HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Help!
Double Horse 9053 Shuang ma - Blade Spinning Problem

I purchased a new in the Box 9053 from a private seller on ebay. Took it out of the box the night I received it and played for a few minutes. I then plugged the battery in and charged it. Took it back out at lunch the following day and played a little more, crashed into some of my wife's plants. Pulled it out, nothing broken and when you hit the throttle the blades spin for a moment and then stop. I though maybe it was the battery, so I charged it, same result. I tested the batter and get 7.8v so the battery seems to have power. I tried un-plugging and re plugging in the connectors on the circuit board to make sure one of them had not gotten shaken loose. The only thing I noticed was that one of the connectors (one of the two for the rear rotor) is not soldered good to the board as the connector started to pull out of the board (had a tight fit and slide back into place when I pushed it back down).

The light on the board flashes when I push the throttle so it appears to be getting the signal, but not turning the motors. Could this be the board or maybe something else, can't see it being the motors as they turn to start. It sucks, cause this is my first Heli and I want to play with it and don't know were to start.

Also my wife said today the the charge was making humming noise after being plugged in for a couple of days (no battery hooked up) so I had her unplug it. Any help would be great, I can get a board for less than $15, the motors for under $10 and a new controller for under $20 but I don't know were to start and don't want to spend more on parts trying to fix it, than I paid for it. Amazon sells them all day long for $50, same as I paid.

I am also looking for a website or a contact info for the company direct to try to get some help figuring it out or maybe getting a replacement board for it, but thier was no info on the box or the literature that came with it.

ANY HELP Would Be Great... PS, this is my first post to this board! Thanks
mtbenedict is offline Find More Posts by mtbenedict
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:48 AM
Steve
United Kingdom, Staffordshire
Joined Jan 2012
156 Posts
There is a good thread for the 9053 in the Coaxial helicopters section of this forum which covers most of the problems. I am sure someone on there will be able to advise you - good luck.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1247510
Chester1 is offline Find More Posts by Chester1