HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:55 PM
United States, CA, Escondido
Joined Dec 2004
38 Posts
Discussion
Another HK customer service story..

I ordered 3 lipos from the US warehouse and the USPS managed to lose them somewhere between my local post office and my office; they were ordered on the August 2nd, shipped on the 4th, and arrived at my local post office on the 6th;

email/text log:

ME:, Aug 09 02:43 (HKT):
Order# 2004982xxx

I did not receive the package. USPS Tracking# 94055112010803628xxxx shows that it was delivered on August 6. I contacted USPS and the mail carrier has no idea what happened to it.

What do we do now?

Chad

HK/JANE:, Aug 09 13:01 (HKT):
Hi CHAD ,
Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

We have used your tracking number 940551120108036287xxx to view you delivery details. We are sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your parcel even the tracking site says the tracking site says has been delivered. Please kindly be advised to use your tracking number 940551120108036287xxxx to double-check with post office. In some occasions, the parcel may be left at the post office awaiting for pick-up.

Please kindly let us know if you have received your parcel.

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
Jane

ME:, Aug 11 07:43 (HKT):
Hello Jane,

I still have not received the parcel.

I called the post office and also spoke to the mail carrier and they have no idea what happened to it or where it is.

Please advise.

Thanks.

HK/Jane:Jane, Aug 11 11:51 (HKT):
Hi CHAD ,

Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

We are sorry to hear that you still not received your parcel. Please be advised that we have requested USPS to start investigation. As soon as we have updates we will be in touch to advise immediately. Please kindly check back your account for updates later for further information. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards.
Jane

-End-

As Jane was a little vague about how long the investigation would take, I decided to give HK online customer service a try today to see what "exactly" HK's position is for a lost/non-delivered item (just in-case..), it took about 1-minute for a rep to come online and here's the text log:

HK/Ricky: Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?
ME: Good afternoon..
ME: I'm checking into a request # Request #322xxx
HK/Ricky: One moment please.
HK/Ricky: If I have checked, we have successfully opened the investigation. It may take some time for an investigation. We would contact you once we have received any kind of updates from the postal service.
ME: Approximately how long will you wait you for USPS to investigate?
ME: and what happens if they are indeed lost?
HK/Ricky: If we confirmed it is lost, that we will reimburse for your order. A full refund could be arranged for you. Please allow two weeks for the investigation.
ME: that's fair. I just placed a order to replace the missing /lost order. Hobby Kings Customer Service has been very good. Thank you.
HK/Ricky: You're fully welcome!
ME: have a good day/evening..

Gee, I dunno folks... 'sounds like HK is handling this pretty well.. I admit that waiting 2-weeks for the investigation is a drag (though it was only a $28.00 order). If the missing order shows up; cool.. if not, I'll have HK replace it.

CH
chickenhawk is offline Find More Posts by chickenhawk
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:08 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Did you call the 800 number for USPS or did you call the local P.O.? I had the same problem and it turned out it was never delivered and was sitting in the local P.O. . It turned out the USPS home and my local office had 2 different delivery statements on their computers and the local postmaster made a special trip and hand delivered it and apologized.

It would be nice if USPS would refund lost shipments and not make the seller responsible for it.

I try to keep real good tracking of my packages and report any problems right away before whoever handled it last forgets where he delivered it.

Hope everything works out ok.
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Last edited by keyman923; Aug 14, 2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:17 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,010 Posts
FWIW

From the USPS website http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usp...Q&view%28%29=c[c_usps0611]&varset%28source%29=sourceType:embedded
Quote:
Reporting Missing Items

If your mail item has not been delivered, here are some simple steps you can follow for help depending on how the item was mailed:

Express Mail

Express Mail comes with a guaranteed delivery date and time. Information regarding the delivery status of your item is updated throughout the day as carriers return from their delivery routes. Using the Express Mail label ID number, you can find out if your item has been delivered online via Track and Confirm on usps.com or you can obtain information by calling 1-800-222-1811. If the delivery status indicates that the item has not yet been delivered, we recommend that you contact the recipient to determine if they have received the item. If the item has not been received, you may call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) to initiate a research request.
Priority Mail and First-Class Mail

