HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by franke, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:56 PM
on the edge
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
Build Log
Wires, wires everywhere

Been working on this for a couple of days now after figuring out that combing two frames would make this too heavy.

This was what I was going for.

I took the above apart and am now just doing the Y6 config.

ESCs all direct soldered on both ends to the motors.

Yellow LED headlights. There are six of these total.

This is an eight channel bar that I made of red LEDs that will chase in 60 different patterns using the LED output on the Rabbit Flight Controller.

LED bar.

Blue LED uplights and downlights that will light up the green props. The little copper wires are just holding them in place while the glue dries. Another yellow headlight underneath.

White LEDs on the tail with a red LED strip for the stinger. Two yellow tail lights.

I still have green, more blue plus multicolored LEDs to install once I get further along on the frame. The next level down will be an added level that does not come with the normal frame kit. I need this level to install the eight 5v relays for running the gobs of LEDs that would draw too much power for the Rabbit.

The relays for the flying light show. 283 LEDs.
franke is offline Find More Posts by franke
Last edited by franke; Aug 21, 2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: added on
to remove ads between posts