Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Vethraxx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:15 AM
Lynnwood, wa
Joined Oct 2007
91 Posts
Discussion
The Fling - revisited.

If you hang out at the fly field long enough. Invariably someone will ask you if you want a plane or two. Usually they are sad to behold. They have either just crashed, been crashed and are TIRED little toys. I got this Fling second hand from a guy, who got it from a guy...

The black carbon fiber tail was snapped at the point where the control lines emerged. the skin on the elevators was torn. and I took it and ... stuck it on a shelf for three years... FAST FORWARD!

Going to Red Apple Flyers in Wenatchee for a three day camping R/C orgy and thought. I bet I have enough junk around here to make that pig fly under power. Behold. My Franken-Fling! And if it crashes... what happens in Wenatchee stays in Wenatchee...
Vethraxx is offline Find More Posts by Vethraxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:33 AM
Lynnwood, wa
Joined Oct 2007
91 Posts
What I did not mention in the photos. Why yes, that is a aluminum tube I replaced the orginal carbon fiber tail with. Yes, I know aluminum is horribly fragile and if it bends more than a couple times it will snap. What you can't see is the wooden dowel that I epoxied in there! and then I sanded the back end down flat so I could glue on the rudder and elevator. Ain't gonna break this time!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 08:23 PM
Lynnwood, wa
Joined Oct 2007
91 Posts
Just got back from Wenatchee. I gotta say, with the right prop that this is a blast to fly. Does not like the high winds though. the CG was so far in the rear that I ended up just tucking my little 880ma battery under the rubber bands that hold the wing on. with just quarter throttle, you can play in the wind. nice. very squirrely. don't take your eye off it.