Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:48 AM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
3dhs
Huh. weird stuff from 3DHS
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:16 AM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
160 Posts
AHHH! After I go flying, I have to take a practice SAT cuz I'm taking the SAT this month... argh....

I qualified for the Duke TIPs program.

And yea, I'm 13.

But I DON'T WANNA DO IT! I have to be in a room full of HS seniors at a school I don't even go to this is gonna suckkkkk :/
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:15 AM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felt_ripper 23 View Post
Huh. weird stuff from 3DHS
I'm almost positive that it's both of our setups. Nick, if I were you... it's probably not a good idea to sell all that stuff already. How bad is the crash damage?

My issue was the 1300 mAH 3S 20C pack that I used in my Edge. In the future, if I ever build another 3DHS plane, I have to remember to use the recommended battery. In that case, it was a 1800-2200 mAH 3S 30C+. I had to put weight in the front and I'm pretty sure that ruined it's performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
AHHH! After I go flying, I have to take a practice SAT cuz I'm taking the SAT this month... argh....

I qualified for the Duke TIPs program.

And yea, I'm 13.

But I DON'T WANNA DO IT! I have to be in a room full of HS seniors at a school I don't even go to this is gonna suckkkkk :/
Focus on flying first Have fun!

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Montreal and New Hampshire 2014
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:25 AM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,681 Posts
new video, its my first plane i had with my go pro.
..waiting for upload
jasonafriedman is offline Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:10 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,544 Posts
Sounds great!

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:27 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,003 Posts
So Dan, what plane(s) do you have now?
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:31 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,544 Posts
I have the Pelican to fly, and the RadJet on order.

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:33 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,003 Posts
Are those going to be your two flyers, or are you going to buy more?
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:35 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,544 Posts
Well first I'll need to sell more stuff. Yeah eventually I'll buy more. I also have those DLGs which will be shipped out at some point.

Why, any suggestions?

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Well first I'll need to sell more stuff. Yeah eventually I'll buy more. I also have those DLGs which will be shipped out at some point.

Why, any suggestions?

Dan
If I were you, I would take advantage that you're gonna get a surge of cash from your FPV stuff, and use the opportunity to get something big and nice. Maybe something from 3DHS?

BTW, is the precision aerobatics stuff good? I've heard the Addiction x Is an awsome 3D'er
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Gonna do some full size flying on Xplane 9 I gotta practice for when I fly my grandpas full size Piper Malibu again
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:45 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felt_ripper 23 View Post
If I were you, I would take advantage that you're gonna get a surge of cash from your FPV stuff, and use the opportunity to get something big and nice. Maybe something from 3DHS?

BTW, is the precision aerobatics stuff good? I've heard the Addiction x Is an awsome 3D'er
Something "big and nice" isn't good for me. Why? I don't fly at a field (baseball fields only, no takeoff strip). Not to mention that it would be dangerous flying something large at those fields

I'm just going to save it up and when I feel like it, buy something. I'm going to need some Deans connectors probably, and later on I want to also build a 500 sized heli, or maybe a 450.

I'd rather spend the money on lots of cheap foamies instead of one huge project.

Oh and PA stuff sucks from what I've heard. Very, very fragile.

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Something "big and nice" isn't good for me. Why? I don't fly at a field (baseball fields only, no takeoff strip). Not to mention that it would be dangerous flying something large at those fields

I'm just going to save it up and when I feel like it, buy something. I'm going to need some Deans connectors probably, and later on I want to also build a 500 sized heli, or maybe a 450.

I'd rather spend the money on lots of cheap foamies instead of one huge project.

Oh and PA stuff sucks from what I've heard. Very, very fragile.

Dan
Oh, thats true. On the other hand it is kind of cool to have a big fleet to brag about

Too bad about the PA stuff
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:49 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,544 Posts
Eventually, I do want to build something larger. Probably something from CrashTestHobby, like the Grim Reaper, those are nice and big, as well as relatively cheap and definitely durable!

I'm going to get like $50 from the DX5e, $60 from some of the 41'' Edge parts that I'm selling, $200 from the rest of the FPV gear, $100 from YouTube, and $50 for my birthday. In total that's $460, and that should last me through the summer, too!

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Eventually, I do want to build something larger. Probably something from CrashTestHobby, like the Grim Reaper, those are nice and big, as well as relatively cheap and definitely durable!

I'm going to get like $50 from the DX5e, $60 from some of the 41'' Edge parts that I'm selling, $200 from the rest of the FPV gear, $100 from YouTube, and $50 for my birthday. In total that's $460, and that should last me through the summer, too!

Dan
100 from youtube
Closed Thread