HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3,492 Posts
sorry!
double post
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by midelic; Oct 01, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:39 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
sorry!
double post
And I hit next and came to this page for a double post? Hehe.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:02 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,959 Posts
Quote:
Tested and it's working beautifully very stable.
very cool looking. nice pics too.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:21 PM
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post

btw i had a chance to test the pwm converter this weekend and it seems to work just fine off both the v929 and v939 boards. i ran an ap02 and an ap03 using a 1 gram esc with 3 servos and response was smooth.
Excellent [evil grin].

Dave, PM me your paypal info and I will buy one of these from you asap. Can I have one with the cap installed?
installerblizz is offline Find More Posts by installerblizz
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:47 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,631 Posts
Quote:
Tested and it's working beautifully very stable.Unfortunatelly I don't have enough skills to play with .....enough for me to post some video...maybe later.
Looking good there mate, glad there are a couple of us coming to the end of first build at the same time.

Flight video soon?
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:49 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,631 Posts
Slightly bodged thrust test

The battery was failing, it's on charge now, the throttle cutout has seamed to stop (low battery maybe) might get some kind of maiden footage tonight, I'll see if I can use the sports hall in college tomorrow.†

DIY Foam quad thrust test (0 min 21 sec)
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:15 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Quote:
apparently you didnt write v9xx properly either. in sure you meant to say v929 not v939 props are too big.

and archilles, youre full of baloney saying you got v929 props to work dd. they are WAY too big and not only cook the motor but have very little lift. and no way would length of arm add 3 grams thrust or any at all for that matter.

for punishment we will all write "i wont make misteaks on rcg" 100x.
Dave you gotta read posts completely...
I said I got them as direct drive, never said they flew.. Of course you can connect a prop on the shaft.. The question is would it work.. And if u see from my post, i said the motor was heating up and I didn't think it would work (not a direct quote)

As for the length of arm add 3grams... I asked IF there was such a formula, and to clarify my question I gave an example of what I was looking for...

So I do wonder y you would insult me for asking a question, but perhaps it's a culture thing, and you don't mean to be rude. I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:42 PM
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
I have wondered what size prop could be driven directly off of the V929 motors. If such a prop existed it would allow V929 owners to borrow parts from their quads and only order props to build a whole new machine. 3" props maybe?
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:43 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
Dave you gotta read posts completely...
I said I got them as direct drive, never said they flew.. Of course you can connect a prop on the shaft.. The question is would it work.. And if u see from my post, i said the motor was heating up and I didn't think it would work (not a direct quote)

As for the length of arm add 3grams... I asked IF there was such a formula, and to clarify my question I gave an example of what I was looking for...

So I do wonder y you would insult me for asking a question, but perhaps it's a culture thing, and you don't mean to be rude. I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

well.... one might see where i got that impression:

Quote:
Nope I used the 929 props on the 929 motor, but converted to direct drive instead of geared, by inserting a small cf tube "adapter" on the shaft...
Quote:
So for example extending the length of the v929 booms by 3 cms and keeping e weight the me as the stock size boom would allow you to carry 3g more for example...
those did not appear to be questions. like that business with flysky rx having user failsafe its important to be careful what you say here. there are thousands of people attending and misinformation can cause trouble. could even be a safety issue like with the failsafe where human lives have been lost.

and yes, i often do mean to be rude. thats just me. but sometimes i fail and it somes out nice.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:55 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by installerblizz View Post
I have wondered what size prop could be driven directly off of the V929 motors. If such a prop existed it would allow V929 owners to borrow parts from their quads and only order props to build a whole new machine. 3" props maybe?
funny you should ask. i tried gws 3050 on 8.5mm pagers saturday and they ran way too hot for me and also had less lift than 2508. the quad props also had more lift. a lot depends on the battery you use too. selecting props is tricky. there is a perfect size and pitch for each particular motor and deviating from that reduces perfomance and lifetime. i had to trim the walkera lb props to work with my solar grasshopper pagers otherwise it would not even fly. also nice to match hub with shaft to make life easy.

personally i think your latest brushless shopping list looked pretty good. even v929 props might be a good match with those 10g motors. im trying to imagine a small quad like this with 10x more power. yikes!
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:55 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Quote:
Just another question about formulas.. Has anyone figured out if the length of the boom (and motor) affects the carrying weight capability of the quad in any way (if you could keep the weight of the longer boom the same as the shorter boom)

So for example extending the length of the v929 booms by 3 cms and keeping e weight the me as the stock size boom would allow you to carry 3g more for example...
U didn't see a question in the post where I say "just another question ..."?

For someone who means to be rude, you do come across as awfully short sighted. Anyway that's enough about this topic.
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:01 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,959 Posts
archilles, you need to read your own posts more carefully. specially before hitting the send button. and grow a thicker skin.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:07 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by installerblizz View Post
Dave, PM me your paypal info and I will buy one of these from you asap. Can I have one with the cap installed?
a few guys wanted some last week and i sent them out saturday which is the only day i have to do this stuff.. i got 14 left. 3 of them have the cap and one im holding on too has connectors for v939, and servos or escs. the rest are bare. ill sell off the ones i have for $5 plus shipping and will try to find out what the other fellow is doing for them. pm your shipping address and ill reply with the info.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
Quote:
a few guys wanted some last week and i sent them out saturday which is the only day i have to do this stuff.. i got 14 left. 3 of them have the cap and one im holding on too has connectors for v939, and servos or escs. the rest are bare. ill sell off the ones i have for $5 plus shipping and will try to find out what the other fellow is doing for them. pm your shipping address and ill reply with the info.
PM sent. I'd love one with the cap.

Edit - did you get it? Sent messages never appear in the "Sent" for some reason.
Last edited by installerblizz; Oct 01, 2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:13 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,959 Posts
yes, i got it and replied with info. also got pm from jim, paul, kelly, and "those who shall remain nameless". lol! surprising how many members surf and pm but never post. more than half are gone now but ill make sure to save a couple for those who mentioned they wanted one here earlier.

i did save one with cap for you.

i went over notes from that project and apparently theres some flexibility in things like frame rate. user can change some paramters in eeprom which control timing. it might be possible to set rate as fast as 490hz and as slow as 30hz if my docs are correct. iirc they come set for 4ms (250hz) which is more than fast enough for most quads. i never changed that myself and i dont think the guy i did it for did either. note that 20ms (50hz) is standard for most rc equipment so that is one option.