HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:38 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
My current 3dhs planes are 33" epp extra, 42" slick, 42" vyper bype, 58" edge, and 71" slick.

I have also owned the 40" epp edge and the 48" epp extra.
Wow, nice! So obviously you probably fly at an R/C field, right? Do you have a workshop or something where you store all those big planes? Your hangar?

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: How to Choose an R/C Radio [HQ]
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:39 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
how do you like the 40 epp and the 42 slick?
I loved my 40" EPP, 41", and 42"
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:39 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Wow, nice! So obviously you probably fly at an R/C field, right? Do you have a workshop or something where you store all those big planes? Your hangar?

Dan
we ALL have hangers just some are bigger than others. i'll get pics up later if i remember too.
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:40 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:

Dan
Yeah, I fly at an rc field. And yes, I have a "hangar". It's in the basement.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:42 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
I loved my 40" EPP, 41", and 42"
I just think I don't like the epp planes when they start getting to that size. The 40" epp edge was a good flyer, I just didn't like it. I'll stick to epp in the smaller sizes.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:48 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,615 Posts
Quote:
we ALL have hangers just some are bigger than others. i'll get pics up later if i remember too.
You actually hang your planes up? I'm pretty sure that some of us don't hang all of our planes... like me!

Quote:
Yeah, I fly at an rc field. And yes, I have a "hangar". It's in the basement.
Sounds good! I just put my planes in the basement, don't hang them though. Do you?

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:56 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
You actually hang your planes up? I'm pretty sure that some of us don't hang all of our planes... like me!

Sounds good! I just put my planes in the basement, don't hang them though. Do you?

Dan
Some of my planes are on the wall, some on the ceiling, some on the floor, some on a table. Haha. So yes, I do hang some of my planes. Actually, I hang almost all of my planes.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:57 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,564 Posts
heres my hangar. and yes i fly at a flying field. anyways there's a story to my hanger. anyways awhile back my aunt gave me an rc plane that her husband didnt want so i eventually became very interested in it so my dad bought me a skyfly trainner. i then loved the hobby and got more planes. at the same time our neighbor who had a very large garage next to our property had passed away. they sold his garage and my dad bought it for his cars n stuff and i got the small side room for my planes and last week my dad hung on pullys so i can get them down almost every plane i had and i am very greatful for that but i couldnt help because i was sick. anyways thats a mini story of my hangar

heres my local flying field.
#3DHS 72 extra 2nd flight (4 min 15 sec)
as seen in my 72 extra video.

anyways heres my hanger.

incoming post about how many planes i have.
Last edited by cale10; Jan 01, 2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:01 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,687 Posts
Lucky. My hanger is like .0000000000001 times the size of that! Haha cool planes
jasonafriedman is offline Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:01 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,674 Posts
Wow pretty neat!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:02 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,564 Posts
thanks!
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:05 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,615 Posts
Quote:
Some of my planes are on the wall, some on the ceiling, some on the floor, some on a table. Haha. So yes, I do hang some of my planes. Actually, I hang almost all of my planes.
Awesome

Quote:
heres my hangar. and yes i fly at a flying field. anyways there's a story to my hanger. anyways awhile back my aunt gave me an rc plane that her husband didnt want so i eventually became very interested in it so my dad bought me a skyfly trainner. i then loved the hobby and got more planes. at the same time our neighbor who had a very large garage next to our property had passed away. they sold his garage and my dad bought it for his cars n stuff and i got the small side room for my planes and last week my dad hung on pullys so i can get them down almost every plane i had and i am very greatful for that but i couldnt help because i was sick. anyways thats a mini story of my hangar

heres my local flying field.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFaTHb15qvI as seen in my 72 extra video.

anyways heres my hanger.
So how do you afford all the planes then? That's the one question that you never answered very interested to hear how you suddenly can make $1000s... sign me up! LOL

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:10 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,564 Posts
Quote:
Awesome

So how do you afford all the planes then? That's the one question that you never answered very interested to hear how you suddenly can make $1000s... sign me up! LOL

Dan
i mowed laws this summber and bought the uproar 40 kit and the 48 edge. the 72 i paid like 300$ for and my parents helped some and im still paying it off. the rest are 30$ swap meet planes and a 60$ RTF ultra stick 40. darn good bargin if you ask me! anyways i mowed my g-pas lwan like every week for 30$ and sometimes 2 times a week and i made like 60 from my other g-pa trimming tree limbs.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:11 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,615 Posts
Quote:
i mowed laws this summber and bought the uproar 40 kit and the 48 edge. the 72 i paid like 300$ for and my parents helped some and im still paying it off. the rest are 30$ swap meet planes and a 60$ RTF ultra stick 40. darn good bargin if you ask me! anyways i mowed my g-pas lwan like every week for 30$ and sometimes 2 times a week and i made like 60 from my other g-pa trimming tree limbs.
Sounds good! That's cool that your parents helped you with the 72!

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:12 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,564 Posts
Quote:
Sounds good! That's cool that your parents helped you with the 72!

Dan
yeah and still somewhat paying it off by working around the house. i assume not many of you guys have to cut firewood for heat do you? IT SUCKS!
Closed Thread