HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:53 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
Mm I saw that too.. But thought they might be sold sans servos etc somewhere cheaper...
I've not seen its servos on sale sepperately so I doubt the board would be available without them.

As these servos are integrated into the board there is no Servo PWM signal for them, they have 5 connections to the PCB...
1. M1
2. M2
3. Pot -
4. Pot *
5. Pot +

If you wanted to connect an external servo you would need to remove the stock servo, remove the control board from you servo of choice and wire the above connection to the motor and POT in your external servo.

I'll link you some guides I've found if you like.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:11 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,628 Posts
My FC has arrived!

So I have a S032 LiPo, 4 S107 clone motors, my V929 FC and Udi props.....

Something tells me I will have to play with this lot when I get in from work tonight!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:11 AM
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by installerblizz View Post
So the white control wire from the 3 wire plug for each ESC goes to the indicated pin (EDIT on dave's 4ch converter) - where do the remaining two wires from the 3 wire plug go if I'm running 2s for the ESC's and 1s on the 4-in-1?
Anyone? Help please. I'm trying to get my plan together before ordering the parts.
installerblizz is offline Find More Posts by installerblizz
Last edited by installerblizz; Sep 29, 2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:32 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Anyone? Help please. I'm trying to get my plan together before ordering the parts.
Those would normally be 5v and ground to power the FC, but I think they would not be needed for this build.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:47 AM
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Those would normally be 5v and ground to power the FC, but I think they would not be needed for this build.
If I am running 2s on the ESC's and a seperate 1s on the FC, do I need to connect their grounds to each other for the signal wire to work?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:36 AM
The Netherlands, GE, Doetinchem
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
exactly

Quote:
If I am running 2s on the ESC's and a seperate 1s on the FC, do I need to connect their grounds to each other for the signal wire to work?
KoekieMonster is offline Find More Posts by KoekieMonster
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoekieMonster View Post
exactly
Thanks
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:33 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
I've not seen its servos on sale sepperately so I doubt the board would be available without them.

As these servos are integrated into the board there is no Servo PWM signal for them, they have 5 connections to the PCB...
1. M1
2. M2
3. Pot -
4. Pot *
5. Pot +

If you wanted to connect an external servo you would need to remove the stock servo, remove the control board from you servo of choice and wire the above connection to the motor and POT in your external servo.

I'll link you some guides I've found if you like.
Actually what I am planning to do is to run the v911 board without any servos etc, piggybacking on the v929 board. I want to use the v929 board and motors as normal in x config..
Of the v911 board I want to connect either:
1) two normal brushed motors on longer arms than the x. Sort of out riggers for the quad so in this config : ---X--- connected to the main motor plug (throttle signal) of the v911 board
2) maybe tap the signal of the motor plug into an esc and then into two brushless motors in the same --X-- config..
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:00 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,628 Posts
Sounds interesting, is this purely to get more lift? I can imagine it looking a little bit like the walkera "Spacewalker" when your done.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:01 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,628 Posts
Anyone here have a 9958? Any info on how to bind the 9958 Tx with te V929 Rx?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:40 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Quote:
Sounds interesting, is this purely to get more lift? I can imagine it looking a little bit like the walkera "Spacewalker" when your done.
Purely for lift.. And yes much like the space walker except the "out riggers" will have no input from the gyro.. So maybe going brushless on them may prove too powerful for the brushed gyro inputted motors to manoeuvre... Let's see when the 911 board arrives..

Which other cheaper board "compatible with flysky" and at least one throttle output is available btw...anyone know?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:06 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
Purely for lift.. And yes much like the space walker except the "out riggers" will have no input from the gyro.. So maybe going brushless on them may prove too powerful for the brushed gyro inputted motors to manoeuvre... Let's see when the 911 board arrives..
I assume they are both on the main motor output but are contra rotating? If you use the tali out of one of them the V911 RX would give gyro support, if it were mourned in the correct orientation. Of course one side would increase/decrease in power with gyro.

removing the servos
When you do please try and take some good close up photos (if your using something like an iPhone simply place the lens from a broken down disposable camera over the phones lens for some good Macro imagery), I'll be wanting to externally mount servos at some point.

Little tip on removing the POTs, either leave them in the board or replace them with two fixed resistors (search for "servo constant rotation mod" for details) even with no motor attached the Hbridge drivers will go nuts and overheat with confusion about not having any position feedback from the POT, I've almost lost a 9g servo board by a POT wire breaking off during my 1/87 Rc Coach build.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:17 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,628 Posts
Poly want a teaser?

For this sum of parts I estimated 17.1grams so this far I'm happy, it's 23:17 now so the chance of me getting it running tonight is getting slim, at the least I intend to have ALL things needed in one place ready for when I am.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:19 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Quote:
I assume they are both on the main motor output but are contra rotating? If you use the tali out of one of them the V911 RX would give gyro support, if it were mourned in the correct orientation. Of course one side would increase/decrease in power with gyro.

removing the servos
When you do please try and take some good close up photos (if your using something like an iPhone simply place the lens from a broken down disposable camera over the phones lens for some good Macro imagery), I'll be wanting to externally mount servos at some point.

Little tip on removing the POTs, either leave them in the board or replace them with two fixed resistors (search for "servo constant rotation mod" for details) even with no motor attached the Hbridge drivers will go nuts and overheat with confusion about not having any position feedback from the POT, I've almost lost a 9g servo board by a POT wire breaking off during my 1/87 Rc Coach build.
I'm not sure if they should be contra rotating yet...probably but Have to think about that one a bit..
Good point on the pots... I think I'll just leave them in.. If they are anything like the solo pro boards, they are just a hassle to remove,,,
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:22 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Quote:

For this sum of parts I estimated 17.1grams so this far I'm happy, it's 23:17 now so the chance of me getting it running tonight is getting slim, at the least I intend to have ALL things needed in one place ready for when I am.
I tried using the v929 std props in this direct drive configuration... The motors do heat up faster it seems..think I will over heat them with a dd in that size of props?