HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:14 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,681 Posts
Best storage place for rc planes: under your bed. So far i have a funjet and a bee sloping wing. Plus a plane box
jasonafriedman is online now Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:17 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonafriedman View Post
Best storage place for rc planes: under your bed. So far i have a funjet and a bee sloping wing. Plus a plane box
My bed is too low... I have my 40" EPP hanging in my room though.... Rest are residing in the garage...
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:20 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,507 Posts
I hang mine from the walls and ceiling of my workshop room. Any storage location lower than 4 feet of the ground and the kitten would gladly tear the planes up. She loves Depron and Solarfilm.
acetech09 is online now Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:23 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,681 Posts
Workshop? Nice. I have 2 in storage under stairs, one hanging in the garage, and one on wooden dowels in my room: safest place for my nicest and most fragile dlg
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:44 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,017 Posts
Quote:
Workshop? Nice. I have 2 in storage under stairs, one hanging in the garage, and one on wooden dowels in my room: safest place for my nicest and most fragile dlg
That's a good idea! I'm going to put some under the stairs!
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:48 PM
license to fly!
United States, NH, Bartlett
Joined Mar 2012
277 Posts
i just have planes everywhere i made a PVC pipe plane rack in the basement that can hold 5 planes and then i have all my micros and small foamys in my room haha.
zebtqb is offline Find More Posts by zebtqb
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:37 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,681 Posts
Im thinking of getting on of those cool racks that holds 3 planes and it sits on the ground. I can put it on my shelf and hold a bunch there. Maybe i can just out them in a trash compactor, then i can fit them all in a shoebox
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:57 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
851 Posts
Quote:
Im thinking of getting on of those cool racks that holds 3 planes and it sits on the ground. I can put it on my shelf and hold a bunch there. Maybe i can just out them in a trash compactor, then i can fit them all in a shoebox
If you are going to proactive rapid disassembly by compression it is more effective to do it when combining it with rapid de acceleration and some aid from this object called the ground. All my planes reside in the garage. But I spend that much time in there that you might as well call it my bedroom. I've got that many wings that they fill up a packing box in the corner the fuses hang from the bearers by loops of strings around the prop or tail with the loop nailed up and the wings sit in the box. I just finished clearing the shed out and replacing it. I can actually scratch my ass with out having to move something now
scrub monkey is online now Find More Posts by scrub monkey
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:02 AM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,681 Posts
Haha. The thing is my garage is already full, there is literally nowhere accesable to store planes. There are bikes hanging up, ladders, and shelves. Plus lipos hate cold.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:15 AM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
851 Posts
I found in Aldis (dunno if you have it ore there) a DVD case. Had like two racks of cloth pockets for the disks. About 30 seconds with my knife had the middle bar out and a perfect tx and lipo case. Also put in the canopy for the glider, sunglasses and packing tape (never go to the field with out it)
scrub monkey is online now Find More Posts by scrub monkey
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:44 AM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,681 Posts
Sounds really ghetto but useful.
What video editing software dou you guys use. I use imove now, but it is too limited in adjusting the picture. Im looking at final cut, but its crazy expensive. Same thing with twixtor. :/ are there alternatives that are "free".
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:20 AM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,544 Posts
Quote:
Sounds really ghetto but useful.
What video editing software dou you guys use. I use imove now, but it is too limited in adjusting the picture. Im looking at final cut, but its crazy expensive. Same thing with twixtor. :/ are there alternatives that are "free".
LOL FCPX isn't needed unless you make insane edits. I use Windows Movie Maker and VideoPad Editing Software - both easy to use. Never used anything but those two.

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Montreal and New Hampshire 2014
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:39 AM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,479 Posts
Quote:
if i remember i'll take a picture of my awesome workshop and hangers tonight.
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:15 AM
It'll be fineee...
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki View Post
Hey dan, I just had a couple questions about youtube monetization if you don't mind answering them.

1st: when you first started, how long did it take you to start making money and how many views/day or month did you have?

2nd: how do you get so many views on your videos? I noticed episode 55 i believe has 325 views and it was uploaded 2 days ago. Is this just because of your large number of subscribers or do you advertise your videos somewhere?

I know that I won't make a ton with monetization, but I'm just wondering about how long it takes money to show up. I get around 50 views/day by the way.
Once you get a video with 17 million views you'll be be getting at least $100 a day
RCgirl383 is offline Find More Posts by RCgirl383
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:54 AM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,507 Posts
Wow.

A few days after the shooting in CT, a student at my high school posted something on facebook, best described as a gun threat. I didn't see it myself, but it was pretty passionate and honored a picture of the shooter.

Somebody reported the post, the student got suspended and now there's a serious police presence at our school.
acetech09 is online now Find More Posts by acetech09
Closed Thread