HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:10 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,621 Posts
After many struggles, finally I tested my V939/U816/Walkera hybrid hands free for one minute.V939 controller is frisky, need constant ail/ele tweeking,I think is sensitive to any air flow directions.
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:51 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
After many struggles, finally I tested my V939/U816/Walkera hybrid hands free for one minute.V939 controller is frisky, need constant ail/ele tweeking,I think is sensitive to any air flow directions.
Can't get any of my hybrids to "hands free" hover. They are so sensitive to changing CGs
I have to figure out which positions an directions of the Nanotechs are the best.
mystman is offline Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,621 Posts
Yes CG also.I pushed the batery along lenghtwise till the black plastic head.I found some good position moved the nanotech side to side across tranversally not longitudinally inside the batery holder.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:48 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
I observed sometimes there is a misunderstanding regarding quad M2M(diagonal) diameter size.So, is the size measured like in the picture below?
your diagram is off by 45deg as noted by jesolins. most full size copters are measured "diagonal" as you say but the diagram shows otherwise. ie diagonal means lower left to upper right not side to side so the quad shown is actually bigger than 17cm. and "diameter" refers to circle not square so picture quads rotating in the air not sitting on a side. its unfortunate some sellers make up their own method so the quad will look smaller or bigger than it really is depending on what they want. but there is a standard (hopefully).

as far as stationary hover i found the smaller frames less able than bigger ones but i can get hands off on all of them for a minute or so indoors. outside not a chance. even if you dont feel any breeze they will drift. like a balloon or blowing soap bubbles. i also found weight balance to be critical.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:02 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,621 Posts
Dave, I don't know when you've seen the diagram .The diagram was corrected many hours ago.It is positioned like that to show better what means M2M center size.
M2M center size=square diagonal length=diameter of the circle circumvolving the square.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/circumvolve
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by midelic; Nov 12, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:11 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Quest View Post
This time will it be worth getting a V929 instead of V939?
excellent build raj. i was wondering if balsa is practical and you have proven that. and i really like the way you attached the motors. not as permanent as glue but more solid than my thread/elastic version. i think i might try that so i can swap out different size motors easy.

the original v929 board was great but if the new 8 plug one i received is any indication they REALLKY SUCK. i flew a battery with the old board and then the new one and things went downhill as far as controllability. all of the v939 boards i tried worked much better. and they are about half as big too. so talkiing about parts list it seems like a good idea to change the v929 fc to v939. cheaper, smaller, and flies better.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:20 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Dave, I don't know when you've seen the diagram .The diagram was corrected many hours ago.It is positioned like that to show better what means M2M center size.
M2M center size=square diagonal length=diameter of the circle circumvolving the square.
circum whaaa???? lol!

hmmm.... i swear it was not the same a few minutes ago. maybe some caching going on. but definitely correct now. and im also very interested to see if theres any difference between the 720 motors. ive only bought one for thrust tests because they are so pricey. its definitely more powerful than my 716s but it will be interesting to see if one 720 differs from another. i may pick up more but will wait to see what others say before deciding which one to get.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:20 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,621 Posts
Raj,
How do you stick the canopy to the wooden arms?It is not clear from the photo.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:33 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
thanks for the dictionary link midelic. its my new word for the day. in fact i will probably be using it for the rest of the week. every chance i get. everybody who is circumvolving me around the classroom will be telling me to stop. haha!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,621 Posts
It is often used in mathematics geometry,math lingo.Some "leftover memory" from my youth.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by midelic; Nov 12, 2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:05 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
btw i just updated parts list with v939 board instead of v929 and while i was at it lower cost udi props. everybody happy now?

uh oh... looks like one person dont like rebinding every time. lol!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:17 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
btw i just updated parts list with v939 board instead of v929 and while i was at it lower cost udi props.
Somewhere didn't you mention that you had problems with the UDI props coming off in flight?

I have some that I put on and I almost couldn't get them off because they were stuck so well. But I haven't flight tested them (still waiting for V939 boards ). Did something change?
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:26 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,671 Posts
Looking good Raj!

I've had another idea for frame and/or motor mounting....

Solder on PCB mount fuse holder, I've seen these used to hold pager motors, a while ago I bought some to hold the motor of a 1/87 Rc coach I was building, it can have quite a firm grip on the motor and of course if a connector was used rite at the motor it would be able to pop off on impact.

I'm thinking about also making a PCB as a frame.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:28 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
btw i just updated parts list with v939 board instead of v929 and while i was at it lower cost udi props. everybody happy now?

uh oh... looks like one person dont like rebinding every time. lol!
I would not recommend the U816 props. They fly off easy aren't as stable as the LB props.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,621 Posts
I have Walkera props and after so many crashes I didn't manage to break them.
However U816 blades are cheaper.
RCG Plus Member