HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:02 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyboy View Post
I just ordered one today. I really like the amount of room. By the way, I have the 4008's on a FPV Manuals Tricopter and after 1 hour, 4 magnets became loose ( never even warm from running), and another feels like the bearings are already bad. I will not buy them again. You will like the DragonLink. I have gone 3 miles from inside my house still showing 45% RSSI.

Bob
Holy crap man idk what's up with everyone's motors misbehave been fine and have tons amdi mean tons of flights. I run 4s and 10 inch props motors are always cool!
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:24 AM
United States, AK, Wasilla
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
Maybe the newer motors are different. When did you buy yours? I have some Tiger motor 4006's on my QAV500 and they are in a different league as far as quality ( should be for 80 each :-) ) Any ideas on another good 4 s motor for this Tricopter?
hobbyboy is offline Find More Posts by hobbyboy
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:37 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
Holy F*** $80 each jeeeeeze I don't have that kinda money lol. Hmm maybe if I sella kidney I ought mine like back in April I think. What FC is in your qav500 I just got done building my iconic x with the cc3d but I'm still having tuning issues :/
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:25 AM
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
Sent you a PM
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:44 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
I flew the FPVDM with the DL system and got a lot of video interference, which I didn't get when I was flying with 2.4ghz...

Flohio, did you experience this with your DL system and 1.3ghz FPV system?

I did have the camera wires right next to the DL antenna. I thought this might be causing the noise, so I relocated the position of the DL antenna. I will test it in the morning. I hope the interference goes away.
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:53 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
post deleted
Last edited by LittleG; Dec 16, 2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:56 AM
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
I fly with 1.3 and my DL. Do you have a SAW filter on your receiver for 433? It is common to have issues with some 1.3 receivers and 433. Here is what I use and I can stand one foot from the receiver and my DL transmitter.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1020
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:13 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
I don't think mine has the saw filter installed. I have the cheaper one, it costs $49.99.

Do you think I can order one of these high pass filter?
Last edited by LittleG; Dec 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:30 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
FPVDM Design Enhancement Recommendation

If I can make a recommendation to enhance the design of the FPVDM, is to have the arms fold flush along the side of the main frame. I think this was also mentioned in the review video (made by someone else) that I posted previously.

This way it could be easily packed in a container like in the picture shown below.

This portable tricopter and container were scratch built by Aleg. IMO, he is by far the best scratch builder I've seen here in rcgroups.

If you ever get the chance, check out some of his build logs.
Last edited by LittleG; Dec 16, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:47 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
@littleG my video rx's have saw filters in them so I'm fine. As far as making the FPVDM fold more honestly if we extended the parts where the arms would bolt on to allow them to swing more to the outside the frame would be able to flex really easy. Also I'd like to let people know that I'm not the maker of the FPVDM (Luis) I was simply the beta tester and part designer. This frame is honestly as good as its going to get for a while. Reason being is Luis and I are busy doing other things and don't have time to sit and make adjustments to each frame for every single person to like. Easiest way put is there no such thing as perfect! What's perfect to me isn't perfect to everyone else. Luis is a very busy person and honestly I know is done messing with designs for a while he's been doing ap work, his regular job ,and making the frames. Idk how he does it all lol! For now if you guys want a foldable frame may I suggest the rc explorer frame lol. JK but sorry guys no more adjustments to the frame. Also I don't get paid any money from any amount of frame that Luis sells. So I help out as much with questions etc. since I partly designed it but remember (I don't get paid) . As I'm sure you can tell from my videos I fly a lot of different platforms. Honestly I don't even know how I have time lol. Anyways I hope this helps.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:58 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
flohio,

You should look into the APM 2.5 as the flight controller for the FPVDM.

It supports tricopter platform, and it has all the features of the Naza and much more. The features like return-to-launch, loiter, auto-landing, and autopilot.

Also, the cost is half the price of a Naza.

I just ordered one, can't wait to use it with my FPVDM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:01 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
flohio,

You should look into the APM 2.5 as the flight controller for the FPVDM.

It supports tricopter platform, and it has all the features of the Naza and much more. The features like return-to-launch, loiter, auto-landing, and autopilot.

Also, the cost is half the price of a Naza.

I just ordered one, can't wait to use it with my FPVDM.
I just heard about it. It sounds very interesting. I'm just wondering how hard it is to tune and setup.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:15 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
It shouldn't be any harder to setup than the OP Copter Contol.

It will probably be easier to setup, check out the Flitetest video review of it.

At least for me, APM 2.5 will really make the FPVDM a real "dream machine" and the game changer since the APM 2.5 can be configured to fly missions, using waypoints.

Just imagine, have the FPVDM take off, activate the autopilot to fly a mission, sit there and enjoy the flight through FPV.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:16 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
It shouldn't be any harder to setup than the OP Copter Contol.

It will probably be easier to setup, check out the Flitetest video review of it.

At least for me, APM 2.5 will really make the FPVDM a real "dream machine" and the game changer since the APM 2.5 can be configured to fly missions, using waypoints.

Just imagine, have the FPVDM take off, activate the autopilot to fly a mission, sit there and enjoy the flight through FPV.
Autopilot systems are cool but I didn't get into FPV for something else to flt for me lol. I will still fly it myself and just use the return to home function incase I loose video. Sounds cool though.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:44 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Autopilot systems are cool but I didn't get into FPV for something else to flt for me lol. I will still fly it myself and just use the return to home function incase I loose video. Sounds cool though.
I totally agree with you.

At least, we have the option of the autopilot.