Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:02 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels
United States, NJ, Blairstown
Joined May 2012
408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
I just emailed them
Ok...but write me up a 500 word "review" on somthing you have.
Lets see it
ok will do.
dskuro95 is online now Find More Posts by dskuro95
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:35 PM
It'll be fineee...
Joined May 2012
907 Posts
My new 72" extra got here the other day!
RCgirl383 is offline Find More Posts by RCgirl383
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:19 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,531 Posts
First video is UP! Camera unboxing video will be up later!

Hitec Laser 4 Channel 72mHZ TX Unboxing (10 min 49 sec)

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Home Run Derby & Aerial Shots
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:20 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels
Joined May 2012
408 Posts
70 aj slick review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskuro95 View Post
ok will do.
Here is my first review ever:

70” AJ Slick Fantasy Blue Scheme

3D Hobby Shop emerged only 5 years ago. A few years ago they designed the 70” AJ Slick. It was built up with Fantasy Blue Scheme. Considering the plane is only a 70” wingspan it looks like a 35% airplane in the air. The 70” AJ has a unusual landing approach. The plane is so floaty that you have to land with a little power on and down elevator to make it touch down. However, the floatiness of this plane makes it very 3D capable and harriers a breeze. The plane is made up of balsa, plywood, and has carbon fiber reinforcements. The cowl to airplane is colored the same to match the ultracote and line up of the cowl color to fuselage color is a perfect match. This plane can come gas powered with a 30cc engine of your choosing or you can put an electric motor into it.

SETUP
I set my 70” AJ Slick with the electric setup. I put a Hacker A50-12L with a Castle Creations HV85 AMP speed control. As an IBEC I am currently using a Castle Creations 5AMP for just the right voltage going through my awesome servos for flight. For servos I am using Hi-Tec Hs-7985MG. For a battery pack I am using a 6S 5000 mah 35c pack. For a receiver I have a Futaba R6008HS 8-channel receiver. With this setup my Hacker is spinning a 19x8 APC prop.

MAIDEN FLIGHT
I brought the AJ Slick to the field the day after setup. It was a breezy day with beautiful color in the sky! My dad usually maidens the birds, however he did not come to the field this day and I now fly better then he does. I took off only giving the plane 2 clicks of trim to the right and 2 clicks up. My rudder was perfect! The plane has just enough power to pull unlimited vertical. Considering the 3D flyer I am I starting to do blenders Knife edge spins and pop tops. This plane handles everything without any correction! I began doing 10” knife edges. I just fell in love with this plane. When I fly I typically set up my own throws. For this plane my low rates were probably the high rates recommended. Luckily, I use enough expo it did not matter! My high rates were just about 90 degrees. Overall this is the best flying airplane in its class I have ever flown!
Pilot Debrief: Plane is smooth, agile, capability of flying low and slow. Landing is easier then a trainer. Hovers better then any plane I have ever flown!
Stalling: This plane will not stall! I had to chop the throttle and I had the ability to do a lap with no throttle at all. When the plane does stall and snap the planes very slightly dips to the right wing. Even with no power you can correct that with left aileron trim and harrier it land it no problem.

Flight 2:
On my second flight I was practicing harriers. I had an oops and bounced the landing gear really hard on the ground. I checked for cracks and stress marks, but nothing to be found. This is why you got to love Carbon Fiber Landing gear. On my next harrier approach I glided the tail wheel along the entire runway with no issue what so ever. You cannot have a more durable plane then this one right here.

Highlights of this beast: Carbon Fiber Landing Gear, Tail Wheel Strut, Wing Bags(with wing tube holder), UltraCote finish, Tires big enough to have wheel pants on a grassy, pothole filled runway!

Equipment Used: Hacker A50-12L, Castle Creations HV85 AMP ESC, Castle Creations 5AMP IBEC, 4x Hi-Tec Hs7985MG, Turnigy 6S 5000mah 35C Battery pack, Futaba R6008HS 8-channel receiver, Futaba 9CAP Super with 2.4 module conversion.

Specs:
Component weight in grams / oz
Bare fuselage 767 / 26.4
Hatch 190 / 6.6
Cowl 142 / 4.9
rudder 70 / 2.4
Wing tube 54 / 1.9
Hstab+elev+joiner 193 / 6.7
Wheel pant 35 / 1.2
Carbon main gear 86 / 3.0
Wing, hinged w/ aileron 390 / 13.4
Tailwheel assembly 23 / 0.8

Model:70” AJ Slick (Electric)
Manufacturer: 3dhobbyshop
Distributor:3dhobbyshop.com ; Extreme R/C
Type: Mid-Wing
Wingspan: 70"
Length: 70"
Wing Area: 1012 Sq. Inches
Weight: 9.5-10.5 lbs.
Price: $439.00
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:43 PM
Do Work
United States, NY
Joined Apr 2012
29 Posts
Hey guys, im startin to build my first plane. Its gonna be a delta wing prob around 30in or so. Do you guys know of a good motor, esc, prop, servos, and battery???
sammmo00 is offline Find More Posts by sammmo00
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:03 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dskuro95 View Post
Here is my first review ever:
I like it! The editors are looking for more "fluff" and the latest plane. (But of course, the one you just wrote was an example.
They acutally want a 1500 word review.
I don't think it would be accepted though, it is just a little too "facty" and "choppy"

An example I just made (not made by you):

There is a fiberglass cowl. It is made of (constructed) of balsa and ply with carbon intertwined. It is floaty.

It wasn't nearly as bad as I just showed, but I just was trying to explain my point; if that makes any sense?
We'll wait for the English teacher (CH410:P) to pitch in
Alex Schauer is online now Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:04 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Joined Feb 2011
4,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammmo00 View Post
Hey guys, im startin to build my first plane. Its gonna be a delta wing prob around 30in or so. Do you guys know of a good motor, esc, prop, servos, and battery???
Is it scratchbuild?
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:07 PM
Do Work
United States, NY
Joined Apr 2012
29 Posts
Yuppp
sammmo00 is offline Find More Posts by sammmo00
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:08 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels
Joined May 2012
408 Posts
Quote:
I like it! The editors are looking for more "fluff" and the latest plane. (But of course, the one you just wrote was an example.
They acutally want a 1500 word review.
I don't think it would be accepted though, it is just a little too "facty" and "choppy"

An example I just made (not made by you):

There is a fiberglass cowl. It is made of (constructed) of balsa and ply with carbon intertwined. It is floaty.

It wasn't nearly as bad as I just showed, but I just was trying to explain my point; if that makes any sense?
We'll wait for the English teacher (CH410:P) to pitch in
Overall you think it is pretty good though???
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:08 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Joined Feb 2011
4,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammmo00 View Post
Yuppp
I'd go with the Turnigy 2830 1100
30A ESC
10x3.8 prop
700-1000MAH 3S battery
Towerpro 9G MG servos
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:27 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Joined Feb 2011
4,548 Posts
Blue: I'm now teaching him how to fly
Green: Blue's SISTER, aka my new GF
That camera sucks....it distorts everything
Last edited by Alex Schauer; Sep 07, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:51 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Blue: I'm now teaching him how to fly
Green: Blue's brother, aka my new GF
That camera sucks....it distorts everything
You mean blue's sister?
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:52 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Joined Feb 2011
4,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki View Post
You mean blue's sister?
$#!% Yes..my bad
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:03 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Yeah, it'd be weird if you were dating his brother...

microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:06 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
Joined Feb 2011
4,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
My new 72" extra got here the other day!
SWEET!!
Red/blue?
Yellow/blue?
Closed Thread