HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:51 PM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
455 Posts
SF, that's simply amazing!

"The diagonal diameter from front right motor center to back left motor center is 9mm. I still need to add some kind of canopy and some legs, but here are some pictures. Most of my inspiration came from reading this thread."

Perhaps you meant 9cm ?

Metric is indeed 2nd language for me, yet I guess I'm learning???? :-)
rc
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:59 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3,872 Posts
@siriusflier
Can you post some video with flying I want to see with Sigma X1 pcb and 9cm M2M, the quad is not wobbling.
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:54 AM
Gone with the Mistral
France, PACA, 13
Joined Jun 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier View Post
I used bic pens for booms because I wanted to be able to run motor wires inside and use the nylon elbows.
My next build will use wood to reduce weight an ease alignment and assembly.
Hi Sirius,
Had some questions for you:
Nylon elbows = where did they come from?
Wood = what do you plan to use? balsa?
ztoon13 is offline Find More Posts by ztoon13
Last edited by ztoon13; Jan 14, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:15 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Nov 2008
803 Posts
Hi all,
I have a small question for you. I have a Walkera Ladybird and i was wondering if I could replace the board with v939 board keeping other setup the same. I want to use my 9x with it.
nguyen.tran is offline Find More Posts by nguyen.tran
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:03 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,686 Posts
It should be simple, just keep the board orientation (arrow printed on PCB pointing forwards) and the motor polarity the same and you should be fine, I've managed to fit a tandem coaxial S026 with a V929 PCB so with the V939 being a mechanical clone of the ladybird it should be easy.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:37 AM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,554 Posts
ztoon13, The nylon elbow came from tractor supply, but I had to drill them to the size of the motors and booms I used. The wood I plan to use is cedar for the motor mounts(just scraps I have), and dowel rods from walmart, or bamboo chop sticks from a chinese restaurant Sorry took so long to reply. I figured out yesterday that the v929 motors weigh 5g, the syma x1 motors weigh 3.3g, so I could save almost 7grams by using x1 motors.

I don't know about the walkera or v939 boards, but the syma x1 board has no arrows to denote forward or motor rotation like the v929 boards do.
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:41 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Nov 2008
803 Posts
Has anyone tried to make an Hquad out of these components? I'm thinking of making one when my parts arrive
nguyen.tran is offline Find More Posts by nguyen.tran
Last edited by nguyen.tran; Jan 15, 2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:17 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,686 Posts
No one has yet but it's on my to do list, mine would need to be a H for the two bodies I plan to use.

Got parts in order for my next build,

[center]V939 PCB
£5.69
Hubsan X4 body
£3.99
Udi props (lets see I'd they are the rounded ones)
£0.77
4 x 7'20 ladybird/Hubsan motors
£6.72

Grand Total = £17.17 (just over 22USD)

And now to play the waiting game.....

This sucks I wanna play hungry hungry hippos!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:16 PM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
455 Posts
djd, do you think the 7mm cup motors are better deal than 2 6047 motor sets?

all from BG, right???

...what is 'hollow cup motor' ????? :-)

Tnx
rc
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:40 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2010
536 Posts
Came in around $26. H36 vitality board, 7mm hollow cup motors and UDI816 blades. Frame is bamboo skewer and foamcore. Motors are held on with amazing goop and motor distance diagonally is just under 9cm.
slim1357 is offline Find More Posts by slim1357
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:05 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty case View Post
djd, do you think the 7mm cup motors are better deal than 2 6047 motor sets?

all from BG, right???

...what is 'hollow cup motor' ????? :-)

Tnx
rc
I now see the 6043 motors are cheaper, I didn't [censored]ing see them till after I ordered.
I'll order a pair of the 6043 motors tomorrow to see how they measure up, weight and internal resistance etc, I've just started the topic of "electromagnetism, motors and transfer transformers" in college so this will be interesting.

"hollow-cup"? I think that is probably chinglish for coreless, after having a few of these motors break apart on me I've noticed that coreless means they have no solid core, the magnet is in the center, the shaft runs through it and the coil moves around it.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:25 PM
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
514 Posts
subscribed
Gadget-Geek is offline Find More Posts by Gadget-Geek
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:53 PM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
455 Posts
LOL
DJD, thanx for the translation! :-)

Gosh, your new class should be excellent, and this source of experiment material should be very helpful, and affordable for you!

...anyhow, I'm considering taking a razorblade to some PET beverage bottles that have long corners, to make motor booms and holders. I never tried re-purposing PET before, but it seems to be real big with the recycle crowd, and there is plenty of it generated here in the household.

'll need to find out if there is adhesive for it, or if it can be welded, like some other plastics.

Best
rc
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:33 PM
No place like cloud base......
United States, VT
Joined Aug 2012
444 Posts
Has anyone done this with MQx guts, but not geared? I have a 9X, but It would really be great to be able to build one for my DX6i, even if it's a little more pricey
SuperBarlow is offline Find More Posts by SuperBarlow
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:49 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,554 Posts
Ok, I have finished my third(and maybe final) attempt at a DIY micro quad. Using an X1 board and motors with mjx x100 props. mostly wood frame. Wobbled when I first tried it, but I did not have landing skids(legs) on it, so it was hard to get it level to initialize gyro. Put on legs, made sure it was on level surface, tested fairly stabe. Of course I crashed it, then the next time it wobbled again. Then I noticed one of the motors and its blades were a little out of alignment, so I am trying to get it lined up again. This one is 11cm M2M. Weighs about 30 or 31 grams. Cost about 21.50 not including labor(lots of it). It is a very interesting endeavor, also very challenging. Will try to get it to fly right, and post pictures and more info later.
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier