HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:03 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
new video Heres what a flight looks like with a bunch of brown outs and a crasl landing in someones yard! check out how i get out of the yard

please thumbs up if you like it!

http://youtu.be/j7_FRTyW2zU
Only a FOOL would risk peoples safety and possibly property damage and do what you did.
You are the type that will RUIN this hobby.
How would you feel if you hit that little girl you were flying around????????
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:05 PM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
Yah, you're right that was some crazy flying, especially when the first brown out occurred on top of the trees. I was scared for you. I'm flabbergasted how you were able to recover from it remarkably or else it would have been an arduous search and rescue.

You're tempting me with this FPV Dream Machine airframe... Must resist the force.
yeah man it was a crazy flight indeeed! get the frame i guaruntee it will be the best frame youve ever bought. i flew the crap out of the 1.3 then i told luis what needed to be fixed then i flew the crap out of 1.4 and we made some more changes all untill it was perfect. this tricopter was built to be the best hands down. this thing is in a whole other league than the other tricopters on the market today like example fpvmanuals, rcexplorer, multiwii. those are the very tiny tris with no room. i have had over 50 fpv flights with my fpv manuals frame and man that thing was cramped there was zero space. the fpvdm has tons of space and im using 1.3ghz vid gear on it insstead of crappy 5.8ghz that would barely fit on my fpvmanuals frame. I dont get any money for any frames that Luis (owner of myrcbuild.com) sells i was simply the tester and half developer. the frame is a great price and its super strong so chances of you breaking anything would be limited to a boom or prop. trust me while i was beta testing i crashed alotttttt lol. if you buy a different tri frame i can pretty much promise you every time you crash youd be breaking more than a prop or boom.
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:19 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,532 Posts
Quote:
yeah man it was a crazy flight indeeed! get the frame i guaruntee it will be the best frame youve ever bought. i flew the crap out of the 1.3 then i told luis what needed to be fixed then i flew the crap out of 1.4 and we made some more changes all untill it was perfect. this tricopter was built to be the best hands down. this thing is in a whole other league than the other tricopters on the market today like example fpvmanuals, rcexplorer, multiwii. those are the very tiny tris with no room. i have had over 50 fpv flights with my fpv manuals frame and man that thing was cramped there was zero space. the fpvdm has tons of space and im using 1.3ghz vid gear on it insstead of crappy 5.8ghz that would barely fit on my fpvmanuals frame. I dont get any money for any frames that Luis (owner of myrcbuild.com) sells i was simply the tester and half developer. the frame is a great price and its super strong so chances of you breaking anything would be limited to a boom or prop. trust me while i was beta testing i crashed alotttttt lol. if you buy a different tri frame i can pretty much promise you every time you crash youd be breaking more than a prop or boom.
As much as I want to get one, I have to save up for a GoPro 2 camera first before getting another tricopter frame since I already have fpvmanuals tricopter frame.

Perhaps I can ask Santa for it this Christmas.
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Quote:
As much as I want to get one, I have to save up for a GoPro 2 camera first before getting another tricopter frame since I already have fpvmanuals tricopter frame.

Perhaps I can ask Santa for it this Christmas.
Dude my fpv manuals frame isn't even put together anymore everytime it hit the ground so much broke and I hate how you have to drill those stupid side slices for the mount screws. That frame is just ok and really to me should just be used for line of site flying with just z gopro on it. Bc anymore than that and there's no room. I have a full kit most of it's brand new accept the motor mounts and yaw system. Everything else is still in the packaging if you want it for spare parts it's yours for $70
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:48 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,532 Posts
Quote:
Dude my fpv manuals frame isn't even put together anymore everytime it hit the ground so much broke and I hate how you have to drill those stupid side slices for the mount screws. That frame is just ok and really to me should just be used for line of site flying with just z gopro on it. Bc anymore than that and there's no room. I have a full kit most of it's brand new accept the motor mounts and yaw system. Everything else is still in the packaging if you want it for spare parts it's yours for $70
I agree with you about the grooves that have to be made on the booms for fpvmanuals tricopter frame. They are a pain to make. No offense, but I rather put that $70 towards the FPV Dream Machine if I decide to get one.

Once I get the GoPro2, I'll start saving up for the FPVDM.

In fact, I just put up my Realflight 6 simulator for sale, so I can get some money to pay for the GoPro 2. In case you're interested or anyone following this thread, here's the link to its classified ad.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:44 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Yeah a fpvdm is better lol. And I'm about to put my sim up for sale aswell . I think a gopros are like $225 now so they have deff cheepend up.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:00 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,532 Posts
Suggestion for the landing gear

Is there way the landing gear can be made so that they are mounted forward as oppose to being mounted along the boom?

Here's a photo of my fpvmanual tricopter. The landing gear is made of the PVC pipe. They are just clamped with aluminum strips, bolts, and nuts. Do you see how I mounted them? I mounted them, so that they are facing forward instead of along the booms (i.e sideways).

To me, they're more appealing to look at this way...

And you're right, no much room for anything.
Last edited by LittleG; Sep 14, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:50 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Is there way the landing gear can be made so that they are mounted forward as oppose to being mounted along the boom?

Here's a photo of my fpvmanual tricopter. The landing gear is made of the PVC pipe. They are just clamped with aluminum strips, bolts, and nuts. Do you see how I mounted them? I mounted them, so that they are facing forward instead of along the booms (i.e sideways).

To me, they're more appealing to look at this way...

And you're right, no much room for anything.
They look better your way but man I can't believe I ever flew that frame FPV lol
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:51 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,532 Posts
Can the motor cage of FPVDM protect DT750 motors or does it only protect certain type of motors?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:25 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Omm I'm sure you could just use bigger extensions and it would work. I'll ask Luis later n see.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:15 AM
FPV nut
Sorrento, FL
Joined Nov 2010
703 Posts
Just got my DM frame in yesterday. WOW! This thing is sweet. Solid as a rock and it looks mean as hell. I can't wait to fly it.
traderdmb is offline Find More Posts by traderdmb
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:06 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,532 Posts
Stop tempting me...
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:08 PM
FPV nut
Sorrento, FL
Joined Nov 2010
703 Posts
You will not be disappointed. I'll post pictures when it's it's done.
traderdmb is offline Find More Posts by traderdmb
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderdmb View Post
You will not be disappointed. I'll post pictures when it's it's done.
So you bought one this makes me happy I hope you like the product after all of Luis and my development into this awesome frame . I fly mine atleast every other day.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:07 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,532 Posts
Motor Cage and Landing Gear

Quote:
Omm I'm sure you could just use bigger extensions and it would work. I'll ask Luis later n see.
Have you asked Luis if the motor cage will fit a DT750 motor?

Also, how long did you make the arms of the FPVDM v1.5 shown in the video you made?

I've been following this thread here and on FPVLab.com... A couple members of the FPVLab.com members (RootCanalGuy and Airbagit) had trouble installing the landing gear, they ended up sanding a groove in the booms to make them fit.