HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:55 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
223 Posts
Dan, I still think you should get the DX6i or a 7s.

And guys, should I buy RF 6.5? I have the money, I'm just wondering what you guys think. It would be fun to fly with you guys.
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:57 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post

And guys, should I buy RF 6.5? I have the money, I'm just wondering what you guys think. It would be fun to fly with you guys.
do it. i just got mine for 130 with 2 30$ gift cards from tower hobbies plus the 20$ mail in rebate i have yet to send in.
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:58 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:

I agree
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:03 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
Quote:

Yeah I might take up that $205 DX7s deal
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Montreal and New Hampshire 2014
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:13 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
Quote:

It really helps with practice.
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:22 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
I need to build a pop wing to throw in the car for after school.
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:30 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
Yes you do
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:53 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
You know what, I don't want to even pay $200 on a radio. Too many functions that ill never use. Seriously, I've been using the DX4e and DX5e for almost a year now and never needed any additional functions!

Just going to get the FlySky 9X. RXs are $11, the unit itself is $80. If I sell the DX5e for $60 then I'm really only paying $20 for all the added stuff it has

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
You know what, I don't want to even pay $200 on a radio. Too many functions that ill never use. Seriously, I've been using the DX4e and DX5e for almost a year now and never needed any additional functions!

Just going to get the FlySky 9X. RXs are $11, the unit itself is $80. If I sell the DX5e for $60 then I'm really only paying $20 for all the added stuff it has

Dan
Actually, the DX6i has no useless functions I can think of. It has all the stuff you will need, nothing you don't. You realize you wont be able to get into serious aerobatic flying or a plane with many functions without at least a DX6i, right? Also, with a DX5e, you cant do dualailerons. Only a y lead ailerons
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:59 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felt_ripper 23 View Post
Actually, the DX6i has no useless functions I can think of. It has all the stuff you will need, nothing you don't. You realize you wont be able to get into serious aerobatic flying or a plane with many functions without at least a DX6i, right? Also, with a DX5e, you cant do dualailerons. Only a y lead ailerons
Umm I just never used the DX6i's functions... and I already told you that I personally don't want to have another DX6i. My mom would recognize it right away and start asking questions as it is.

Ummm, with the 9X I'll have all the functions I need. And I already have done 3D with the DX5e... you do notice that "serious aerobatic flying" means no expo or dual rates. LOL

And I'm not going to continue using the DX5e anyways...

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:16 PM
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Umm I just never used the DX6i's functions... and I already told you that I personally don't want to have another DX6i. My mom would recognize it right away and start asking questions as it is.

Ummm, with the 9X I'll have all the functions I need. And I already have done 3D with the DX5e... you do notice that "serious aerobatic flying" means no expo or dual rates. LOL

Dan
Ok, ok....
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:18 PM
Agressive driver
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2011
1,201 Posts
Quote:

Dan
Yeah. I can see where you are comming from. But I tend to do a broader range of stuff so I use alot of the functions of the dx6i and dx7s
zanek is offline Find More Posts by zanek
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:19 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
LOL... I know that there are lots of people that are happy with their DX6i's but I guess I'm just weird like that Looks like the 9X might be off the list too - it takes 8AAs... talk about a heavy radio, dang I like 4AAs!

Alright... so the DX6i is back on the list. If my mom asks, I'll tell her it's the newer version or something... and then confuse her with the difference between DSM2 and DSMX... and then she'll forget about it... LOL

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Apr 2010
74 Posts
Quote:
LOL... I know that there are lots of people that are happy with their DX6i's but I guess I'm just weird like that Looks like the 9X might be off the list too - it takes 8AAs... talk about a heavy radio, dang I like 4AAs!

Alright... so the DX6i is back on the list. If my mom asks, I'll tell her it's the newer version or something... and then confuse her with the difference between DSM2 and DSMX... and then she'll forget about it... LOL

Dan
I think its worth the investment
Jaryd107 is offline Find More Posts by Jaryd107
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:22 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
I personally like to buy new or NIB. So, that's like $150. Minus $50 for the DX5e. So I'm really only paying $100 for the DX6i... hmm

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread