LM.
Here you go: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-63732.html
Size= 20mm X 30mm.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Those UDI batteries seem nice. I can't find them at BG. They have a 240 mah battery for around $3 though.

Do you know how physically wide those batteries are?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 01:28 AM
United States
Joined Mar 2006
2,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Nice job on the very inexpensive quad build!! I started on the V929 but rarely fly it anymore. I got sick of the arms twisting on me.

I'm in the Armattan camp - I'm on my third one now and I'm very happy with them. The first one was built for me by Chris. The second I ordered the DIY kit and assembled it myself. The third I just bought the M Frame and sourced my own parts. I would recommend these to anyone - I love flying them. I think I'm going to build a CNC 258 as my main acrobatic quad. I like the Armattan frames as they're really strong.

Anyway, I've also ordered a cheap plastic 450 frame off of banggood so I can build one up from there. I'm really a fan of the KK2 - but I think I'll try a multiwii on the plastic 450 and see what it's like in comparison. Most guys I've talked to say the KK2 is great for acrobatics, starters, etc. I'm an aggressive beginner planning to work into acrobatics this year and I think the KK2 will do the job.

My other desire is for FPV. If hobby king ever gets their FPV kits back in stock I'll pick one up and try it out. For that I might use the multiwii pro so I can try everything (GPS, barometer, magnetometer, programmable flights).
Thanks, I am also looking into the multiwii pro, with buddy code its $60, but i am more just learning to fly the quad's aggressively, Starting to work on pylon racing then work up to flips and rolls when the time comes, then maybe, just maybe later FPV. I looked hard at that very nice Armattan C258 but went with a HK F330 ($9) frame, same NTM 2826-1200kv 250w motors, KK2, F-30A simonk and 4S, should be fun.
--Oz-- is offline Find More Posts by --Oz--
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:53 AM
Joined Apr 2007
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz-- View Post
Thanks, I am also looking into the multiwii pro, with buddy code its $60, but i am more just learning to fly the quad's aggressively, Starting to work on pylon racing then work up to flips and rolls when the time comes, then maybe, just maybe later FPV. I looked hard at that very nice Armattan C258 but went with a HK F330 ($9) frame, same NTM 2826-1200kv 250w motors, KK2, F-30A simonk and 4S, should be fun.
Save yourself money in the long run and get yourself an armattan....HK 330 frames are ok..but arms break easily..youll gett bored keep changing arms everytime you hit the ground!!
symon is offline Find More Posts by symon
Old Mar 09, 2013, 05:12 AM
Joined Jun 2011
89 Posts
This might interest you!
it is more than 18$ just for the body, but itīs scratchbuildt and uses a V202 board with trim drifting isues ...
newer version will be about 4g lighter

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post24368880
heliluk is offline Find More Posts by heliluk
Old Mar 09, 2013, 06:44 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
LM.
Here you go: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-63732.html
Size= 20mm X 30mm.
Thanks! I'm going to give them a try.

Edit:
Hmmm, looking at the picture on BG and extrapolating the measurements from the JST connector it looks like it's actually around 23mm wide. That's too much for me, I need 20mm at absolute most. Is the picture inaccurate?
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Last edited by LittleMo; Mar 09, 2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:17 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,461 Posts
LM.
I used my digital calipers to measure the ones that they shipped to me. YMMV.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Thanks! I'm going to give them a try.

Edit:
Hmmm, looking at the picture on BG and extrapolating the measurements from the JST connector it looks like it's actually around 23mm wide. That's too much for me, I need 20mm at absolute most. Is the picture inaccurate?
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:27 AM
Israel
Joined Mar 2012
437 Posts
The design is very cool!
The thread says that the frame alone weighs 28.4g (or 24.4g is you are able to knock off 4g like you mentioned); I am having a hard time getting a 40g quad to fly with LB motors. Are the syma x1 strong enough to fly this?

Gil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliluk View Post
This might interest you!
it is more than 18$ just for the body, but itīs scratchbuildt and uses a V202 board with trim drifting isues ...
newer version will be about 4g lighter

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post24368880
gilcd85 is online now Find More Posts by gilcd85
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bixler FPV into the sunset
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:43 PM
Israel
Joined Mar 2012
437 Posts
Well I have rebuilt my quad with weight in mind. I've cut down everything I could think of:
- Replaced JST battery connectors to 2.54mm 2 Pin connectors
- Replaced center plates from wood to impregnated paper (works great by the way)
- Cut down m2m length to 26cm
- Cut down most of the thick end of the bamboo sticks (left just enough space to mount the motors)
- Cut length of wires
- Cut size of velcro surfaces for FC and battery

After all this I managed to get to cut down to 26g+7.8g battery=33.6g but the thing does not fly. If I give it full throttle and launch it in the air it sluggishly descends to the ground.

