SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Daedalus66, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:13 PM
AP-stick
Montreal
Joined Nov 2005
1,627 Posts
hello... nice built details... i see you have a lower hatch fot aileron +rudder servo... no
leak yet ? fiber tape keep up ? i also plan to do this thanks to share with us
ggtronic is offline Find More Posts by ggtronic
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:27 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,267 Posts
hey anyone work on making the hatch more watertight? I have done the following with mine: built up a rim around the hole and then made a hatch lid over the rim to hopefully shed water better. Will also do the silicone+saran wrap trick to make it seal even tighter. I am just using elastics for now. What glue do you use for the magnets?

Put my servos on top of the aft fuse and added grease to the gears to repel water entry, maybe add a splash guard over them also.

BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:34 PM
AP-stick
Montreal
Joined Nov 2005
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
hey anyone work on making the hatch more watertight? Put my servos on top of the aft fuse and added grease to the gears to repel water entry, maybe add a splash guard over them also.
REALLY like your hatch i use rubber band in most of my battery
hold (dont like velcro)

i had one flip over : need to access servo anyway ... water always find its way so exposed servo is a good idea for easy maintemance & exchange

dont forget the ESC cooling ...
ggtronic is offline Find More Posts by ggtronic
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:04 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,267 Posts
ESCs - always seems to be a big concern with the Polaris. I presume because of the high Kv? Or is it because of the very long motor leads? Partly why I did not order the Modelaero ESC, and found my own which looks like it should run cooler. I will also run a separate BEC to keep ESC heat down. But most of my planes have the ESC stuffed inside - just my FPV planes have them in airflow. This big heavy HK ESC has a pretty large heat sink on it, and we have a cool climate here also. Will do some testing today on ESC heat.

Love the RCAF targets. I just got a bunch more myself, and will stick em on soon (My Zeph has them also)
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:16 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,267 Posts
painted er up. look kinda familiar?