HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:57 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Hey dan, I just had a couple questions about youtube monetization if you don't mind answering them.

1st: when you first started, how long did it take you to start making money and how many views/day or month did you have?

2nd: how do you get so many views on your videos? I noticed episode 55 i believe has 325 views and it was uploaded 2 days ago. Is this just because of your large number of subscribers or do you advertise your videos somewhere?

I know that I won't make a ton with monetization, but I'm just wondering about how long it takes money to show up. I get around 50 views/day by the way.
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:20 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki View Post
Hey dan, I just had a couple questions about youtube monetization if you don't mind answering them.

1st: when you first started, how long did it take you to start making money and how many views/day or month did you have?

2nd: how do you get so many views on your videos? I noticed episode 55 i believe has 325 views and it was uploaded 2 days ago. Is this just because of your large number of subscribers or do you advertise your videos somewhere?

I know that I won't make a ton with monetization, but I'm just wondering about how long it takes money to show up. I get around 50 views/day by the way.
1. It took a few months before I was getting a solid 20 cents a day and that turned into a pattern too. I don't think I was getting more than 50-100 views per day. At some points it was like 5 cents a day, with around 20-60 views/day.

***BUT REMEMBER that I'm also monetizing my website - https://sites.google.com/site/djoproductionsrc/ - so about 20% of my profits on Adsense come from there too***

2. Episode 55 went viral and surprised me too, with the nearly 400 views in a day or two. That's because I advertise my videos here right on RCG. Because I'm a Plus member, my blog posts show up on the front page. That channels views right to my blog and videos. I also made a thread here for fun: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1790016, and that became an RCG Hot Thread in only a little while, which also promoted my video a LOT.

Episode 55 is a very rare and hard to come by case. I've maxed out at about 100 views on a single video per day, 300+ is crazy on my channel. But because I got lucky and got tons of views through RCG, they all racked up *VERY* quickly.

But remember, I've been making almost daily episodes and videos since the beginning of February. So with over 300 videos, it's not that hard to hit 1 view per video per day so get lots of good content out there. My best, most successful video (now getting close to 10,000 views I believe), was my full review on the Turnigy 1/16 buggy from HK. It was formal and spread quickly throughout YouTube because tons of people wanted to buy it at the time, and tons still too.

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Home Run Derby & Aerial Shots
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:21 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Midterm.
Ok, but it's still pretty early for midterms, isn't it? My midterms aren't until near the end of January.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:22 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Ok, but it's still pretty early for midterms, isn't it? My midterms aren't until near the end of January.
i took a "quarterly assesment" today in english.
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:22 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Ours are before our break...
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:24 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
1. It took a few months before I was getting a solid 20 cents a day and that turned into a pattern too. I don't think I was getting more than 50-100 views per day. At some points it was like 5 cents a day, with around 20-60 views/day.

***BUT REMEMBER that I'm also monetizing my website - https://sites.google.com/site/djoproductionsrc/ - so about 20% of my profits on Adsense come from there too***

2. Episode 55 went viral and surprised me too, with the nearly 400 views in a day or two. That's because I advertise my videos here right on RCG. Because I'm a Plus member, my blog posts show up on the front page. That channels views right to my blog and videos. I also made a thread here for fun: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1790016, and that became an RCG Hot Thread in only a little while, which also promoted my video a LOT.

Episode 55 is a very rare and hard to come by case. I've maxed out at about 100 views on a single video per day, 300+ is crazy on my channel. But because I got lucky and got tons of views through RCG, they all racked up *VERY* quickly.

But remember, I've been making almost daily episodes and videos since the beginning of February. So with over 300 videos, it's not that hard to hit 1 view per video per day so get lots of good content out there. My best, most successful video (now getting close to 10,000 views I believe), was my full review on the Turnigy 1/16 buggy from HK. It was formal and spread quickly throughout YouTube because tons of people wanted to buy it at the time, and tons still too.

Dan
ok. thanks very much! I was just thinking yesterday about what kind of videos would get me the most views so i looked through my videos and the one with most views was my review of an onyx 200 charger, so I decided i'll do a review on my MERV, rustler and a few other things because obviously they're hot ticket items.
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:34 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
Anybody interested in an HPI blitz?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1789966
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:35 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,012 Posts
Just got my script for our Musical... so... many... lines.... to... memorize...
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:08 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
New vid!
RC Compilation (4 min 14 sec)

nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:12 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
I subscribed to your channel Nick.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:24 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,531 Posts
Cool music... and planes

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:05 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Cool music... and planes

Dan
Is that meteor fast enough for you? he has a 70mm aluminum fan (because one time his motor got so hot it melted the plastic fan and crashed his plane and he lost it waaaaayyy out in the woods) and a 4400 mah 6s 45-90c lipo we clocked it at 120 downwind at a approximate 10 degree dive we are guessing about 95 straight and level

But thanks lol I used my iPad to edit it so it wasn't that good...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:07 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
I subscribed to your channel Nick.
Subbed back

I'm almost at 20 subs I'm at 18 now!
When I get to 20 ill make a thank you up edit
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:11 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Is that meteor fast enough for you? he has a 70mm aluminum fan (because one time his motor got so hot it melted the plastic fan and crashed his plane and he lost it waaaaayyy out in the woods) and a 4400 mah 6s 45-90c lipo we clocked it at 120 downwind at a approximate 10 degree dive we are guessing about 95 straight and level

But thanks lol I used my iPad to edit it so it wasn't that good...
Sounds good. Just watched a video the other day of a Ritewing Demon at nearly 190 MPH. Clocked at 189 MPH straight and level. 2 minute flight times... LOL. 2 minutes burns out like 5000 mAH of 7S Li-Po

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:43 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
subbed to you!