Item mailed with Delivery Confirmation, Signature Confirmation, or Certified Mail

Using the label ID numbers, you can check the delivery status online via Track and Confirm on usps.com or you can obtain information by calling 1-800-222-1811. If five (5) or more postal business days have passed since the date of mailing and the recipient has confirmed that the item has not arrived, you may call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) to request documentation of your issue.
Item mailed with Registered Mail

Please allow fifteen (15) days from the date of mailing for your item to arrive (45 days if sent Registered Mail COD). Using the Registered Mail label ID numbers, you can check the delivery status online via Track and Confirm on usps.com or you can obtain information by calling 1-800-222-1811. If the proper amount of time has passed and the item has not arrived, you may file a claim. For more information about filing a claim, go to the Registered Mail (Domestic) FAQ.
Item mailed with Insurance

Please allow twenty-one (21) days from the date of mailing for your item to arrive. Using the Insurance label ID numbers, you can check the delivery status online via Track and Confirm on usps.com or you can obtain information by calling 1-800-222-1811. If the proper amount of time has passed and the item has not arrived, you may file a claim. For more information about filing an insurance claim, go to the Submitting a Domestic Insura
nce Claim FAQ.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Dec 2004
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyman923 View Post
Did you call the 800 number for USPS or did you call the local P.O.? I had the same problem and it turned out it was never delivered and was sitting in the local P.O. and the local postmaster made a special trip and hand delivered it and apologized.
I called the local PO. The sup was friendly and tried to help, the next day my carrier stopped by to see if it had turned up. USPS was apologetic but that's all they could do at this point.

Priority MailŪ

Delivered
August 06, 2012, 11:28 am
CHULA VISTA, CA 91911
Delivery Confirmation™

"Delivery Confirmation" ? I guess in USPS/Federal Government speak that means that "someone" from the USPS "confirmed" that it was delivered "somewhere"? But nobody knows "who" or "where"

I re-ordered from HK as their prices are good and it appears that they will refund or replace the original/lost order once they go through their internal process.
Last edited by chickenhawk; Aug 14, 2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:47 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
I thought those scanners that the USPS use would show which postman or post lady delivered it and why would it be so hard for the PO to talk to the carrier who delivered it and ask where they delivered it? I would think that most of the mail the mail man delivers is letters, flyers and that a package would be easy for me or her to remember if only a day or 2 passes.

Hope it all turns out ok.
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Dec 2004
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyman923 View Post
I thought those scanners that the USPS use would show which postman or post lady delivered it and why would it be so hard for the PO to talk to the carrier who delivered it and ask where they delivered it? I would think that most of the mail the mail man delivers is letters, flyers and that a package would be easy for me or her to remember if only a day or 2 passes.

Hope it all turns out ok.
According to the PO sup my regular carrier was off the day that it was delivered.

My office is in a industrial park and I regularly receive "parcel" type packages via USPS, UPS, On-Trac, etc..

Thanks for the responses and suggestions.

My purpose for posting was to share with others my experience with HK's customer service (both email and "chat") when a order is lost/missing after it's left a HK warehouse.

In my opinion; HK's doing a good job of handling my lost parcel situation.

CH
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:49 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,010 Posts
I'm pretty sure "Confirmed" means HK has requested Delivery confirmation service.
See - http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usp...Q&view%28%29=c[c_usps4537]&varset%28source%29=sourceType:embedded
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:45 AM
Joined Dec 2004
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
I'm pretty sure "Confirmed" means HK has requested Delivery confirmation service.
See - http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usp...Q&view%28%29=c[c_usps4537]&varset%28source%29=sourceType:embedded
and you are correct in your assumption hoppy. though "Delivery Confirmation (insert the little Registered Trademark thingy) through USPS really means nothing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhawk View Post

"Delivery Confirmation" ? I guess in USPS/Federal Government speak that means that "someone" from the USPS "confirmed" that it was delivered "somewhere"? But nobody knows "who" or "where"
Summary: HK acknowledged both my email and online chat queries in a timely manner, "and" they will refund or replace my order if I don't receive it.

and that works for me.

I'm going to close this thread and again thank everyone for your input.

Thanks,

CH
Closed Thread