SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:36 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
I know that video had enough jello to feed my girls and the neighborhood kids; hence, the title of the video: "Episode 7: EMS Chase (Jello Galore)"...

That video was made before I made all the adjustments, i.e. relocating the battery directly below the GoPro camera.

I'll attempt to shoot a jello-free video with the current setup this weekend to show everyone.

Watch the video below. It was my very first video when I just got the GoPro 2 camera. No jello whatsoever...

Episode 1: First Video Recording with GoPro Hero2 (3 min 1 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
LittleG there is tons of jello man :/ mine is very nice video. And I shoot in 1080p @ 30fps. I think you should really try out a different prop maybe even motors I'm not sure. I can only vouch for my setup. I let my friend fly my tri today so he could compare it to his tri and he couldn't believe how stable mine was compared to his. He's using rc timer motors and a kk2 board and once his motors get to a certain rpm the vibe is crazy. I use nx4008 motors there very good. I've never used the dt750s but if I was you I'd hold your frame in one hand and spin each prop by hand and see if you can feel the vibes from that. Your video shouldn't be like that.
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:54 AM
Newnan, GA
Joined Oct 2002
2,087 Posts
Great Video. The fist pumping and dancing were hilarious! The video itself looked great.

Some of my best videos and stills have come when I simply slap the camera on a big piece of velcro and hang it on the copter somewhere. I have spent hundreds of dollars worth of carbon and fancy mounting pieces with servos all around for keeping the camera stabilized and it resulted in blurry, crappy shots and video.
Matt Chester is online now Find More Posts by Matt Chester
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:56 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Chester View Post
...Some of my best videos and stills have come when I simply slap the camera on a big piece of velcro and hang it on the copter somewhere. I have spent hundreds of dollars worth of carbon and fancy mounting pieces with servos all around for keeping the camera stabilized and it resulted in blurry, crappy shots and video.
+1 on that. Every time I try some vibration absorbing setup, foam, moon gel, etc, I always ended up with jello vs no jello. When I solid mount my GoPro 3M double-sided tape (in either its case or a home made case) I'm pretty much jello free.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:48 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,672 Posts
Well guys my Tricopter will be down for about a day bc I had my 1st wreck with it today I ran into a tree at about 25 ft up. I broke my cloverleaf antenna, 2booms, 2props, my prop afampter on 1 motor sheared off! The plastic servo arm broke. Oh and it even broke my team blacksheep EZosd but the frame survived if I did that with another frame I would have no frame left lol. I guess I'll be ordering some new Fpv gear soon :/. I'll work on editing the video and getting it up soon.
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:03 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Well guys my Tricopter will be down for about a day bc I had my 1st wreck with it today I ran into a tree at about 25 ft up. I broke my cloverleaf antenna, 2booms, 2props, my prop afampter on 1 motor sheared off! The plastic servo arm broke. Oh and it even broke my team blacksheep EZosd but the frame survived if I did that with another frame I would have no frame left lol. I guess I'll be ordering some new Fpv gear soon :/. I'll work on editing the video and getting it up soon.
Sorry that you wrecked. It happens to the best of us. We all had our fair share.

You have photos of the wreckage. People love to see photos. I know I do.

We need more photos in this thread as it makes more an interesting read and adds excitement.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:42 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
+1 on that. Every time I try some vibration absorbing setup, foam, moon gel, etc, I always ended up with jello vs no jello. When I solid mount my GoPro 3M double-sided tape (in either its case or a home made case) I'm pretty much jello free.

Can you post photos of how you mounted the GoPro with 3M double-sided tape?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:25 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
Can you post photos of how you mounted the GoPro with 3M double-sided tape?
The tape I'm using is similar to the ones on the GoPro mounts...just not as wide so I have to run a couple of pieces. I just made a case from lite-ply that the GoPro slides in to. The case is double-sided taped to the frame. This method has worked the best for me in getting rid of jello...of course I also balance my props, but have never balanced a motor. This thread has some pics of a small hex with home-made case taped to the frame...plus a quick little video of it flying through some tree branches: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1607435
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:59 PM
Newnan, GA
Joined Oct 2002
2,087 Posts
Quote:
Sorry to hear that. It happens to everyone. Its inevitable I think. Hope you get it back in the air soon.
Matt Chester is online now Find More Posts by Matt Chester
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:03 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Quote:
This is a good time to do the build log .
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:28 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,672 Posts
Quote:
This is a good time to do the build log .
Lmao I rebuilt it and forgot so I guess I'll just make a video of my setup.. One of my motor shafts is bent though hopefully they sell replacements.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:01 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,672 Posts
here you lil G heres a video i made to help you and others. the wind was blowing 18mph and look how good it flew lol.
FPVDM V1.5 Tricopter build explanation with test flight for customer. (8 min 12 sec)
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:20 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Thanks for posting the video.

I wonder who's that ONE person he is referring to - ME.

I'll be upgrading the motors to NX4008 per your recommendation, but Hobby King has them back ordered right now.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:06 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,672 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for posting the video.

I wonder who's that ONE person he is referring to - ME.

I'll be upgrading the motors to NX4008 per your recommendation, but Hobby King has them back ordered right now.
Lmao yeah that one person was u lol. I didn't say names so your safe

Get fpv.com has nx4008's in stock that's where I get mine. I also recommend you upgrade your props aswell. Cheap props are no good.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:05 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
NX-4006-530kv Brushless Quadcopter Motor

fpvmanual is out of stock of the NX-4008.

Hobby King has this motor, NX-4006-530kv Brushless Quadcopter Motor. Are they comparable to the NX-4008?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:15 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,672 Posts
Quote:
fpvmanual is out of stock of the NX-4008.

Hobby King has this motor, NX-4006-530kv Brushless Quadcopter Motor. Are they comparable to the NX-4008?
No that kv is really low. I've never used those.