HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:21 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by installerblizz View Post
LOL nice. Dave, can you give your opinion on my other question - with a big 2s BL setup, do you think we could pull loops with the V929/V939 boards?
imo 2s brushless is not a good idea for a couple reasons. for one thing its probably possible to do loops etc w/o resorting to that. i think regular 1s brushless like weve been talking about is capable of that. dd on the v939 and maybe geared on the v929 although that wont be too easy.

for another thing it wont be that easy to wire up what with becs and stuff. imo if you want super powerful multicopters for aerobatics and capable of and lifting animals and small chilldren, use a full size frame with full size motors. you can even build a full size that actually costs less than a v929 or v939 by doing something like my contest winning 2 meter tricopter:

dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:09 PM
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Jun 2012
376 Posts
I really want to use bigger props than the ladybird ones. That means the bigger motors, and while they're there why not run 2s.

I was planning on powering the all-in-one from two of the charge leads of the 2s pack. It can't need much amperage.
installerblizz is offline Find More Posts by installerblizz
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:52 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,040 Posts
maybe not a good idea to power off the balance lead? i tried that with a uav and damaged a couple packs. the lvc can fail to protect both cells properly in that situation. you can always use a separate smaller 1s.

anyway inteesting idea. im curious how these fc boards would behave with more mass on the arms. keep us tuned in.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
maybe not a good idea to power off the balance lead? i tried that with a uav and damaged a couple packs. the lvc can fail to protect both cells properly in that situation. you can always use a separate smaller 1s.

anyway inteesting idea. im curious how these fc boards would behave with more mass on the arms. keep us tuned in.
Good point about draining one of the cells faster than the other. I didn't think about that.

Regarding a 2s build, the V929 board would be a better choice as it is designed for a heavier machine. Plus I'll get the little plugs for my LED's.

Are you still planning on testing your 4 channel converter this weekend? I'm going to buy one from you as soon as you do, as well as order everything else for this build. I can't wait!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:36 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,040 Posts
yup. i was hoping the 1mm ali motors would be in by now so i could take full advantage of the test stand setup but... cant have everything.

dont forget to take pics as you go along. there might be other want to follow in your footsteps.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:09 PM
Joined Jun 2012
376 Posts
Quote:
yes.

it must be if it fits in a tiny24.

10mf cap.

heres a schematic i just sketched out from your diagram:
So the white control wire from the 3 wire plug for each ESC goes to the indicated pin - where do the remaining two wires from the 3 wire plug go if I'm running 2s for the ESC's and 1s on the 4-in-1?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:29 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,657 Posts
First one of two recorded delivery packages showed up at my fathers today, I imagine it's the LB blades, l know for sure once I see my old man tomorrow.

Dave, say I got one of those converts from you and hooked it up to the tail motor output of a V911 brick installed in a plane would that opperate a servo to have a real rudder (full 4ch control)?
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:51 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,040 Posts
again, although i havent tried it with any of my v911 bricks it should work fine. those are VERY popular with the indoor micro plane guys. quite a bargain to get flysky rx, couple servos, and 2 escs for $12. i know 2 local dudes who bought several of those before setting eyes on the actual heli.

thanks for bringing that up because it will be another thing to check out when i start playing around with the converter this weekend.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:25 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,657 Posts
I've been wondering about how a tiny thing like hmthis could do really cool things, I know the code would be different but could it take two inputs (2 1/2s of say a S107 bidirectional tail motor output) and make one servo output, ofcourse only one input would be firing ata a time, no input would be servo neutral and an input on either side would make servo move in that direction.

The V911 Rx is a very nice combo, a handful of these Rx are on my Spare cash wish list, if a simple converter like this could give a servo output to a 3rd servo that would be amazing, of course correct orientation of the Rx in the plane might be an issue without removing the gyro and putting it on a flying lead....

Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:02 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Did most of u guys using a direct drive system on the DIY quads use walkera-type props?

Anyone tried using the v929 props on a direct drive application (using a homemade or other shaft adapter to fit it on the 929 motor shaft) I'm thinking of doing that, but am wondering which type of prop would give better lift characteristics as well as if using the bigger props in dd mode may cause the motors to work harder and burn than in a geared application...
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:58 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Quote:
again, although i havent tried it with any of my v911 bricks it should work fine. those are VERY popular with the indoor micro plane guys. quite a bargain to get flysky rx, couple servos, and 2 escs for $12. i know 2 local dudes who bought several of those before setting eyes on the actual heli.

thanks for bringing that up because it will be another thing to check out when i start playing around with the converter this weekend.
Where is the cheapest place u can buy these v911 boards?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:45 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,657 Posts
I just had a search and found one seller on aliexpress doing it for $12 free shipping but to be honest when I start buying them it will be from banggood for $12.99 free shipping, 3 of my 5 (so far) have arrived safe so I'll be sticking with them.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...s-p-38688.html
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:08 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Mm I saw that too.. But thought they might be sold sans servos etc somewhere cheaper...
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:21 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
Mm I saw that too.. But thought they might be sold sans servos etc somewhere cheaper...
I think you can't get the board without servos.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:23 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Ahh well.. Spare motors then