Payment sent. Thanks Dave!
installerblizz is offline Find More Posts by installerblizz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:25 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,669 Posts
Hey Dave, did you see if one of these chip could give me a servo signal from a V911/9958 tali motor output? any idea how much shipping would be to SA12 7PJ the uk would be?
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3,613 Posts
One improvement for installing V929 controller on V939 frame.I've eliminated the zip tie ,turned V939 main frame upside down ,and fixed on top sticky velcro.Mounted velcro also on V929 controller.I think this is a smart use for using V929 controller on V939 frame.It is easier to connect the batteries.Much,much better protection for batteries when crashing.Also more space at the bottom for installing an 808 camera in the future...See attached pics.
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by midelic; Oct 02, 2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3,613 Posts
Dave,
How much is the shipping to Europe for these converters?5USD+???shipping.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:19 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
One improvement for installing V929 controller on V939 frame.I've eliminated the zip tie ,turned V939 main frame upside down ,and fixed on top sticky velcro.Mounted velcro also on V929 controller.I think this is a smart use for using V929 controller on V939 frame.It is easier to connect the batteries.See attached pics.
excellent build. and again nice photography. easy to zoom on details. wish i could do that good. if you can please describe flying characteristics more. some guys in other threads complain and im even more curious how these hybrids seem to perform. what ive noticed is the lighter they are the more agile AND controllable. these do not have to be at odds.

and remember "no vid.. it didnt happen"

more specifically "no SHORT video uploaded to rcgroups gallery section in pc compatible format with brief description.... it didnt happen"

btw shipping to usa is $.45 and most international including uk $1.05. make sure it all gets to me because pp takes out 9% surcharge if credit card is used. looks like i got about a dozen little surprises to send out this weekend. an i may actually make a few dollars from what i though twere just a tube of wasted ics.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:33 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3,613 Posts
I used the V911 tx for controlling the quad but it is not suitable for this quad,it is twichy,it flips very easy the quad.It is hovering steady flat on throtle ,rudder tested good,but on elevon/aileron it's very very responsive ,flipping very easy.I'm waiting for a fly sky 6ch Tx ,I already ordered.
I'm using now 2x150mA-15C LIPO.If the quad is moving like that with battery 15C LIPO ,I wander how it will be with Turnigy nano 300MA-35-70C and less weight with 1.7grams(it's on the way...btw).......for example.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by midelic; Oct 02, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:09 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
Hey Dave, did you see if one of these chip could give me a servo signal from a V911/9958 tali motor output?
i didnt actually try it so idk. if the signal is similar to the other wlt copters it should work because those did test ok with "TheDave" converter. ill add that to my list of things to check.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:02 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
i didnt actually try it so idk. if the signal is similar to the other wlt copters it should work because those did test ok with "TheDave" converter. ill add that to my list of things to check.
Cool, I would like one anyway, $7 inc shipping (should cover the 9% charge) ok with you?

I need to have servo out on the tail out of a V911/9958 so I don't loose Yaw control on a 4ch heli project I'm planning.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:59 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
Cool, I would like one anyway, $7 inc shipping (should cover the 9% charge) ok with you?

I need to have servo out on the tail out of a V911/9958 so I don't loose Yaw control on a 4ch heli project I'm planning.
i was wondering what you were planning for that v911 or whatever heli gets that board. curiousity killed the cat... but satisfaction brought it back... ahhhh...

if you use credit card send $6.59 otherwise $6.05 if from your account. i use these numbers to find payments on pp. if theyre off it could cause a delay because the names on pp dont always match (ie im not actually rich). for domestic send $5.45 or $5 even respectively. also note the shipping is per order so guys like jim who got 4 dont send too much because that also makes it hard to find those payments. normally i dont mind getting extra cash but it can slow things down a few days just like being short. anyway thanks to everybody who ordered and ill get this next batch out in 2 days.
Last edited by dave1993; Oct 03, 2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: corrected math errors
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:16 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,669 Posts
PM with for shipping and info on my mystery heli build.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:24 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
got it dj. very interesting project and ill have to follow that thread.

to start the ball rolling pm your shipping address and ill reply with pp onfo. unfortunately with the limited rcg pm space i got to keep everything in one message. i check the pp account just before shipping to verify receipt. what with orders for rf meter diodes and avr chips for ct6 memory expander and core9x its hard to keep track. so i use rcg pm and the pp page as poor mans accounts rcvbl and gen ledger. i dont know how long that will last if i start an actual supply business. lol!
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:39 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,669 Posts
Given how long my 1/87 scale Rc coach thread has stood still I probably won't start a thread on it till I have the airframe assembled and some kind of link rod/pull-pull gut in tube system working.

If one of the above methods do not work I may need your services, could the same chip as the "DaveConverter" do the following.....

Read the centre pin of a pot (on the V911 board servo) and output a servo signal, in the PM mentioned project a pair of 1.5g servo would be much easier to implement.

Why this would mean for anyone else would be a way adding a pair of external servos to pitch and roll channels of such a heli board to be used in a plane or whatever

I'll send you a new PM with all the details for me to get a "DaveConverter" (could a custom Dave converter do two motor to PWM and two Servo POT to PWM?)

I'll send you a new
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:02 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
i corrected some math errors in post #474. midelic i got your pn and replied with total and pp info. dj, pm your shipping address and ill do the same. thanks guys.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:32 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,613 Posts
Dave,
Payment sent.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:49 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
hi nano,

i remember you posted in this thread earlier so ill reply in here because theres a pm overflow problem and also its an interesting question.

i assume youre talking about the pwm converter. a couple other "customers" also wanted to use it with ladybirds so i guess interest is not restricted to the diy quad. may work with udi, syma, mjx, and the rest too. i guess theres about a dozen variations at this point. probably a good idea for me to start a thread on it becasue afaik there has never been a 4 channel pwm converter before and i suspect there is a lot more to discuss on brushless conversion. until then ill continue here.

first of all atm its an ic, not a pc board. ive wired up a couple recently and used what they call "dead bug" method. this is by far the lightest way to do it which is very important on a micro quad. i also find it to be the quickest and easiest method too. not to mention cheapest. theres only one component (cap) and it tacks onto the vcc and gnd pins neatly. and its quite easy to put the leads on which is the only other soldering required. so all-in-all dead bug it a perfect fit here. i may consider designing a small board if theres interest.

its also important to mention that afaik nobody, including me, has actually upgraded any of these quads to bldc. not with any converter let alone "TheDave" one. considering how much TheSteve converters cost im not surprised. it triples or quadruples cost of one of these toy quads. if i can sell this one for a fraction of what those other converters cost it will help in that department. im also thinking there may be technical issues coming up that we do not anticipate at this time. engineering like this rarely goes without a hitch and we should remember the full size guys take weeks or months to finish their projects. and thats with lots of people going before. we are pioneering here. however i have a good feeling that these revolutionary new tiny fc boards are going to be a big advantage here. after working with kk technology i was surprised how easy this diy project went.

time will tell.

anybody who wants one (i got 3 left) pm your shipping address and ill reply with pp info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanobot9000
Been following yourthread along with all the walkera QR posts. I have an extra QR board and was thinking of making a tiny brushless quad with those tiny 2g motors from HobbyKing that I have laying around and instead of trying to find someone to flash some old ESCs to work with a brushed controller I saw your post.

Do you still have any of your custom boards available? And if so are they populated with parts or do I need to do that?
I am assuming I don't need a converter based on what I read.