HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:16 AM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Oct 2006
451 Posts
Discussion
easy question cant seem to find an answer --right conector for my foxtech vtx and rtx

Hi guys i recently got the 200mw 5.8ghz

And im plannnig to build my own cloverleaf antenna later, but mean while i want to get a premade one, but dunno which one to get the SMA conector or the RP-SMA

bevrc
BEV 5.8G cloverleaf antenna set(SMA right angle connector)
or the
BEV 5.8G cloverleaf antenna set(RP-SMA)

at 19dls its very tempting are they any good??? any input is welcome
thxs
jaas75 is offline Find More Posts by jaas75
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:27 AM
Canada,Quebec
Joined Jan 2005
2,026 Posts
The RX/TX use RP-SMA connectors.

-Hugo
Hugeone is offline Find More Posts by Hugeone
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Oct 2006
451 Posts
thxs!

by any chance do you know if this antennas are any good?????

also when i decided to buy this setup from foxtech i did after sporadic threads talking it was a decent setup, but cant find a good review or dedicated thread for this foxtech combo

can any of you help me out, i tried search but is just a bunch of sales and the sporadic comment about the combo nothing specific
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Oct 2006
451 Posts
c,mon guys nobody have ever made a detailed comment or review about the foxtech 200mw vtx and vrx?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:19 PM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaas75 View Post
c,mon guys nobody have ever made a detailed comment or review about the foxtech 200mw vtx and vrx?
This tx and rx is sold in many places. FoxTech has their own sticker, but never the less it's the 100% same as those sold in many other asian stores.

The transmitter and receiver is surprizingly good. With propper antennas you can fly out to 10km with this setup without too much hazzle.

Run the receiver off a 2s battery though as the linear voltage regulator in there get's pretty hot when driven with a 3s battery.

I don't like the power connector of the transmitter too much as the one I have has a flakey contact. I would solder the wires directly onto the PCB to be save. Other than this the product is good. The alternative would be the 600mW ImmersionRC setup, but that's more power (alas more current draw) and does not mean more range as the rx of the FoxTech setup is said to have a higher sensitivity. Wether this is really true or not remains a topic of ongoing discussions, but fact is that the maximum ranges achvied with both systems hovers about the same (~15km).

HTH

Markus
markus123456 is online now Find More Posts by markus123456