SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:27 AM
UK
Joined Feb 2013
375 Posts
i will have a look later on today for the firmware version...

as an update on the missing longitude thing.. my sons shows the same but the system knows where it is and the RTH works okay.. mind you it has buggered up our idea of recording the telemetry so that if the plane does go down we can locate it easily..

trog
trog100 is offline Find More Posts by trog100
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:44 AM
UK
Joined Feb 2013
375 Posts
my hobbyking one is firmware version 3.1010 the same as the ebay one it seems..

reog
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:32 AM
Portugal, Lisbon District, Algés
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Hi Trog100,

thank ou for your comments.
I feel a bit more relieved to know that i'm not the only one to have this and that it (maybe ) does not interfere with RTH .
My version is also V3.1010 as can be seen on video.

I'll do some more testing and report back as soon as I can fly again (probably only in 2 weeks, we'll see. I'm eager to fly again
Eventualy I'll be doing some ground tests.
pedroAlbuquerque is offline Find More Posts by pedroAlbuquerque
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:37 PM
UK
Joined Feb 2013
375 Posts
they could all be like ours pedro.. three samples so far and none of them show the longitude..

my sons passed all flight tests perfectly..

trog
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:44 PM
Joined Mar 2011
13 Posts
Hi
Received my Arkbird 2/14/13.
Wired Fatshark Pred. and installed all of it on powered glider and triple checked it.
Setup Yesterday and Flight tested today.
I'm very happy with results.Fence mode worked as advertised.
300m,400m,500m,600m limit tested. 999 meters max on fence mode setup.
Fly past limit and RTH takes you back inside fence area and balance mode reactivates.
RTH worked well also.
Way points next.
Thanks everyone.
I'm in awe! Same version 3.1010 HK
lata is offline Find More Posts by lata
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:29 PM
Rick
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Joined Apr 2007
605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lata View Post
Hi
Wired Fatshark Pred. and installed all of it on powered glider and triple checked it.
Fly past limit and RTH takes you back inside fence area and balance mode reactivates.
RTH worked well also.
Way points next.
Thanks everyone.
Could you show how you wired it up with the Fatshark Pred. Camera and Tx? I have the Fatshark Pred. system and am looking very seriously at pairing this arkbird OSD system up with it. Would love to see how you did it.

Rick
hammer833 is offline Find More Posts by hammer833
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:02 AM
UK
Joined Feb 2013
375 Posts
you need a video out from the vid-out on the arkbird to your transmitter.. a video in from the camera to the vid-in on the arkbird.. they can be standard servo plugs and leads

my camera dosnt need power from the arkbird.. it gets it from my transmitter what i did was very simple.. i cut my video connection lead (mostly the yellow one) from camera to transmitter ran a servo lead minus one wire to the vid in and out on the arkbird and plugged it in sideways across the two in-out pins..

the only wires from my camera-transmitter system to the arkbird are these two wires with a single servo plug.. the video signal has to go through the arkbird for it to put its telemetry on it that is all..

its not as complicated as it looks..

trog
Last edited by trog100; Feb 19, 2013 at 05:19 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:51 AM
Rick
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Joined Apr 2007
605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trog100 View Post
you need a video out from the vid-out on the arkbird to your transmitter.. a video in from the camera to the vid-in on the arkbird.. they can be standard servo plugs and leads

my camera dosnt need power from the arkbird.. it gets it from my transmitter what i did was very simple.. i cut my video connection lead (mostly the yellow one) from camera to transmitter ran a servo lead minus one wire to the vid in and out on the arkbird and plugged it in sideways across the two in-out pins..

the only wires from my camera-transmitter system to the arkbird are these two wires with a single servo plug.. the video signal has to go through the arkbird for it to put its telemetry on it that is all..

its not as complicated as it looks..

trog
I get it now. That's what I thought but it seemed too simple.
Keep us posted on what you think of it as you test it.

Thanks Rick
hammer833 is offline Find More Posts by hammer833
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:49 AM
Joined Mar 2004
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lata View Post
Hi
RTH worked well also.
Way points next.
Thanks everyone.
Hi lata,
Did you have the display of GPS coordinates working ? I guess you bought it from HK right?

Chris
rcmtl is offline Find More Posts by rcmtl
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:31 AM
Joined Mar 2011
13 Posts
Hi
GPS coordinates turned off.
Yes HK
Having trouble finding way point 3,4.
I setup way point 1,2 and the plane went to each.After WP2 osd showed WP3 but I have no
idea of the position of WP3.
Sorry
Waypoint set 1=1&2
Waypoint set 2=3&4
Last edited by lata; Feb 19, 2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:22 AM
UK
Joined Feb 2013
375 Posts
Quote:
GPS coordinates turned off.
turn them on and tell us what you see.. no need to fly the plane they are right at the top of the screen.. or in my case one of them is.. he he

trog
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:05 PM
Joined Mar 2011
13 Posts
Trog I only have one .
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:17 PM
UK
Joined Feb 2013
375 Posts
thanks.. thats four looked at so far.. it seems one is the norm.. he he

trog
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:12 PM
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Hi everybody,

I contacted infinity-techsupport , as I found on their site a manual for firmware upgrade, were they state that we have to contact then in order to get a the file with new firmware.

They were very nice answering my email, as I bought it from HK, but the answer was not very convencing
"As we know, generally a GPS device will work well only in an open field outdoor. Furthermore, the GPS need time to figure out all the available satellites during the initialization. We will suggest you do the test/checking in the flying field and see both latitude but longitude will be display normally."

So I went for a walk outdoor with everything and the result is still the same.
No longitude coordenat that still show 0,0000 W.
The home point seem to be pointing the right direction though.

There are two adicional problems I felt but not talked about not to confuse, they are:
1- the up and down indicator, jump from >5 to -4, -3...,0, -1,-2, i.e, the simbol jumps from > to - before reaching 0 !!
2 - if you enter the menu, then the clock stops, and keeps stoped after exiting menu.

Still waiting for a comment from HK on all issues.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:59 PM
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Does any one know who is producing this devices, some on we can contact to let know about this issues and try to find if there is a fix comming ?