HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:58 PM
It'll be fineee...
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Nice Shelby. Is that a GT500? I drive an Audi A8L.
Yup, GT500
RCgirl383 is offline Find More Posts by RCgirl383
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:10 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
Yup, GT500
Nice! I'm thinking of selling the A8L and getting myself an M3.
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:03 PM
It'll be fineee...
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Nice! I'm thinking of selling the A8L and getting myself an M3.
Sweeet
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:44 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,672 Posts
I was out at the field today, flying my 51" Slick. Someone in a grey Tahoe pulls in and didn't think much of it, becuase people come in and out a lot.
I take off, do my thing, and then harrier land, and someone shouts "Is that an 8ch Futaba?!"
It was my flight instructor! I have never flown with him except my first flight, when I had an old 4ch Tactic Radio FM and a Hobbico Superstar EP.
The reason he had said "Is that an 8ch Futaba?" is because I had sent him an email telling him about my 51 Slick, etc.
Point of story: last time he had seen my fly was my first flight, August of 2011, and he had to land the plane.
Now he pulls by and sees my doing rolling harriers 5 ft off the deck and hovering a yard from my face
It sounds lame, I know, but it was just really cool for me.
He is a VERY avid modeler. He has a whole separate HUGE SHED for building, storing and fling indoor micro's
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:18 PM
It'll be fineee...
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
I was out at the field today, flying my 51" Slick. Someone in a grey Tahoe pulls in and didn't think much of it, becuase people come in and out a lot.
I take off, do my thing, and then harrier land, and someone shouts "Is that an 8ch Futaba?!"
It was my flight instructor! I have never flown with him except my first flight, when I had an old 4ch Tactic Radio FM and a Hobbico Superstar EP.
The reason he had said "Is that an 8ch Futaba?" is because I had sent him an email telling him about my 51 Slick, etc.
Point of story: last time he had seen my fly was my first flight, August of 2011, and he had to land the plane.
Now he pulls by and sees my doing rolling harriers 5 ft off the deck and hovering a yard from my face
He is a VERY avid modeler. He has a whole separate HUGE SHED for building, storing and fling indoor micro's
Awesome
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:32 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Just got the parts cut out for my EPP Edge 540T! looks like it's gonna be a good plane!
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:34 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
cool!

just a question. Did most of you guys learn to fly with instructors and a buddy box? cause I started out with a trainer one pusher foamie and just took it to a soccer field and let it rip. I had no previous experience whatsoever, so It needed quite a bit of hot glue after 5 or so short flights, but that's the great thing about foam! you can glue it!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:38 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
I taught myself how to fly with a Parkzone slo-v.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:41 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
I taught myself how to fly with a Parkzone slo-v.
cool. are you part of a club now or do you just fly at a soccer field or something? cause thats what i do. Would you guys recommend joining a club?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:44 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,429 Posts
I learned the hard way. It was... hard.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:54 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki View Post
cool!

just a question. Did most of you guys learn to fly with instructors and a buddy box? cause I started out with a trainer one pusher foamie and just took it to a soccer field and let it rip. I had no previous experience whatsoever, so It needed quite a bit of hot glue after 5 or so short flights, but that's the great thing about foam! you can glue it!
I had one flight with a buddy box and thats it.
Just one minor crash, new $25 fues and I was back up!
Lottsa sim time!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,672 Posts
Just a nice leisure flight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Tpuh5-neWuA
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:27 PM
It'll be fineee...
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
I tought myself to fly with the hobbyzone super cub. No instructor required lol
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:33 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki View Post
cool!

I also taught myself how to fly with the simulator, a jet, and a Tuff Trainer from HK

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: WASP 280 Mini Quad
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:18 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
264 Posts
The stuff came from the AMA.... I'm a little disappointed... They sent me some 4ch FM hitec zebra radio with 3 servos, a RX pack thing, a RX and realflight basic... I already have realflight basic LOL and the radio won't be doing me any good... I have a DX7s... Well... I can sell the radio, servos and RX pack for 50 bucks and RF basic for 100... At least ill be closer to getting the epp extra.
nforbesrc99 is online now Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Closed Thread