HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:10 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,556 Posts
I can measure resistance in Ohms with my multimeter too.... should I test it out? Never measured resistance before...

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Montreal and New Hampshire 2014
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:04 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,411 Posts
Quote:
I can measure resistance in Ohms with my multimeter too.... should I test it out?
Sigh... No. Not unless you know exactly what you're doing, and precisely what to look for, without someone (me) having to explain it step by step. The more you mess with it, the more likely it is that you'll inadvertently damage it. Just leave it alone until you have a motor to run with it. In all likelihood the thing works just fine. It's not like you were flashing firmware and replacing FETs; all you did was add new leads to the board. Worse case, you go back and redo a joint and it's all better.

Find something else to busy yourself with, Grasshopper
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:06 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,556 Posts
Well I caught a thermal on the simulator so that'll keep me busy for the next 2 hours...

Thanks!

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:34 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
Sigh... No. Not unless you know exactly what you're doing, and precisely what to look for, without someone (me) having to explain it step by step. The more you mess with it, the more likely it is that you'll inadvertently damage it. Just leave it alone until you have a motor to run with it. In all likelihood the thing works just fine. It's not like you were flashing firmware and replacing FETs; all you did was add new leads to the board. Worse case, you go back and redo a joint and it's all better.

Find something else to busy yourself with, Grasshopper
So when did you move to AK?
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:21 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
238 Posts
My mSR is awesome!!!! It so fast once I get it going!!!!!!! I can already hover nose in and out, fly forward, and fly in circuits!!!! mcpx is coming up next!!! I'm still stayin mainly in planes. But I love my mSR!!!
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:22 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,411 Posts
I left on the 28th and landed a little after midnight (local time) on the 29th. Been here about 2.5 weeks already It's crazy; doesn't feel like that long.

College is fun
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:22 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
My mSR is awesome!!!! It so fast once I get it going!!!!!!! I can already hover nose in and out, fly forward, and fly in circuits!!!! mcpx is coming up next!!! I'm still stayin mainly in planes. But I love my mSR!!!
Sounds good. But believe me that thing will be sloooooooooooow once you get an mCPX in high rates...

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:23 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
238 Posts
I got it at the LHS swap meet 25 bucks, with the heli, charger, 2 lipos and extra blades, landing skids and other stuff!!!! Best deal ever!!!!! I'm gonna get a scale body kit for it.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:28 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
I left on the 28th and landed a little after midnight (local time) on the 29th. Been here about 2.5 weeks already It's crazy; doesn't feel like that long.

College is fun
Ok... Let's get on to what matters... How are the ladies?
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:23 AM
USA, CA, Livermore
Joined May 2010
439 Posts
@%*@!#%@%@@%@3 GAH!

Im super nervous for today. I'm taking my driving test!!!!!!!

Wish me luck!

PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARK_AVIATOR!
RCSwitz18 is offline Find More Posts by RCSwitz18
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:32 AM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
238 Posts
Oh yeah!! Happy bday!!!!!!!! Park_Aviator!!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:54 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,556 Posts

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:00 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
861 Posts
Happy bday park aviator.
scrub monkey is offline Find More Posts by scrub monkey
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:30 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Sounds great! Have fun!

Just got this all soldered up for the PopWing coming in the mail tomorrow... just needs to be soldered to the motor. Not sure if it works though, it's a year old and from my SkyFun jet (first plane ever ). I completely ripped apart the shrink wrap, soldered on new motor connectors, as well as a completely new Deans lead, and a new, longer receiver connector (servo plug) lead also. So it's basically all new...

Electrical tape over everything except for the heat sink. It was covered by heat shrink to start with, but I think that it will cool down better without anything covering it.

Result came out pretty good IMO! How can I test if it works without hooking a motor up to it (no spare motors around right now)?

Most likely won't be getting my LHS to put bullets on this... just going to directly solder it to the motor. Much easier. Plus I don't have any bullets lying around, and I still don't know how to solder them LOL

Dan
soldering bullets is super easy. just watch this video. Also, the ESC looks nice.

How to Solder Bullet Connectors to Brushless Motors and ESC (8 min 15 sec)
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:32 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
So does anyone want a CHEAP 450 brushless carbon fiber clone??!?!?!
$120 shipped, it could be yours!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1732559
ooh, really interested, but A: I'd probably crash it right away and B: I've spent enough money recently. too bad.
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Closed Thread