Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Discussion
The best looking FPV plane ever: 100% carbon fiber covered X8 :O

Was just looking around on fyetechs website when found this

Wow, if I'd have $300 lying around, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Looks great, probably flies even better and is "only" $100 more than the stock x8.
Do you guys think that its worth the extra $100 and on scale from 0 to 10, how amazing does she look? I'd say 10
If I ever lose my skywalker, I know what to buy
EDIT: Just did some research and apparently its carbon fibre vinyl so kinda fake. Should be able to protect it anyways and doesn't take away from the looks

Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Last edited by Koo; Aug 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:54 AM
Joined Jul 2012
413 Posts
Not sure how much CF vinyl costs... Might be cheaper to do it yourself. However, there was a guy that did this to his Skywalker, but he used 3M CF wrap and it would cost about $300+ for the whole coating. So you'd have to look into it.

Also, I feel like with this everything has to be perfect to keep the look. Everything internally mounted with only the antennas sticking out. External VTX/GPS would ruin the look. No smudge marks or dents. Etc.

Just some things to consider.
snelan is offline Find More Posts by snelan
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:56 AM
Suspended Account
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2012
87 Posts
Sure looks great! Also looks like wing is slightly longer which could be an improvement. Shame its not real carbon fiber but looks great either way. Though for $100 more than stock I would not buy, a standard paint job would give the same cosmetic effects. On scale from 0 to 10 I think shes about 8.5. She looks too futuristic for my eyes to earn a 10/10. Cool find Koo!
FirstPersonView is offline Find More Posts by FirstPersonView
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:01 AM
Australia, QLD, Maleny
Joined Jul 2009
376 Posts
Looks great, and its probably lucky its not proper carbon fibre or you might struggle with signal blocking etc
hwat rc is offline Find More Posts by hwat rc
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:27 AM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwat rc View Post
Looks great, and its probably lucky its not proper carbon fibre or you might struggle with signal blocking etc
I was thinking the same :P I decided not to put any CF on the tail of my skywalker while building it because I was afraid that having a carbon rod right next to my vtx antenna would really mess up my signal.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo