 12x8!!! NOT THE 14x10!!! The 14x10 is for 3s setups! You should definitely use a 60a ESC! The 50a is for a 3s setup!

I own 3 Dynam ESC's and all have has absouletly no problems whatsoever.
One 30a
One 40a
And one 50a
I used that esc in a toughjet and on the ground when I moved four servos at once(little 9g ones) the bec in the esc couldn't handle and it browned out the receiver for a few seconds. When I put a separate 3a bec in the plane, that stopped. So I wouldn't recommend that esc for your plane. I wouldn't trust it.

Go for the turnigy plush 60a esc and then buy this external bec and that should work fine.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:25 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Jeremy Kamutzki's Avatar
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
go to www.google.com/adsense and sign in. post a pic of the screen tht comes up
here it is
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:30 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Jeremy Kamutzki's Avatar
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
I used that esc in a toughjet and on the ground when I moved four servos at once(little 9g ones) the bec in the esc couldn't handle and it browned out the receiver for a few seconds. When I put a separate 3a bec in the plane, that stopped. So I wouldn't recommend that esc for your plane. I wouldn't trust it.

Go for the turnigy plush 60a esc and then buy this external bec and that should work fine.
ok. thanks. I was thinking turnigy plush with an extra BEC. the one you linked looks pretty good. the 3A should be fine? and nforbesrc said a 12x8 prop... you recommended 13x6.5 I think. will the be fairly similar in current draw just the 13x6.5 will have better acceleration and the 12x8 higher top speed?
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Mig 15 DF Owners Thread NitroCharged Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 5466 Jul 21, 2014 09:25 PM
Discussion GENERAL CHIT CHAT - advice, videos, cool stuff, new toys, reports, articles, ideas AussieJarred Dynamic Soaring 722 Jul 16, 2014 11:14 PM
Contest Chit Chat Thread With one Rule: You must reply to poster above you and be relevant! HoaRC Chit Chat 25 Aug 08, 2013 01:48 AM
Discussion General Chit Chat...... Keenan smith RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 38 May 28, 2012 05:03 PM