HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:10 AM
Joined Dec 2009
28 Posts
Discussion
hobbyzone/parkzone/eflite rtf transmitter help

So today I put tried flying my newest addition to my ultra micro family, the champ. I already fly the mustang, mosquito, and trojan regularly with the rtf transmitter and all is well. The problem with the champ is that the rudder control is on the same stick as the throttle. I learned today that I am completely incapable of flying this way and wrecked my new plane. So I was wondering if there was a way to get rudder and elevator on one stick and throttle on the other? I already tried both modes and neither are working for me!
hoondiggi95 is offline Find More Posts by hoondiggi95
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:22 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoondiggi95 View Post
So today I put tried flying my newest addition to my ultra micro family, the champ. I already fly the mustang, mosquito, and trojan regularly with the rtf transmitter and all is well. The problem with the champ is that the rudder control is on the same stick as the throttle. I learned today that I am completely incapable of flying this way and wrecked my new plane. So I was wondering if there was a way to get rudder and elevator on one stick and throttle on the other? I already tried both modes and neither are working for me!
Did you buy your Champ used? Everyone elses Champ has the Rudder on the right stick with the elevator.

If the previous owner of your champ put in an AR6400 6 channel brick, rudder would be on the left stick, but that isn't the way they come new.

A Champ should have a PKZ3351 3 Channel Brick with the Rudder on the Aileron Channel.

Swap bricks or buy a computer radio with Model memory and swap sticks with the mixes (a DX8 or used DX7 has a canned Aileron>Rudder mix that will make dual controls for the rudder - both right and left sticks if you set it at 100%)

You have enough planes that a Computer radio makes sense for you. You can get a good used one for about $100.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:23 AM
Joined Dec 2009
28 Posts
Actually I had a spare 6 channel brick and installed it myself...maybe I will just install an aileron servo to operate the rudder. Thanks for the help can't believe I didn't think of that
hoondiggi95 is offline Find More Posts by hoondiggi95