HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:42 AM
Australia, NSW, Springwood
Joined Dec 2012
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doonunder View Post
Hi ZaksterBlue, can you explain the difference between balance and gyro mode?

I can't comprehend a difference as balance would need gyros to operate?
Hi doonunder, it would be easier to do a video explanation... I wonder if dhdsracer's review video showed the difference?

I'll give it a go...

Balance: plane uses accelerometers to detect if the plane is not flying straight and level as per the neutral point calibration you set in the menu. If it is not level, it compensates with AIL or ELEV until the plane is level.

Gyro: as with the old helicopter tail gyros, it will attempt to compensate (briefly!) for any sudden attitude change to the aircraft that you did not make happen, like in a gust of wind. The gyro very briefly flicks the relevant control surface in the opposite direction but then returns to neutral. This helps to reduce effect of turbulence, but does not know if the plane is actually level.
ZaksterBlue is offline Find More Posts by ZaksterBlue
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:49 AM
Joined Mar 2011
12 Posts
Thanks for reply.
No my Tx ,Rx doesn't have failsafe.
Thinking about Frsky Tx,Rx
lata is offline Find More Posts by lata
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:48 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Dec 2006
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaksterBlue View Post
Hi doonunder, it would be easier to do a video explanation... I wonder if dhdsracer's review video showed the difference?

I'll give it a go...

Balance: plane uses accelerometers to detect if the plane is not flying straight and level as per the neutral point calibration you set in the menu. If it is not level, it compensates with AIL or ELEV until the plane is level.

Gyro: as with the old helicopter tail gyros, it will attempt to compensate (briefly!) for any sudden attitude change to the aircraft that you did not make happen, like in a gust of wind. The gyro very briefly flicks the relevant control surface in the opposite direction but then returns to neutral. This helps to reduce effect of turbulence, but does not know if the plane is actually level.
Thanks for your reply
doonunder is online now Find More Posts by doonunder
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:15 PM
Joined Mar 2011
12 Posts
Hi
"7. Fence mode(Auto Switching to Return-to-Home Mode while flying out of the rectangle area specified.)"
Arkbird in transit.
This should be some fun!
lata is offline Find More Posts by lata
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:12 AM
Joined Dec 2012
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lata View Post
Hi
"7. Fence mode(Auto Switching to Return-to-Home Mode while flying out of the rectangle area specified.)"
Arkbird in transit.
This should be some fun!
Ahh, for your purposes, the bird will fly back into the fence zone! Nice. I wonder if it will switch out of RTH mode as soon as it is back in the fence area automaticaly or if you have to cycle the modes on/off. Either way, this is good news.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:02 AM
Joined Mar 2008
9 Posts
Do some Arkbird autopilot test.
Arkbird Autopilot Test (6 min 57 sec)
su_chinhui is offline Find More Posts by su_chinhui
Last edited by su_chinhui; Feb 14, 2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:57 AM
Joined Oct 2012
150 Posts
Finally some good videos turning up on YouTube of the Arkbird
dinislam1395 is offline Find More Posts by dinislam1395
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:57 PM
Portugal, Lisbon District, Algés
Joined Aug 2012
63 Posts
Arkbird OSD GSP problem

I got my Arkbird OSD this month.
I finally could finish wiring, as the wiring is not compatible with Fatshark VTX and camera.

I got also a new radio (9XR) so I need some time to put it all to work.

Today was my first fly with it, but yesterday night during preparation I found that GPS coordantes do not show number for longitude, only 0,0000W, but shows for latitude.

I also noted that angle indicator, jumpes from >5 to -4, than -3 .. 0 , -1,-2, etc, so the symbols changes from > to - before reach to zero.

Finally the clock on OSD frised...

Nedless say that I was scared flying in this condition, but tokke the chance.
Flyed in manual , no problems notice
Flyed in stabilized mode, and felt very safe, but a litle bloking for flying freely, so, should be perfect for site seeing(Like!).
Flyed Gyro mode and was far more permissive for free fly and still confortable on stabilty (like!)

Didn't try RTH as without GSP coordenat missing I don't know were will it drive to
Main purpose of purchase was obviously safety when radio control fail, and without GPs working the RTH function is void! (DONT LIKE ! very frustrated)
I hope this can be a bug problem to be solve soon with some firmware upgrade.

Has anyone else felt this problems ?
pedroAlbuquerque is offline Find More Posts by pedroAlbuquerque
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:01 PM
Portugal, Lisbon District, Algés
Joined Aug 2012
63 Posts
video link showing the problem
arkbirdProblem (19 min 21 sec)
pedroAlbuquerque is offline Find More Posts by pedroAlbuquerque
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:41 AM
Joined Apr 2011
13 Posts
hi all. im putting the arkbird in a skyhunter, wich has no rudder just elev and aile. is anyone else flying this configuration, im interested in how good heading is in this configeration. im new to plane flight stabilization. any tips?. im a few weeks off getting it all together, still waiting on a few components for my long range gound station. im getting excited, i have so much open space out here.
i going to use rudder for paning and the 7th channel for tilt.
skytoad is offline Find More Posts by skytoad
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:18 PM
UK
Joined Feb 2013
375 Posts
mine shows the same pedro.. just the one readng and not two.. i have set it up but not flown it yet.. bad weather here.. my son also has an arkbird that was test flown about a month back..

it seemed okay but no comment was made about the lat long read out.. i will check with him.. my main purpose for buying was the return to home feature.. it may work okay even if it dosnt show on the screen.. i hope so.. he he

trog

ps.. mine is one the batch Hobbyking got in three weeks or so back.. my sons came from somewhere else and maybe an earlier batch..
trog100 is offline Find More Posts by trog100
Last edited by trog100; Feb 17, 2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:52 PM
UK
Joined Feb 2013
375 Posts
looking at the manual more closely it says show lat-lon but next to it it says show latitude and altitude not longtitude so maybe its not supposed to show it..

trog
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:34 PM
Joined Dec 2012
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trog100 View Post
looking at the manual more closely it says show lat-lon but next to it it says show latitude and altitude not longtitude so maybe its not supposed to show it..

trog
Out of curiosity, what firmware is installed on the hobby king arkbird? Mine is from eBay and is the v3 1010 version.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:59 PM
UK
Joined Feb 2013
375 Posts
not sure to be honest.. how do you find out.. my sons is off ebay.. i put off buying one until HK got them in then i had to fork out.. he he

trog
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:59 AM
Joined Dec 2012
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trog100 View Post
not sure to be honest.. how do you find out.. my sons is off ebay.. i put off buying one until HK got them in then i had to fork out.. he he

trog
It should be displayed at the top when you enter the menu system.