HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:06 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
928 Posts
Discussion
Frustrated with Revolectrix/FMA Customer Service / Warranty Service

I have been dealing with Horizon and Hitec Customer Service/ Warranty for years now, and they have set the bar, as you all know.

After buying 2 PL8s, 2 PL6s, and multiple adaptors/connectors, one of my "safe parallel charge" adaptors (1 of 4 that I have, purchased at the same time) smoked after plugging a battery in (board burned). I mailed it in, and got an email back saying only 3 months warranty. Purchased it 4-5 months ago. Clearly, it was a hardware failure, and really shocked that they don't support a replacement.
teryn1 is offline Find More Posts by teryn1
Last edited by teryn1; Aug 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 03:53 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
928 Posts
Last edited by teryn1; Aug 16, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:59 PM
Chicago 'burbs
Joined May 2006
1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teryn1 View Post
UPDATE: Cindy Marks mentioned in an email to me that safe-charging parallel adaptor boards "wear quickly". Since the warranty is only 3 months, it seems that they are not expected to last more than that. $17 (with shipping) for an adaptor that is expected to last less than a half a year (?)
Well it is a PITA, but it was out of warrantee.

Wearing means you plug things in and out a lot.
Alan Hahn is offline Find More Posts by Alan Hahn
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:13 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
928 Posts
Thanks.... yes, I understand. Her comments about "wearing" was just an attempt to placate - and it does work for most people. I have a lot of respect for their products and technical ingenuity. But a $12 adaptor from a reputable company should be covered more than 3 months when clearly it was a hardware failure. All they had to do is inspect it to see that.
Last edited by teryn1; Aug 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:01 PM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Thanks.... yes, I understand. Her comments about "wearing" was just an attempt to placate - and it does work for most people. I have a lot of respect for their products and technical ingenuity. But a $12 adaptor from a reputable company should be covered more than 3 months when clearly it was a hardware failure. All they had to do is inspect it to see that.
Yep I had an early dis-satisfaction with them myself after a recent purchase. Love their products but I cant recommend them. Messed up...........
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:11 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
928 Posts
Wow. interesting to hear that I am not the only one....
Last edited by teryn1; Aug 16, 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:43 PM
too cheap to be a Plus user
USA, WA, Richland
Joined Nov 2009
1,283 Posts
Quote:

Has anyone else had issues with Safe Parallel adaptor boards failing within a short amount of time?
No issues. I have multiple PL8's, and 16+ SP adapter boards. I use balance extensions on all my adapter boards to make connecting / disconnecting easier.

Doug B.
dougbo is offline Find More Posts by dougbo
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:55 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
928 Posts
OK, thanks for your input
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:49 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
928 Posts
issue resolved

This issue has been resolved. FMA agreed to inspect the board, and provided me with possible causes of failure.

This has helped them eliminate this as a production issue, and helps me understand how I could have caused the failure myself. However, for this incident, no specific cause of failure was determined.

Like I have learned in the past, talking to the right people is the key. Thank you to Jamie Marks for his patience with all of this.
Closed Thread