Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:55 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki View Post
Hey, djo neat stuff! Did u say in the video you have a YouTube channel? What is it?

And do you guys know if there's any rc events in Canada?
Thanks!

LOL how would I have a YouTube video without a YouTube channel?

Just slammed 33,333 total video views!!!!!

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/RCDJO

There is a little controversy over if that system is *completely* legal for non-HAM peoples (like me ) but I suspect that it's perfectly fine. Heck, some people use 910 mHZ on 1000 mw without HAM licenses! I'm still researching and I've also EMailed Trappy to see what he has to say.

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Home Run Derby & Aerial Shots
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:58 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
lol, I kinda forgot about that ok. cool.
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:07 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,372 Posts
Ok, hold the show... Damn.

That Nano CP X looks like the first heli in a long, long time that I've seriously considered grabbing. Anyone know if I'd be able to fly the BNF version with my stock mCX transmitter? I notice that the RTF comes with a DX4e, so I suppose the mixing must all be accomplished at the heli. It'd be a little rough flying it with zero transmitter programmability other than dual rates, but it can't be all that bad. Range wouldn't be a problem, obviously.

Micro helis have some so far since I left that game... We were still on NiMH batteries back then.

I feel like I'm on the verge of becoming an extremely fiscally irresponsible college student... But on the other hand, I have a hell of a lot of downtime and a rather large dorm. I need something to keep my flying muscles sharp while I'm here and that looks like exactly the thing for the job.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:10 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Thanks!

LOL how would I have a YouTube video without a YouTube channel?

Just slammed 33,333 total video views!!!!!

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/RCDJO

There is a little controversy over if that system is *completely* legal for non-HAM peoples (like me ) but I suspect that it's perfectly fine. Heck, some people use 910 mHZ on 1000 mw without HAM licenses! I'm still researching and I've also EMailed Trappy to see what he has to say.

Dan
Nice! my channel just topped 10,000 last month I think. it is mostly dedicated to RC cars, but will be adding more plane stuff soon, once I can fly better
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:11 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post

That Nano CP X looks like the first heli in a long, long time that I've seriously considered grabbing. Anyone know if I'd be able to fly the BNF version with my stock mCX transmitter? I notice that the RTF comes with a DX4e, so I suppose the mixing must all be accomplished at the heli. It'd be a little rough flying it with zero transmitter programmability other than dual rates, but it can't be all that bad. Range wouldn't be a problem, obviously.

Micro helis have some so far since I left that game... We were still on NiMH batteries back then.

I feel like I'm on the verge of becoming an extremely fiscally irresponsible college student... But on the other hand, I have a hell of a lot of downtime and a rather large dorm. I need something to keep my flying muscles sharp while I'm here and that looks like exactly the thing for the job.
I guess it would bind to the transmitter, but I for one don't like the feel of the micro transmitters. not nearly as nice as a dx6i or similar and not as accurate either.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:11 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post

you wont have idle up or a throttle hold switch.
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:12 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,528 Posts
Guys the DX4e has an idle up switch and a throttle hold!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:13 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Guys the DX4e has an idle up switch and a throttle hold!
yes but he wants to use the one that looks like a N-64 controler. not a single switch on those.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:14 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,372 Posts
True. I thought of that after I posted, and then a quick skim through the nano CPX thread here confirmed it.... Well heck, buying the RTF version for the extra forty bucks would save me the trouble of having my mCX transmitter shipped up from MN. I'm definitely gonna see about getting a job on campus here.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:16 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,528 Posts
I have a DX4e if you want it, it's up for sale.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:49 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,528 Posts
I normally don't watch these kinds of things... but I clicked on it the other day and it's pretty funny!...

SAFETY TORCH!! (1 min 23 sec)

LOL

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:50 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Hey, what did you guys all learn 3d on? I'm trying to decide what's the best plane to learn on. I do have a scratchbuilt super slo, but it's built out of blucore fanfold foam which is pretty brittle, not like epp. I think I'm gonna build another out of EPP, but not sure whether I should build that or some sort of Yak or something. what do you guys think would be good for a first 3d plane?
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:52 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy kamutzki View Post
hey, what did you guys all learn 3d on? I'm trying to decide what's the best plane to learn on. I do have a scratchbuilt super slo, but it's built out of blucore fanfold foam which is pretty brittle, not like epp. I think i'm gonna build another out of epp, but not sure whether i should build that or some sort of yak or something. What do you guys think would be good for a first 3d plane?
twisted hobbys is your freind!
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:55 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,528 Posts
^What he said! Crack Yak 55 GOLD, 13g metal geared servos and the stock ESC/motor... great power, performance, and flight times if you get something higher than a 500 mAH 3S... depends if you want it real "floaty" or not.

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:00 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Is the crack yak 55 pretty much the same as any yak 55? And I wanted to keep it as cheap as possible because I have all electronics and just need foam. Would any other scratch built yak 55 fly similarly well?
Closed Thread