Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:49 PM
Spain, AL, Sevilla
Joined Aug 2012
37 Posts
Discussion
mini cracker project? from heli to boat

First of all, hello everyone!
Ive read you all in this little piece of land (micro and sub micro ), and Im fascinated with your skills working on little things!.

I came here a week before, looking por a pair of (toy grade) cheap boats for my swimming pool, without having any knowledge on rc boats . But first I realized that I wouldnt be able to use both at same time with toy grade boats. As I continued reading, I discovered your tiny awesome boats.

(I come from multicopters , and I already have a wl toys v929 and a v911, wich I would use for parts if it is possible )

I do not need much power since my pool its only 9x5 mt , and I would like to have both crafts simultaneously in the pool

So I would like to know if it would be possible to create a pair of minicrackers with the following components.

V911 pcb board. -- It will act as receiver, and servo
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...s-p-38688.html

v911 main motor
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...t-p-38691.html

150mah 3.7V Li-Poly Battery, also from the v911

mini rudder
http://www.giantshark.co.uk/mini-rudder-p-406885.html

30mm 3 bladed propeller 6" (153mm) tube.
http://www.giantshark.co.uk/propelle...-p-406879.html

Could anyone please tell me if it is possible to make that scratch build?

Im assuming that I would not have any issues with the balsa, as Im good at that kind of jobs....

Thanks everyone!
elitehockey is offline Find More Posts by elitehockey
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:19 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

What size boat are you looking at building? I take it you have found my cracker plans. If so, the V911 brick will not fit at the designed size. You would have to scale it up. By how much, is something I do not know.

Are you looking to "race"? If so, you can go ahead and ditch that prop. If not, then you would need to trim it down.

Let's just start with a size.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:28 AM
Spain, AL, Sevilla
Joined Aug 2012
37 Posts
Thank you!
Yes! I found your plans. Im not sure about the size you made it , but I think that 5inch x 2 will be enough. no matter If I have to make it one inch bigger.

the board size ist just 1 inch x1 (2,5 x25 cm) So , I think it will have space in there.

About the prop... Im going to "race", but just in the pool for fun, with mates.

I assume that you are saying that the prop is not good enough.

I have seen some in hobbyking. Could you tell me another one better than that? Anyway, I will have to order that, because I need a Drive line( and it is included, in the link I wrote, Am I right??)

As you can see Im a completely NooB at this..
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:38 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitehockey View Post
Thank you!
Yes! I found your plans. Im not sure about the size you made it , but I think that 5inch x 2 will be enough. no matter If I have to make it one inch bigger.

the board size ist just 1 inch x1 (2,5 x25 cm) So , I think it will have space in there.
My cracker is a very low profile boat. Height of the brick is the determining factor in this case. I'm not sure there is enough clearance even with the extra 1".

About the prop... Im going to "race", but just in the pool for fun, with mates.

I assume that you are saying that the prop is not good enough.
derk and I used Kyosho 15mm racing props. Unfortunately, they are hard to find now. I would search for a while to try and find them. If unsuccessful, you'll have to improvise. The other option is my 12mm props. I'm not sure how they perform though yet.

I have seen some in hobbyking. Could you tell me another one better than that? Anyway, I will have to order that, because I need a Drive line( and it is included, in the link I wrote, Am I right??)
Drive lines are simple. You don't need anything fancy at this size. Carbon fiber tube with a steel shaft gets the job done just fine. (Plus the pre made line is 6".)

As you can see Im a completely NooB at this..
Ain't no shame. Do not expect to have everything available though. We make all of the parts we use.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:40 PM
Spain, AL, Sevilla
Joined Aug 2012
37 Posts
Ill do my best modifying that little thing, maybe Ill add it more height , or add two heights like the "wild thing" has in its front.

Ill also make the drive line as you suggest.

About the propeller, wich is the las thing remaining, (I think ), I can see, that I have to choose from 12 to 15 mm.( is that diameter?) Is it convenient 3 bladed or is it better 2 bladed ?

Have you already produced them ? Are you going to sell them ?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:34 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,649 Posts
I'm planning on using the V911 brick at some point so in in on this tread
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83