HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:04 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,509 Posts
Mine flies an EDF. He never is sad when he crashes, though. He just pulls a big red button out of his pocket and pushes it, and the plane is back on the strip.
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:45 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,425 Posts
Before mocking/insulting someone's religious beliefs or lack thereof, ask yourself two questions: 1) What do I gain, and 2) Whose respect will I lose?

Then decide if it's worth it.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:38 AM
Arizona Fun
Casa Grande Arizona
Joined Mar 2010
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
Before mocking/insulting someone's religious beliefs or lack thereof, ask yourself two questions: 1) What do I gain, and 2) Whose respect will I lose?

Then decide if it's worth it.
Very, very well said C4 H1. "A wise man may share his beliefs, but he does not mock and disrespect those who believe differently"
ArizonaFun is offline Find More Posts by ArizonaFun
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:58 AM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaFun View Post
Very, very well said C4 H1.
It's actually C4H10. Just call him butane :P
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:21 PM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
7,109 Posts
That plane doesn't throw a beam the way a flashlight does, so I don't think it's going to visually incapacitate someone.

As a bicycle rider, I know that there are a few malicious jerks out there. If you are doing anything the least unusual (like riding a bike in the winter or flying at night), they may take it as a license to abuse you. But there are only a few of them, and, IMHO, you weren't doing anything wrong.

I've been shouted at many times, and attacked once. Then there was the car tailing me as I pedalled in the middle of nowhere at night. And the egg thrown at me as I walked over a bridge. Only little pieces of it hit me, but it really stung. A 30 mph throw from a 50 mph car will do that. None of this with RC yet, but I suppose it's only a matter of time.

If you want, stand further from the road. But don't feel what happened is your fault in any way

P.S. Ever think of putting the lights inside the foam so the whole aircraft glowed? Cooling might be an issue, I suppose.
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:37 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln View Post
That plane doesn't throw a beam the way a flashlight does, so I don't think it's going to visually incapacitate someone.

As a bicycle rider, I know that there are a few malicious jerks out there. If you are doing anything the least unusual (like riding a bike in the winter or flying at night), they may take it as a license to abuse you. But there are only a few of them, and, IMHO, you weren't doing anything wrong.

I've been shouted at many times, and attacked once. Then there was the car tailing me as I pedalled in the middle of nowhere at night. And the egg thrown at me as I walked over a bridge. Only little pieces of it hit me, but it really stung. A 30 mph throw from a 50 mph car will do that. None of this with RC yet, but I suppose it's only a matter of time.

If you want, stand further from the road. But don't feel what happened is your fault in any way

P.S. Ever think of putting the lights inside the foam so the whole aircraft glowed? Cooling might be an issue, I suppose.
Wow, putting the lights inside is next in my list then! I bought 15 feet of blue and clear leds from eBay for $14 for both and I have more than enough of leds to do whatever I want

I know that the bike riding was just an example, but I have been riding my bike no matter if its summer or winter for my whole life now. I'm a freshman in college now and I'm living home which is 10 minute bike ride from campus so I ride for 20mins-1hour a day, 5 days a week.
Just last week some person at me from a car telling me that I was doing great job with the hand signals. Just a simple thing like that made my day
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo