HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:14 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude View Post
How is Phoenix?
Phoenix is amazing. the graphics are really good and you can download a demo from their site. you can't play it, but you can see the graphics and see if your pc can handle it.

http://www.phoenix-sim.com/demo.asp
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:15 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,610 Posts
Just figured it all out... all of my FPV stuff should be here by this weekend now just to figure out a plane to use it with!
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:16 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude View Post
Yup...

I tried to buy some 1930's-1940's Top Flite wooden props today on ebay, but in the last five seconds, the bids went from $16.52 (my bid) to $23.52!

I was really excited because they were really cool! they were in awesome shape too!
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:16 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Just figured it all out... all of my FPV stuff should be here by this weekend now just to figure out a plane to use it with!
what did u get setup wise?
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:17 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
I just remembered i have used real flight basic. It is good but seems too easy. (i went from flyin the trainer at the club to knife edging in the sports hall on the sim with a flat foamy)
scrubmonkey is offline Find More Posts by scrubmonkey
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:20 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki View Post
what did u get setup wise?
-Ready Made RC 600 TVL (yes, 600TVL! ) camera (works down to 5v)
-Fatshark 10mw 2.4 GHz Transmitter, takes in power from a 2 or 3S Li-Po, puts out 5v for the cam, perfect!
-Lawmate (professional grade) 2.4 GHz high sensitivity 2.4 GHz receiver with stock antenna
-7dbi high-gain (sort of - more like medium gain) whip antenna
-Hitec 72 mHZ 4 channel R/C radio TX and a Corona Synthesized 72 mHZ receiver
-EzCap video recorder for laptop... will use to record and maybe to actually fly FPV later on

I'll be using 2.450 GHz (2450 mHZ) because that's the only frequency that both the TX and the RX that I'm getting can work on.

7dbi whip should give me easily 3,000 feet LOS (line of sight) range, maybe more like 5,000 feet. It depends on the area. Going to use a PopWing or maybe a glider, not sure yet. A quad would be awesome... but a bit too expensive right now.

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:22 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
-Ready Made RC 600 TVL (yes, 600TVL! ) camera (works down to 5v)
-Fatshark 10mw 2.4 GHz Transmitter, takes in power from a 2 or 3S Li-Po, puts out 5v for the cam, perfect!
-Lawmate (professional grade) 2.4 GHz high sensitivity receiver with stock antenna
-7dbi high-gain (sort of - more like medium gain) whip antenna
-Hitec 72 mHZ 4 channel R/C radio TX and a Corona Synthesized 72 mHZ receiver
-EzCap video recorder for laptop... will use to record and maybe to actually fly FPV later on

7dbi whip should give me easily 3,000 feet LOS (line of sight) range, maybe more like 5,000 feet. It depends on the area. Going to use a PopWing or maybe a glider, not sure yet. A quad would be awesome... but a bit too expensive right now.

Dan
Wow, sounds like a neat project!
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:26 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,610 Posts
Quote:
Wow, sounds like a neat project!
It certainly is! Now if I could just afford a plane... LOL, I've got my DX4e and the Omega 72g motor and 40A ESC up for sale, should get me like $80 to use for a PopWing or something... not sure yet, as usual LOL

Flying will be interesting... probably going to mod the wing or something to accept the extra weight (not much though), and a bigger Li-Po to power the cam stuff too! Most of the time, it's better to have one battery powering everything, or two in parallel if possible for maximum security. Trappy from Team Blacksheep's been doing parallel for years without a single issue.

There's actually a guy that's kinda pushing me into using the other frequencies illegally because he says nobody really cares, but I'd rather be on the legal side!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:47 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubmonkey View Post
I want to build a 40 or 60 size profile 3d plane. Would be pretty good. Cant find just plans though
MOJO 60 or a MOJO 40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:50 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,563 Posts
Quote:
LOL! that's funny... On a side note, I was wondering if you guys could help me with a problem I'm having. I can hover the Kyosho Edge 540 fine on Phoenix as well as other full fuse planes, but as soon as I try to fly the yak 54 or 55 (profile foamies) I can't hover! I can do a mean flat spin though
first off the edge 540 on phoenix sucks g-nads DONT EVER FLY IT IT WONT TEACH YOU ANYTHING!

here.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thumb...ttach&u=370080

download his extra and the edge variant.
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:15 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
How much would postage be from the states to here? Probably more than the plane :O
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:50 AM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,674 Posts
Yesterday was the first day of school, and afterwards Gratzy8, myself, and a guy named Mark went out flying.
We had a pretty good time
Check out our method of transportation-Gratzy8 is in this pictureName: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346845803.707312.jpg
Views: 61
Size: 169.3 KB
Description:
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:15 AM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
Pretty cool way. Get asked many questions? One fellow rides a motorbike yo the club with a plane strapped down
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:19 AM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,674 Posts
Lol yes a lot of people did a double take
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:28 AM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
Get a small flat foamy. Tape it to the top of one of those flag pole for your bike. Then you can 'fly' as you ride. Or it would just look plain awesome
Closed Thread