HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:24 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ara25demayo View Post
maybe there is a balance because the 130 x is harder to fly but is small so it can be beaten up a lot more than the 450 but this one is easier to fly?
Looking at the two helis, the 130x isn't much cheaper than the 450. The 130x is flybarless, which is a more expensive option which is why it's priced just under the 450. Flybarless is kind of a luxury in my opinion. I personally would buy the 450, but that's just me. I don't mind and actually like mechanical flybars vs flybarless (electronic stability). Plus, the 450 is bigger, so you'll be able to keep track of it more while flying.

While the 130x has less parts, I feel the same amount of damage will be done to both helis in your average crash. As long as you kill power really fast, in most crashes the only thing you'll have to replace on both are blades, main shaft, maybe feathering shaft, and the actual flybar on the 450 (usually pretty cheap).

Here's a flybar vs. flybarless (FBL) discussion you might want to take a look at, good points from different sides. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1703012
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Last edited by finguz; Aug 16, 2012 at 01:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:56 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
maybe there is a balance because the 130 x is harder to fly but is small so it can be beaten up a lot more than the 450 but this one is easier to fly?
There are many people that insist the small flybarless helis are lots easier to fly. My experience is they certainly are easier to start to fly. They don't have the intimidation factor, you don't worry much about damage and the directness of the response and stability are very reassuring. I was never a fan of flybarless systems in the past, but I'm sold on them now.

With respect to damage, I've never crashed a 450 that didn't require replacing feathering shaft, blades, flybar or some combination of these things. I've crashed a Genius and MCPx more times than I can count and have yet to replace any of those things. I've broken a few tail rotors on each, but that costs about $1 and takes 10 seconds to fix. Of course the tail of the 130X will be more complicated and less durable.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Aug 16, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 03:15 PM
México, MOR, Jiutepec
Joined Oct 2011
350 Posts
well i think ill be geting the 130x due i have no much space of training i have a backyard of about 10 m x 5m and in my rc club they dont have a suface good for training
ara25demayo is offline Find More Posts by ara25demayo
Old Aug 16, 2012, 03:46 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,365 Posts
Quote:
well i think ill be geting the 130x due i have no much space of training i have a backyard of about 10 m x 5m and in my rc club they dont have a suface good for training
Cool, good luck man.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:03 PM
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Aug 2012
207 Posts
I have the 130x the mcpx and the nano. I thought the 130 was more reactive but then I found the settings for the other two were way too low. once I fixed them I found the 130x is easier to fly and smoother. so far at least one bad landing and usually two or three per flight and it is fine. landing in a field as long as I hit TH it is fine.
fooferdoggie is offline Find More Posts by fooferdoggie