SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:17 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
New video flying in fall.
FPVDM v1.5 Tricopter FPV in the Fall (4 min 1 sec)
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:37 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Wow...

How do you like your Dragon Link?

I've been following the Dragon Link thread (Yippee! Dragon Link - New Version 2 High Quality, High Performance, Long Range UHF RC system)...

There's a slew of negative posts. A bunch folks having issues with binding and complaining about their customer service.
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:54 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
I've never had a problem with my Dragonlink I love it its the best UHF in my opinion! I recommend it to everyone.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:52 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Quote:
I've never had a problem with my Dragonlink I love it its the best UHF in my opinion! I recommend it to everyone.
Man! I've been dropping major cash on this hobby. I need stay away from RCG for awhile.

Tsk, tsk. You got me into ordering a Dragon Link.

Have to study now for the HAM license...
Old Nov 02, 2012, 04:14 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
Man! I've been dropping major cash on this hobby. I need stay away from RCG for awhile.

Tsk, tsk. You got me into ordering a Dragon Link.

Have to study now for the HAM license...
Lmao that's great! You won't regret the dragon link its awesome! How's your tri comin along?
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:56 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Dragon Link Installation to the FPVDM

Hey flohio,

I just got my Dragon Link today.

Can you post photos of how you installed the Dragon Link receiver and antenna to the FPVDM?

Thanks!
LG
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:11 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
I'll have to post pics this weekend. I have a custom short antenna though. My antenna is only like 5-6 inches long then it has the v part.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:31 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
Tricopter FPV in cemetery + crash!
Tricopter FPV in a (Cemetery) with crash! (4 min 6 sec)
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:25 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
How did that tree crash break all those components?

It didn't look like it hit the tree that hard.

How tall was the tree?

This reminds of the time when I got my plane stuck on the very top of a tree. The good thing was it wasn't a pine tree. The tree had branches along its side that I can climb on. I was a bloody mess when i came down with the plane though. My  face, arms, and legs were bloody and clothes torn from scraping them against tree branches and twigs.

The things we do for this hobby.  
Last edited by LittleG; Nov 14, 2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:08 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
@littleG I was flying petty fast fwd prob 30mpg the frame was perfectly fine though gotta love how strong it is
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:30 PM
Joined Mar 2012
34 Posts
Servo placement?

Hi guys,
Finally getting to finish my build. I was stuck for a while because the spacers I had for the motor cage were too high. Luis sent me some new ones so I now have all that sorted. I have a few quick questions and hope you guys can help me out so I can get this frame up in the air.
1: I haven't seen any close up shots of how the servo is mounted/attached to the rear boom. Can someone attach a pic to illustrate this for me please?
2: I presume all the main wiring, etc is to be kept to the 'top plate' of the frame and that the FC is mounted to the bottom plate?
3:flohio117 - I see you are using CC FC. I have the CC3D that I will be using with this frame - would you mind sharing your settings?

I am using the FM 4008 motors, Master Airscrew props, and F30a flashed ESCs on my build.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.
ArnhemAnt is offline Find More Posts by ArnhemAnt
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:21 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
Hey dude I'm not using the cc3d and I have the old gcs not the new one that has the cc3d stuff. So my settings won't help you honestly. I've setup a new gcs station and anew CC for my friend on his computer and tried to copy the settings of mine and they were way off so my advice is to start with the basic settings and tune from there. I actually have 2 cc3d and there still brand new I havnt had a chance to put them on anything yet :/

To mount the yaw servo all you have to do is take some 3m tape and put it on the top of the servo where it will mount to the bottom of the yaw assembly and make sure the link is straight up and down with the servo horn. then just stick it on and bam that's it.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Hey dude I'm not using the cc3d and I have the old gcs not the new one that has the cc3d stuff. So my settings won't help you honestly. I've setup a new gcs station and anew CC for my friend on his computer and tried to copy the settings of mine and they were way off so my advice is to start with the basic settings and tune from there. I actually have 2 cc3d and there still brand new I havnt had a chance to put them on anything yet :/

To mount the yaw servo all you have to do is take some 3m tape and put it on the top of the servo where it will mount to the bottom of the yaw assembly and make sure the link is straight up and down with the servo horn. then just stick it on and bam that's it.
Thanks man,
I will give the servo mount a go. I usually work better with images but what you have explained seems to make sense.
No probs with the CC3D settings. I am still playing with PID settings for one of my other tricopters. It is amazing just how much the flight characteristics differ between each frame.
ArnhemAnt is offline Find More Posts by ArnhemAnt
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:03 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnhemAnt View Post
Thanks man,
I will give the servo mount a go. I usually work better with images but what you have explained seems to make sense.
No probs with the CC3D settings. I am still playing with PID settings for one of my other tricopters. It is amazing just how much the flight characteristics differ between each frame.
Yeah each frame is very different lol and let me know how it goes its pretty straight fwd lol.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:20 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Yaw assembly

These photos were posted on post#61.

I do better with photos also. I hope they help