HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:33 PM
UK
Joined Feb 2013
375 Posts
"Will there be any other bugs fixed or just this. Really considering if its worth the hassle of updating as I am yet to install it"

i am not sure but they kind of had to fix this one for the US market.. i have not heard of any.. it is something you can live with..i would install it..

that line runs from Brighton north through Greenwich and up as far as Grimsby.. to the left is the western hemisphere to the right is the eastern one... most of the UK is in the western half.. i am just..

could be worse it could fly back to China.. he he

trog
trog100 is offline Find More Posts by trog100
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:11 AM
fpv addict
Sydney, Australia
Joined Nov 2007
921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amfamora View Post
$300 vs $150..... yeah Ill jump right on that.....
When you do you'll never look back!
mrleenagle is offline Find More Posts by mrleenagle
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:54 AM
UK
Joined Feb 2013
375 Posts
i think the missing latitude figure is only of relevance for those wishing to record telemetry with a view to maybe locating the plane if it comes down a fair distance away..

most people wont even have the figures displayed they are not essential to basic operations.. i wont be rushing to update mine and dont think its a major issue with the unit..

its a bug and even an understandable one being as the device originates in china and most of the early sales have been in asia and europe..

i will hang about and maybe wait for braver souls than me to have a go and do a write up..

trog
Old Feb 25, 2013, 04:11 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waiau Pa
Joined Dec 2006
665 Posts
In custom mode, "hover" = Loiter?
doonunder is offline Find More Posts by doonunder
Old Feb 25, 2013, 05:48 AM
China, Hubei, Wuhan
Joined May 2011
11 Posts
This is my video

http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XNTE1NTk5NzA4/v.swf

The equipment is as follows:
X5
arkbrid
GOPRO2
3S 2200 *2
30A电调
2216 kv1250 8*6
Using the ARK equilibrium model when the plane took off, the air with the auxiliary balance model.爆米花:
daimonevil is offline Find More Posts by daimonevil
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:16 AM
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Feb 2013
86 Posts
Any idea what happens if I have no rudder on my plane? I've got elevator and ailerons, but no rudder. I'd like to find out before I put her in the air and flip that switch...

I see someone else asked here, but I don't see an answer.
Buzzbombkirk is offline Find More Posts by Buzzbombkirk
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:50 PM
Portugal, Lisbon District, Algés
Joined Aug 2012
63 Posts
Hi Buzzbombkirk,

are you using a arkbird controloer ?
Assuming you do, lets start by the basics (hope not insulting basics...).
Connect your rudder directly to receiver instead of arkbird.
Keep aileron and elevator connectd to arkbird.
Does rudder work ? Does aileron and elevator also work ?

If it doesn't go back to connecter on servo or radio setup.

If it does , but ailleron not, then probably , arkbird is looking for sattelites. Until it finds at least 3 you can't control anything.
If they work fine, then check rudder connection on arkbird.
If they look fine, then check arkbird menu ctr parameters, and make shure value for yaw ctl is 100%.

if all this fails... email arkbird !
pedroAlbuquerque is online now Find More Posts by pedroAlbuquerque
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:15 PM
Joined Feb 2013
86 Posts
I'm an idiot, I'm sorry. I meant to say MY PLANE doesn't have a rudder. The rudder control only controls the front wheel. Will the ArkBird still be able to perform all autopilot functions without a rudder? Because the plane itself has no rudder.

Sorry, I see now that I was completely unclear on that. Once this question is answered, I have another one, but it's kind of a big mess, so I'll wait on that.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:54 AM
Australia, NSW, Springwood
Joined Dec 2012
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbombkirk View Post
I'm an idiot, I'm sorry. I meant to say MY PLANE doesn't have a rudder. The rudder control only controls the front wheel. Will the ArkBird still be able to perform all autopilot functions without a rudder? Because the plane itself has no rudder.

Sorry, I see now that I was completely unclear on that. Once this question is answered, I have another one, but it's kind of a big mess, so I'll wait on that.
lol... short answer is 'yes'... it will be fine without rudder connected - just plug rudder Ch for your wheel direct to Rx. The stabilised flight mode only adjusts ELEV and AIL so the rudder in/out just allows the arkbird to give you gyro assist on the yaw. No issue I can see if you leave this channel unconnected.
ZaksterBlue is offline Find More Posts by ZaksterBlue
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:47 AM
Joined Feb 2013
86 Posts
Sweet! Thanks. Should have some videos in the next week. Actually thinking about putting this thing on a fast plane to start.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:29 PM
Joined Sep 2012
5 Posts
does anybody know what the set up sequesnce for ch5 ,6 is if usingTurnigy 9X. I have got video, and satellites but no control surfaces at htis stage, my 9X is transmitting a chain link dare UHF. ANY IDEAS PLEASE HELP
depron dude is offline Find More Posts by depron dude
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:04 AM
UK
Joined Feb 2013
375 Posts
i have mine set up on a 9x.. you first have to assign the channels.. by default they are all set at null.. i have five set as gear and six which is the knob next to it set at throttle hold..

the knob now acts as a three position switch on mine with the switch being the main on off..

i am using a frsky module though.. fail safe has to be set up to match the channel five and six settings.. this causes loss of signal to trigger RTH..

with the channel five switch off you get full manual.. the knob now switches balance mode the custom mode or the RTH mode depending where its set.. i never could figure how to make the three position toggle switch work..

trog
Last edited by trog100; Feb 28, 2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:03 PM
Joined Sep 2012
5 Posts
Trogg,

thanks for this any chance on posting a youtube video stepping through the set up. the ark bird is pretty new and there is not much info out on the web.
depron dude is offline Find More Posts by depron dude
Old Mar 01, 2013, 04:18 AM
UK
Joined Feb 2013
375 Posts
i am not really into videos at the moment but i can answer any questions.. setting the device up it looks more complicated than it is.. having said that it does need a bit of head scratching.. he he

the way to activate the aux channels is the last option on the 9x menu page two.. the display option shows you what knob or switch is doing what.. that is on page one..

set five to gear.. set six to throttle hold.. then have a look at the display option.. six is a knob five is a switch.. the knob acts like a three position switch.. fully off its balance mode.. in the middle its (in my case) gyro mode.. fully on its return to home mode.. none of it works unless the switch is on..

trog
Old Mar 01, 2013, 04:18 PM
Oh No, not again!!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Sep 2003
552 Posts
I think that the Arkbird does not do camera stabilization even though it has gyros? Is this correct? I really want camera stabilization like the RVOSDv5 but don't really want to pay twice as much for it.
Kim
elimsprint is offline Find More Posts by elimsprint