HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
brookstone silver bullet helicopter lower blades won't turn

I've crashed my brookstone silver bullet helicopter and the lower blades won't turn. The upper blades turn fine, but no take off. Does anyone have a clue as to how to fix this? Thanks!
Nashville_Guitar is offline Find More Posts by Nashville_Guitar
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Nov 2011
777 Posts
Can you turn the lower blades by hand? Co-ax helis have 2 motors, one for each pair of blades. Check the motor wires and solder connections. More than likely you broke one of those. If the lower blades won't turn by hand then you likely broke a gear somewhere in there.
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:18 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,644 Posts
Take it back. They'll swap it out for a new one. Brookstone is great with their warranty.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
Pull off the motor cover (3 screws on the bottom)...there are two white plastic gears in there independent of each other...in your case, the upper master gear (the small one that turns the large one), has slipped down its shaft...simply push it back down till it meshes with its slave. (the large one) reassemble, then attempt to fly the copter good luck mine won't fly for $#IT
Plasticjungle is offline Find More Posts by Plasticjungle