Closed Thread
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:12 PM
Gravity Test in Progress
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Jul 2010
401 Posts
Question
Hyperion GX3 advertised Discharge rate question

Looking at the info on the Hyperion websites and on the packaging box for the 3S 3300mAh 11.1v 25C battery it is saying:

3300mAh 11.1v 25C/45C

My question is does the /45C mean?
The do not refer to this in the info and it's confusing to me as to why they put this on the labeling.
My assumptions are that the battery can handle short burst of discharge up to 45C.
They do not say this though and it is a 25C rated battery so this 25C rating is maybe a bit low for my flying so I'm questioning the need to spend more money on the next higher rating @ 35C which also says 35C/65C.

What adds to my confusion is that when you click on the website link for the 25C specs it takes you to 45C description!

It is just something that could be more clearly stated for me!
Thanks.
.Steve is offline Find More Posts by .Steve
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:41 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,610 Posts
The second "C" number is supposed to be a "burst" rating. The first number is supposed to be a continuous rating. The second number says the battery will sustain a higher rating for short periods or "bursts".

Select your batteries based on the first number not the "burst" rating.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:58 PM
Gravity Test in Progress
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Jul 2010
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1 View Post
The second "C" number is supposed to be a "burst" rating. The first number is supposed to be a continuous rating. The second number says the battery will sustain a higher rating for short periods or "bursts".

Select your batteries based on the first number not the "burst" rating.

Glen
I hear you on selecting by the 1st C rating, more is better.
That's what I thought it was and stated it. Obvious really, but been working a working too much lately and my brain was full!
Thanks for refreshing my memory.
.Steve is offline Find More Posts by .Steve
Closed Thread