I reread the label on my props - they are QR Ladybird-Z-01. Are these the right ones?
I am really stomped as to how you guys could get these to weigh any less than 26g without battery

Thanks,
Gil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi G,
Yes those are fine and among he best performers in the micro quad arena.
The Walkera QR Ladybird weighs in at 25g minus the 8g lipo. Try to beat that total weight and you will be fine.
Cheers,
Jim
gilcd85 is online now Find More Posts by gilcd85
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bixler FPV into the sunset
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:16 PM
Gone with the Mistral
France, PACA, 13
Joined Jun 2012
70 Posts
My last airframe...

27g. Feels so much lighter than my previous ones (35g, 8g seems a lot here)
Got so much power reserve I limited THR (and modified the curve) on my er9X settings to stop hittin everything indoor.
ztoon13 is offline Find More Posts by ztoon13
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:27 PM
Will fly for food
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined May 2011
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztoon13 View Post
My last airframe...

27g. Feels so much lighter than my previous ones (35g, 8g seems a lot here)
Got so much power reserve I limited THR (and modified the curve) on my er9X settings to stop hittin everything indoor.
Why are the motor leads all wound up like that? Won't you save a gram or two by taking them straight out? Also, electrical losses would be less.
ilektron is offline Find More Posts by ilektron
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:32 PM
Joined Jun 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilcd85 View Post
The design is very cool!
The thread says that the frame alone weighs 28.4g (or 24.4g is you are able to knock off 4g like you mentioned); I am having a hard time getting a 40g quad to fly with LB motors. Are the syma x1 strong enough to fly this?

Gil.
the frame itself of 1mm microbody is about 12g with two lids
0.6mm will be about 8g.
Iīve just ordered more of the syma motors and have to wait fot them... the Hubsan/ladybird ones work fine.. but iīve just destroyed two of them.. open endcap problem ... couldnīt repair ... Motorsavers have to be integrated to that design in the next step.
heliluk is offline Find More Posts by heliluk
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:05 PM
Gone with the Mistral
France, PACA, 13
Joined Jun 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilektron View Post
Why are the motor leads all wound up like that? Won't you save a gram or two by taking them straight out? Also, electrical losses would be less.
Totally agree with that, but possible next plan is a bigger frame, so...the way I use them, they wont last long.
This is the 5th frame for this set of motors (got 2 of them), some were weak as glass, last one seems strong enough.
ztoon13 is offline Find More Posts by ztoon13
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:39 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,461 Posts
Hi Gil,
Your weight and build are fine now. The props are fine too. It should fly great. Are you sure the lipo is getting a full charge and is in good shape?
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilcd85 View Post
Well I have rebuilt my quad with weight in mind. I've cut down everything I could think of:
- Replaced JST battery connectors to 2.54mm 2 Pin connectors
- Replaced center plates from wood to impregnated paper (works great by the way)
- Cut down m2m length to 26cm
- Cut down most of the thick end of the bamboo sticks (left just enough space to mount the motors)
- Cut length of wires
- Cut size of velcro surfaces for FC and battery

After all this I managed to get to cut down to 26g+7.8g battery=33.6g but the thing does not fly. If I give it full throttle and launch it in the air it sluggishly descends to the ground.

I reread the label on my props - they are QR Ladybird-Z-01. Are these the right ones?
I am really stomped as to how you guys could get these to weigh any less than 26g without battery

Thanks,
Gil.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:16 PM
Will fly for food
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined May 2011
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztoon13 View Post
Totally agree with that, but possible next plan is a bigger frame, so...the way I use them, they wont last long.
This is the 5th frame for this set of motors (got 2 of them), some were weak as glass, last one seems strong enough.
Ah, that makes sense.
ilektron is offline Find More Posts by ilektron
Old Mar 10, 2013, 12:31 AM
United States
Joined Mar 2006
2,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by symon View Post
Save yourself money in the long run and get yourself an armattan....HK 330 frames are ok..but arms break easily..youll gett bored keep changing arms everytime you hit the ground!!
I really like it, but if I brake 27 HK F330 arms I would finally be ahead on price going with the C258 (although with that many crashes, the c258 would probably not be very straight), and if I am breaking that many arms on one quad, I am in the wrong hobby.

Whats the weight of the C258?, the F330 is 148g, the reason I ask is, I plan on pylon racing the F330 and weight becomes a factor, my current quad is a tank (440mm at 1.1Kg) but fly's fine, but not for pylon racing.
--Oz-- is offline Find More Posts by --Oz--